FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Battle of New Orleans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battle of New Orleans
    Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:01pm
***edit***

Edited by oldsoldier
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:02pm

Trust OS to turn every possible event into a tirade against "the left".

Bored now.

reclusivetorrid View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Look at me, I came out of my hole!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Well so much for human nature. Proof of the human condition were a few will allways make the lives of those trying to survive a situation and rebuild difficult and dangerous.

This is not Iraq, this is New Orleans, LA, after a major storm the looting, now shots fired at National Guardsmen and Police, car jackings, murder, assaults, along with criminal youthgangs running wild.

So to be consistant our friends on the left must now demand a complete US pull out of New Orleans and let them build thier own future without US help. We can not endanger our Military and relief workers in this enviorment, nor can we violate the "rights" of those who are the predators. So if we pull out all Police, Military and Relief Agency personnel we can avoid senseless loss of American life, let the New Orleanians fend for themselves, safer that way for political agendas to be consistant.

I suppose I'd be bored if it weren't true. Like about 98% of everything that comes from the left.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:05pm
nt

Edited by oldsoldier
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:12pm
This fella was on the radio yesterday. He was flying a scout helo for the rescue boys down south. He said from 500 feet up, all he could smell was death comming from the city.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:20pm
I say we nuke them all to fix the problem... Heck it just the East Coast.

Edited by Hades

reclusivetorrid View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Look at me, I came out of my hole!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

ROFLMAO!
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

That hurts Hades...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:26pm
Yeah... I like my east coast. I live here and all... The east coast is so much better. We have like, more states on this coasts. But Rhode Island dont count.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:28pm
new orleans is in shambles, it needs to be nuked
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:29pm

Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

new orleans is in shambles, it needs to be nuked

When was New Orleans NOT in shambles?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:31pm
Its always been kinda rotten. I try to speak french with them. I ok at creol and breton, but the way they speak it, it just sounds funny.
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:32pm
New Orleans is a very poor city, it's just being nationally exposed for the first time. However, it's a really cool city with a lot of history, so it needs to be rebuilt.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:38pm
It doesnt need to be rebuilt thats inviting disaster. Im not saying it should stay in ruin. But it doesnt need to be developed to heck and back. Its below sea level and in tornado alley. Whatever is built is going to get pumelled again, and people will die.

Im curious, these people saw this huricane comming. I cant help but feel that with weather advances like we have now, where we can see a storm comming days in advance, its their own fault for not leaving town.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:38pm
I don't think you can rebuild history...
Betterdays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betterdays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Im curious, these people saw this huricane comming. I cant help but feel that with weather advances like we have now, where we can see a storm comming days in advance, its their own fault for not leaving town.

Partially yes it is, but in this case many people were to poor to leave. They had no place to go and no money to get there anyway.

Also, I blame the media somewhat. They over-hype smaller storms and when truly big ones come along people are so desensitized they don't listen.

Edited by Betterdays
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:42pm
You can make replicas, but i dont think it will ever have the same ring to it, historicly, im in awe that this could have happened with people knowing this beast of a storm was on its way.
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:52pm

What do you suggest they do to the city, DBib? Let it rot? Throw away one of the US's most valuable ports? What about the areas around New Orleans that weren't destroyed, like the North Shore? Let neighborhoods that are in OK shape be left behind because the city is their lifeline?

<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:55pm
Rebuild it some, try and build more sound structures that will withstand a storm like that. But the "historical" part of the city, if its rebuilt like it was, will just be killed like the times before it, and people will die all over again.
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 1:23pm
Pffft. Hmmm... lemme build a city 10ft below sea level, and surrounded on three sides by water! What a great plan!

Leave it to the French for that fantastic idea.

As for the current situation... they should have declared Martial Law BEFORE the storm hit, and shot the first looters on sight. Restore order, before it is lost. But that isn't the happy-frappy way to do things I suppose. Can't shoot anyone anymore... even if they are holding an AK and shooting at evacuation helicopters.

Edited by ShortyBP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic