Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

E-bolt problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pooperscooper View Drop Down
I’m not sure where to post this...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E-bolt problems
    Posted: 02 September 2005 at 7:26am
I just got my m98 E-bolt installed and its way cool, except when you shoot, it shoots two balls good, then the rest have low velocity and only go like 20 feet. I'm new to E-bolts so can someone please help.
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down untill he gets the information he wants.
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 11:38am

Originally posted by pooperscooper pooperscooper wrote:

I just got my m98 E-bolt installed and its way cool, except when you shoot, it shoots two balls good, then the rest have low velocity and only go like 20 feet. I'm new to E-bolts so can someone please help.

Pooper,

Read the instructins again and watch the video again. Two balls feeding is probably a worn out detent. Replace it. (what hopper are you using?) Velocity control, if you have full pressure to the power valve, is controlled by the regulated pressure to the ram (which controls how hard the ram hits the valve pin...just like putting a heavier sring kit into the standard marker) If you raise that pressure too high you will hear a leak...then back off a half turn from the point it stops leaking. Velocity is also controlled by dwell, but it is not likely you will have to adjust that outside the recommed settings. Read the instructins again and watch the video again.

I don't remember if you have said how the rest of your marker is put together, but I'll cover a couple of improvement points. If you don't have a Palmer Stabilizer, get one. With the Palmer you can back the screw velocity adjustment, the one in the side of the power tube, out till the inside end is flush with the inside of the tube. You will not need it to  adjust velocity again. You will use the Stabilizer pressure adjustment to control velocity.

Since you no longer need the blow back gas to cock the hammer, you will find that you can operate the marker at MUCH lower pressures. To reduce the gas that used to cock the hammer do one of two things. Either get a LP valve or bush the valve pin. Tippmann would not sell just the LP power valve to me. I found the LP valve and volumizer on EBay. The LP valve has a larger diameter pin stem to reduce the blow by space out the rear of the valve body. The other method I used until I located a LP valve was to take a piece of the tube used to connect the E-Bolt ram and press it over the power valve pin. This, at least in my marker, brought the diameter of the pin up to the point that it filled the hole. It may be a tight fit and stick a bit preventing the valve form working smoothly. Put a drop of oil on the outside of that tube to lubricate it as it slides through the rear body hole of the valve. These mods work even if you are still using CO2.

But, you cannot get away from freeze up problems with the rapid fire now available to you with the E-Bolt. You will want to switch to switch to HPA, eventually.

Edited by Bruce A. Frank

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 4:32pm
I ordered a palmers stabilizer when I ordered the ebolt, so I got it at the same time. And yes I know that you use it as a velocity adjuster.

I didn't mean it was shooting two at the same time I meant that the first two shots you fire in quick succession go the right distance, then the shots after that go less and less distance.

I did what the instructions said but its still not working right.
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down untill he gets the information he wants.
98cowboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98cowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 8:22pm

Make sure your battery is new.  Make sure you arent tipping your tank up higher than the gun so as not to get liquid in the solenoid.  Unscrew your tank and screw it back in and shoot.

I remember my ebolt doing this a couple of times but I didnt think anything of it because it never did it again.

You can always send it to tippmann, since its new it should have some kind of warranty

GO BUCKS!!!

bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 9:27pm
check your dwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 8:16am
Ok now it quit doing that. I remembered while I was at school that I forgot to oil the new valve parts. I don't know if that had any thing to do with it, but I took it apart and put oil all over it and now it works.

Kewl
RedLion56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedLion56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 8:24am
Thank god man made oil
A5
12"Bigshot
Pure energy 20ozCo2x2/AntiSyphon
32 degrees Black X_chamber
Pen spring mod
Polished Internals
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 9:55am
wrong forum. too late though. for future reference, this would go in gun maintenance and repair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 11:00am
Ya I realized that after a couple of post but decided oh well.

Plus, there are usually more people on the Ups and Customizing forum.
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 8:35pm
You don't want more people, you want people who actually answer these types of questions in the right section.
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
98cowboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98cowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2005 at 9:52pm

Im glad its working youll love it.  Make sure you got a loader to feed it.  It is so awesome.

Get a pen spring and cut it down to where it fits between the trig and body without being compressed and you will have an awsome trig pull with out the slop of totally removing it.

GO BUCKS!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2005 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by 98cowboy 98cowboy wrote:

Im glad its working youll love it. Make sure you got a loader to feed it. It is so awesome.

Get a pen spring and cut it down to where it fits between the trig and body without being compressed and you will have an awsome trig pull with out the slop of totally removing it.

I already have a Halo TSA and I don't have a trigger spring in now and I don't have any slop because the switch keeps constant pressure on the trigger. Its wicked fast hehehe...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic