Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need lp to run nitro/comp air

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AngelKiller4evr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelKiller4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need lp to run nitro/comp air
    Posted: 07 September 2005 at 4:46pm
alright, everywhere I look it saiys that you need an lp kit to run nitro/comp air, but my friend told me that some people told hime that it could be used without it, is this true? I dont really believe it but, it might work
You dont need a $1500 marker to be the best.

-------
-Tippmann 98 Custom
-32 Degrees quiet riot 14" barrel
-BT double trigger kit
-Tippmann expansion chamber
-32 Degrees flame drop forward
pooperscooper View Drop Down
I’m not sure where to post this...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 4:49pm
You don't need the LPK to run air it just makes it more efficient and better.
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down untill he gets the information he wants.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelKiller4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 4:54pm
oh wow, really? how bad will it run though?

-------
-Tippmann 98 Custom
-BT double trigger kit
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 4:59pm
As long as you have a HP tank it will run awesome.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelKiller4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 5:01pm
ok thanks, I didnt want to run out and spend $100 if I didnt need to, all I have to buy is the tank, thanks again for clearifying this for me

-------
-Tippmann 98 Custom
-BT double trigger kit
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 5:21pm

HPA is one of the best upgrades out there.  The LPK is just a minor tweak compared.

Make sure to get a tank that has "high" output - you need 800 psi or so from thetank to run your Tippmann.  Some tanks put out 450 psi or so - those are not for you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelKiller4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 5:41pm
where could I find an 800 psi hpa tank? everywhere I go, the have in the thousand (nitro of course) do I need a reg for this or is there an 800 psi preset hpa tank?

-------
-Tippmann 98 Custom
-BT double trigger kit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 5:57pm

The thousands of psis are the INTERNAL pressure - 3000psi, 4500psi, etc.  (You want 4500 psi, but anything will work)

That is how much air the tank holds.

The OUTPUT pressure will be either "high", "low", or "variable/adjustable".  This is the pressure of the air that goes to the gun.  This is what you want to be "high" or 800ish.

Most tanks will work.  Unless it specifically says "low output pressure" or "400 psi" or something like that, you should be fine.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelKiller4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 6:00pm
ok, thanks for clearifying that for me, I was a bit confused

-------
-Tippmann 98 Custom
-BT double trigger kit
ultmate98 View Drop Down
Fear the THUMB!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultmate98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 6:07pm
does anyone know the safe psi limit for macro line?(  im too lazy to look)
Warning: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning
      Christ Krew
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 6:37pm
Lots.  No need to worry about it.
MeHoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeHoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 12:14am
i have heard the exact opposite, even from the guys who installed my LPK. it uses more air, but is more consistent not efficient. less pressure, more volume, more consistency.

my marker fires 289fps every shot, but i went through about 4 fills on a 3000psi 68cuin tanks on a case of paint + 200rds-ish. that was with a non-functioning RT (you need replacement parts to get it to work with LPK that i didnt have). not sure if a non-functioning RT wastes gas. from looking at its setup it would appear that it could very easily waste it.

so in any case while a-5's are gas hogs, mine appears to be worse now that i have the LPK.

just a heads up.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 12:14pm

The LPK will not improve your efficiency - I found no noticable change in either direction.

What the LPK DOES do is improve chrono consistency (noticably), and reduce recoil (VERY noticably).  Sound signature is also reduced.

The main effect is the reduced recoil, which makes aiming at high ROF much much easier.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic