Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

M98 Ebolt from 888paintball

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pooperscooper View Drop Down
I’m not sure where to post this...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M98 Ebolt from 888paintball
    Posted: 31 August 2005 at 9:07pm
Ok I ordered the kit from 888paintball for $59 expecting to have to do some minor modifications to fit it in my 98c. I got it in the mail today and opened it up and found an instructional video. I watched it (cuz my dad made me) then I went to install it. Come to find out, even when the neccesary dremel work is done, the board is too far back in the grip for the trigger to activate the switch. This was irritating. I thought about it and decided that a small piece of sheet metal or whatever could be attached onto the top of the metal clip thing on the trigger so that it would go back far enough to activate the switch. I thought this was way too complicated and I didn't want to be jerry riggin gunk onto my gun, so I think I will send it to Tippmann.
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down untill he gets the information he wants.
Geoduck View Drop Down
Banned - sorry, not IP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geoduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 9:11pm
Yeah, send it to them for installation.
Calling Bush dumb is like calling a headless man blind.
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 9:14pm
That stinks. As long as Tippmann will do it for free then you're good to go.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
Mag-a-Man View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 Derogatory Sexual Slur 9/22

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mag-a-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 9:31pm
i might order  one and just make a trigger that could reach the switch... still thinking bought it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 9:31pm
I don't know what they are going to do to the trigger though. The switch is like 1/2" away from the back of the trigger.
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down untill he gets the information he wants.
Jeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:25am
I havn't looked at it but Im think you could desolder(is that the right word?) the switch from the board. Then run wires from the switch to the board and place the trigger where ever you want.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Jeet Jeet wrote:

I havn't looked at it but Im think you could desolder(is that the right
word?) the switch from the board. Then run wires from the switch to the
board and place the trigger where ever you want.

The switch is just screwed on to the board. But I think I will make an attachment to go into the metal clip thing so that it will reach back that far.
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 2:19pm

Originally posted by pooperscooper pooperscooper wrote:

The switch is just screwed on to the board. But I think I will make an attachment to go into the metal clip thing so that it will reach back that far.

The switched can be moved on or removed from the board (mount it on its own little piece of circuit board{Radio Shack}). With extreme care, and I am not sure I should recommend this, the lever on the switch can be bent forward to contract the trigger. (two pairs of needle nose pliers to hold and bend the lever so no stress is put on the switch's plastic body.)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Bruce A. Frank Bruce A. Frank wrote:

Originally posted by pooperscooper pooperscooper wrote:

The switched can be moved on or removed from the board (mount it on its own little piece of circuit board{Radio Shack}). With extreme care, and I am not sure I should recommend this, the lever on the switch can be bent forward to contract the trigger. (two pairs of needle nose pliers to hold and bend the lever so no stress is put on the switch's plastic body.)

Ok thanks I'll rmember that, but what I was thinking (and getting ready to do just now) is JB weld a piece of metal into the metal clip that goes on the trigger and bending it back so it will activate the switch.
Frobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 7:25pm
you could tap the trigger, and put a long grubscrew in there, that way it will be adjustable too.

i have the BSI kit, and it works with the old M98 triggers(because theres a thing sticking out for the spring to hook on), but not the 98c triggers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 8:36pm
Ok I just got done doing all the neccessary milling and trigger work. I'll test it tommorrow and post pics later.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic