Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

National Hispanic Heritage Month.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: National Hispanic Heritage Month.
    Posted: 02 September 2005 at 9:03pm
For all of you less informed people that cry and moan during Feburary, let this be a lesson.

I will only reply to intellegent posts in this thread otherwise I will ignore all other posts.

Get some "smarts" at this link.Dont forget to celebrate Sept. 15th - Oct. 15th.

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 9:04pm
Amen.
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 9:19pm
it seems there is a month for every race except white people. does anyone else find something wrong with that? we have heritage, too.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 9:20pm
Hah! Exactly the post I was looking for...

If you paid attention in your history class you wouldnt be whining now...

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Hah! Exactly the post I was looking for...

If you paid attention in your history class you wouldnt be whining now...

Well, thats kind of like saying that the whites came and were big bullies so we pretend they dont have a history.

EDIT : Whoops, I forgot, your going to ignore any points to the contrary

Edited by Darur
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

whites came and were big bullies so we pretend they dont have a history.

Yay! Finally people understand we need to give all government positions and rights solely to black people in reperation for the extreme oppression that the evil white people put on every single black person in this country!

Edited by WGP guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 9:36pm
has a black person, or any person other than white for that matter, ever run for president?
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by bluemunky42 bluemunky42 wrote:

has a black person, or any person other than white for that matter, ever run for president?
yes..
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

Originally posted by bluemunky42 bluemunky42 wrote:

yes..
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 9:40pm
really? when?
-edit- i googled it and came up with no satisfactory results.

Edited by bluemunky42
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 9:40pm
I am not against contary posts, but I think it is a waste of my time explaining over and over that these months are to raise awareness to the history that doesnt make it into the history books, not to say one culture is better than another by awarding them a month to celebrate.

edit...Too bad you didnt pay attention last february or you might be able to know that answer.

Edited by Hades

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 9:45pm

I am not against contary posts, but I think it is a waste of my time explaining over and over that these months are to raise awareness to the history that doesnt make it into the history books, not to say one culture is better than another by awarding them a month to celebrate.

Ah, but by giving every race except for Caucasians their own month its like giving everyone a slice of cake because they had something bad happen to them but not giving a slice of cake to the one person who had an average year.  Although you arent openly discriminating against him its still hard on that one person.

Personally, I say give everyone their own month or do away with the system.  What happened to the whole "All men are created equal" slogan?

Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 9:47pm
Well, men and women both have awareness months and I know there is a trangendered month, so I am not sure who you think is left out and isnt included.

I am not trying to attack you, just the arguemnt there isnt a month for everyone.

Edited by Hades

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 9:52pm
i guess there are enough holidays about certain white people that it almost counts as a month... but as darur said, it's not exactly fair. not that i'd really celebrate, i mean who does? no one i know, at least. it just makes me uneasy, knowing that "we're all equal" yet we are the only race with out a "slice of cake".
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 9:59pm

Well, men and women both have awareness months and I know there is a trangendered month, so I am not sure who you think is left out and isnt included.

I was speaking racially . . .

And before we begin the endless flow of taunts from the left-wingers out there calling it white man syndrom or whatever the hell their term is, bear in mind we have the same stuff here, though I prefer to call it "poor minority wannabe syndrom".  Hawaiians dont need all the help they get, a large group of them need support but the fat hogs at the top take it all.  Kamehameha Schools, OHA, they all stand for the well-off Hawaiian that just wants more, the only Hawaiians that need that stuff get nothing.  Further more Hawaiians arent discriminated against, were never enslaved and are doing very good.

In a place like Hawaii, a White History month would acctually be a good idea. We are talking about a place where the Caucasian race is so greatly underrepresented that a pure Caucasian when asked his ethnicity will say "haoule", or when a hapa person is asked his ethnicity he might say Filipino and hauole".  Not to mention the fact that weekly I am called an "<explicit> haoule" (I will allow you to fill in your own word, they all are used) and the only history about us told here is how we "stole the aina".

EDIT : Hades, I never consider anything said in a debate an attack on me, nor are any of my arguments (save for a few in the occasinal thread) an attack back. 

Edited by Darur
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Baroque-Urban View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flaming 8/31

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baroque-Urban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 10:13pm
I think this is just sad that there is a black history month,hispanic history month, and probably asian? dont know if there is. But if we have a white history month then that would be "racist".....

Not sure what to buy...hmm
djrock View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Filter Dodge 01/13/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 10:52pm
Where is the white history month. I am not a racist, but didn't white people build America, blacks and hispanics just complain about it. Learn English!

It's been changed jackass.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by djrock djrock wrote:

Where is the white history month. I am not a racist, but didn't white people build America, blacks and hispanics just complain about it. Learn English!

The irony in that statement is unbleivable

Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
djrock View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Filter Dodge 01/13/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by WGP guy WGP guy wrote:

Yay! Finally people understand we need to give all government positions and rights solely to black people in reperation for the extreme oppression that the evil white people put on every single black person in this country!

I don't hate blacks, they are just so liberal. White people did the hard work building this country, now black people think they have the right to run it. I am not a racist. I just gave the truth, sometimes the truth hurts, even when it comes to race.

It's been changed jackass.
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by djrock djrock wrote:

Originally posted by WGP guy WGP guy wrote:

I don't hate blacks, they are just so liberal. White people did the hard work building this country, now black people think they have the right to run it. I am not a racist. I just gave the truth, sometimes the truth hurts, even when it comes to race.

Are you kidding me? Slavery ring a bell. African Americans had a huge role in the creation of America.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic