Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Battle of New Orleans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 3:00pm

Martial Law is an interesting suggestion.  Given the constitutional history, probably not appropriate for this context, but not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

A reasonably good article on the basics of martial law can be found here.

EDIT - just read the bottom new paragraph in my linked article.  It claims that martial law already HAS been declared in New Orleans?

EDIT EDIT - Apparently my vaunted article overstated the case, according to this news article.  Hmm.

Edited by Clark Kent
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 3:03pm
I live here; I am here; that is me and a million like me that you see on your television set. I have spent the past two days doing volunteer work and have to carry a loaded gun in my glovebox. Now that my power is back on for the first time in nearly 72 hours, I check the Internet, and you've turned one of the worst natural disasters in American history into a political argument—a poor political argument.

Well, go to hell, you wrinkled, narcissistic piece of you know what. Do you want to talk patriotism? I'd say that people like you, the ones playing Monday Morning Quarterback, the ones laughing about thousands of deaths, thinking, "Yes! I can make a point with this!" are the least patriotic. Of us all, the most guilty of treason is you.

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 3:05pm

Erica lives!

How are you doing?!

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 3:05pm
Wow, someones upset.

Not too good Clark.

Edited by DBibeau855
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 3:22pm
New Orleans is falling down, falling down, falling down......

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Betterdays Betterdays wrote:

Regarding mobilization of the military: nothing military ever happens quickly...that's simply a fact of life. Yes, you could have 10,000 troops on stand by in Georgia the night before. How are you going to get them there? The roads are essentially impassible, unless you are using airmobile infantry, you don't have helicopter resources to move that many people and even if you did, how are you going to re-supply them? Dropping 10,000 troops into New Orleans right now would only succeed in making the supply problems worse.

Well if the roads are immpassable, I guess that would be a good place for them to start, wouldn't it? I'm not saying that everyone has to be in Neworleans, but we've got a standing army, navy, and national guard for a reason, don't we? Use them. There are at least a hundred miles of debris to be sifted through, thousands of miles of roads to be opened, and gods know how many bodies to dig out of basements.

As far as supplies for your troops, how do you supply them on extended missions in the feild? Same difference, really.

Still can't do it? Fine, have them setting up the support infrastucture to be able to do it.

Basically, whatever they are doing, it shouldn't be watching this on the news from a thousand miles away, unless they're one of the ones left pulling guard somewhere.
Betterdays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betterdays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 3:29pm
Dazed:

I deleted that post specifically because when I re-read it I knew someone would argue about it. Oh well, not quick enough I guess.

In any case the military IS mobilizing but it takes time. The original complaint was that things were not happening quickly enough and my point was that things can not happen quickly where the military (or really any large body of people) are involved.

Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 3:34pm
I must have quoted and started composing before you deleted, my bad.

And the original complaint was that people are griping about some of the victims not evacuating when they had plenty of warning. The government comment was to put that in perspective. The military has far more resourses than the people of neworleans and bilouxi, yet they didn't manage to put 20000 people in place to assist before the hurricane. How does everyone expect 500,000(or however many people live in those areas) to get out in that same amount of time, with what little resources they may or may not have had?

Considering that several hundred thousand managed to get out in that time, you would think that the military could have gotten several thousand ready to get in during that time.

Edited by Dazed
agentwhale007. View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 3:52pm

Im suprised Old Soldier hasn't blamed the hurricane on Bill Clinton. Im sure its his fault some how.

If I lived in Louisiana, and everything I owned is now under water and ruined, I cant go to work, I have no food, I am desprate, You best belive I would get a gun and go get what I need.

To hell with civility and manners when your starving and your kids need diapers and food. Go get what you need untill somebody trys and helps you.

Edited by agentwhale007.

Hey, nice marmot!
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007. agentwhale007. wrote:

To hell with civility and manners when your starving and your kids need diapers and food. Go get what you need untill somebody trys and helps you.

agreed. starvation will lead people to desperate measures.
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 3:57pm
Theres a big difference in getting food and water, and getting 12 cases of beer and some TVs. Theres a big difference in doing what you can until help arrives, and shooting randomly at rescue workers and cops trying to get people out.

To hell with civility and manners when people are so stupidly greedy that they won't take help, and will hinder it from getting to other people, including their "loved" ones at a time like this. Put those people down like dogs and help those who deserve it.
soonerdude05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soonerdude05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by whoknowswho whoknowswho wrote:

I understand that Oklahoma is sending a lot of soldiers to help out in Lousiana within a few days. As far as I'm concerned, if a looter gets himself shot because he is a moron and thought that he could ignore being told to stop and drop his gun, that is what the thieving idiot gets.

Ya my brother's unit was activated but then they called him today and said to stand down. But that might just be his unit I don't know about the others so there probably is still some going down there. And with the army his orders could change at any time so he might still go. And his unit was actually supposed to go to Mississippi.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by soonerdude05 soonerdude05 wrote:

Originally posted by whoknowswho whoknowswho wrote:

I understand that Oklahoma is sending a lot of soldiers to help out in
Lousiana within a few days. As far as I'm concerned, if a looter gets
himself shot because he is a moron and thought that he could ignore
being told to stop and drop his gun, that is what the thieving idiot
gets.

Ya my brother's unit was activated but then they called him today and
said to stand down. But that might just be his unit I don't know about
the others so there probably is still some going down there. And with
the army his orders could change at any time so he might still go. And
his unit was actually supposed to go to Mississippi.

perhaps they're following that one guy's advice and just pulling out and leaving the New Orleanders to die. its 100% anarchy down there, this is a perfect example to all the emo quacks who wear the anarchy wristbands. like what you see? yeah, thats what i thought.
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 5:16pm
Paramedics sometimes are told to stand down. There are a bunch of different codes we used. Code black was when we could take out time. Meaning, there wasnt any possible way we could do anything. Ive never had to respond to a code black, but i had to know about it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 5:25pm
Bush also said he expected Saudi Arabia to do "everything they can" to provide more oil, although he noted the Saudis had "limited capacity" to do so.
^copied from an article on yahoo. BS if you ask me, oil is all they have over there.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 6:00pm
They just better have this mess cleaned up before Marti Gras, so I can buy cheap beer and have the ladies flash me their money makers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

They just better have this mess cleaned up before Marti Gras, so I can buy cheap beer and have the ladies flash me their money makers!

if EJP sees this post...i hate to think what would happen
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 6:03pm
She will flash me for some cheap beads!!!

Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 6:05pm
I wonder how many people meant to spend their senior year around mardi gras...

saepe fidelis
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

But Rhode Island dont count.

Rhode Island sucks, it isn't even an island.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic