Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: should i get the apex?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [7.69%]
12 [92.31%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
model98custom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote model98custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need help with a setup NOW!
    Posted: 07 September 2005 at 10:48pm
i got some birthday money to spend and i want to get some new stuff for my custom proE. i already havea expansion chamber and a cp classic barrel. i like to snipe,give suppresion fire, and machinegun. im thinking about getting the apex barrel and a adjustable car stock. would that give a machine gun look? im thinking about the apex barrel because i can go from close range machine gunning to long range machinegunning to snipeing in 2 secounds. so what do yall think?
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 10:52pm
I'd have to say no, just because theres not too much info out for it yet. Wait a few months and see if the hype is real.
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 11:18pm
im with him but if it performs like i think it does get it
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 11:34pm
Machinegunning?

Anywho...Id invest in a new hopper before you get anything.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote model98custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 12:05am
i have a ricochet 2kx lcd hopper.
james_8997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james_8997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 8:26am

here is a vid of the apex. this thing is not that great

http://media.putfile.com/apexweb

98custom,
r/t
drop forward
j&j 12in.
empire reloader 2
double trigger
polished internals

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote model98custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 10:14am
i've seen the video but if you look the guy puts it in super flatline mode and that is the least accurate so he made it look like a piece of junk. and he had crappy paint.
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 10:40am
yeah he wasnt that good. not that i could do any better but to make a video of a barrel at least be really really good. I mean. I would do worse if I did that.
Sargent Duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sargent Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 10:53am
There really isn't such a thing as machinegunning in paintballing, and the term "sniper" just doesn't work. Anyways, concerning the APEX barrel. Way to expnsive for what I saw. Sure, the ability to shoot around bunkers is neat, but you could just snap shoot him (speedball), or outflank them (woods). The flatline and super flatline effects had horrible accuracy, and wouldn't be all that usefull. (Definetly not usefull in speedball, and it's usefullness would be reduced in the woods, as you'd be shooting through tree branches, shrubs, and other stuff that would probably break a paintball).

If you got birthday money to spend, get an HPA tank, and a Flatline (which isn't nearly as much)
Ref: I want a nice clean game
player: but it's paintball!
RedLion56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedLion56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 11:09am
get a flatline i used to have one and theyr'e great and have a lot more range and accuraccy .
A5
12"Bigshot
Pure energy 20ozCo2x2/AntiSyphon
32 degrees Black X_chamber
Pen spring mod
Polished Internals

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote model98custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 1:52pm
my friend has the flatline and i was going to get the apex to have something different but with the same shooting abilities. and with the flatline i will constantly break balls because i shoot fast and supposibly the flatline doesnt do well with high rates of fire.
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 2:04pm

If you want to get hit and eliminated every game you play because you're trying to change the Apex to do something cool, you might as well take the barrel off and spray paint randomly. The fact that you can change it is BAD.

Example:

Woodsball. You adjust your barrel to curve around a bunker and eliminate a player. Awesome. BUT, two of his buddies just found out where you where at. As you try to return fire, you realize your shots are CURVING AWAY. You hide behind your bunker, try an adjustment, pop out and start shooting. Your first three shots missed because you weren't sure where they were going, and by the time you realize you need to make another adjustment or move your gun, you're out.

The Apex Barrel DESTROYS snap-shooting. Snap shooting is what the pros do, and it is suggested that many players learn how to do this. It basically means you know where the paint will go before you even shoot without aiming. You just know your gun well enough to quickly aim and shoot and hit your target. When you're constantly changing how your barrel shoots, it's next to impossible to do this.

A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Geoduck View Drop Down
Banned - sorry, not IP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geoduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 2:50pm
Another gimmick. But maybe this barrel will make a new breed of paintball campers (I don't want to say "snipers" but you'll act the same way as a sniper, always trying to adjust your aim from a concealed position.)

Meh.
Calling Bush dumb is like calling a headless man blind.
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 3:45pm

It is NOT true that the Flatlines chops at high rates of fire. People just say this because they were using the wrond size paint and chopped(or bad paint). As long as you have the right paint the Flatline will shoot the same as any other barrel at high rates of fire.

MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
Rare-Faction View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rare-Faction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 6:54pm
I'd buy a motorized loader and an HPA tank, on the sole ideal that when you upgrade/switch guns, you'll be able to carry those along

Central Ohio Pirates

My Band, Lolligag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote model98custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 6:57pm
i already have a motorized hopper its a ricochet 2kx lcd hopper and i have a expansion chamber so i dont need hpa. i decided to get the apex and some other things ill post a pic in the marker gallery when i put it together.
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 7:54pm
don't get it. like LordJovian said, it can/will be a hassle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic