Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cheating

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
BrushHog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrushHog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Bruce A. Frank Bruce A. Frank wrote:

Originally posted by tightness79 tightness79 wrote:

What does ramping do?

I have been hit by a ball going 500 fps on my calf through heavy weight Levis. The spot didn't bruise, it was turned to hamburger. The injury took 4 weeks to heal.

If i get hit with a 500 fps its not a game anymore and time to drop the gloves  

A man who has made no enemies is not truely a man at all.
ArmySyko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArmySyko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

A much easier way to control ROF (if in fact we want to do that) is to limit the amount of paint you can carry.  If going from 20bps to 12bps means you won't run out of paint, that will tend to limit your crazy shooting.

I know there are matches and fields where this does happen.  The issue is if you want to use your own paint.  What will you do?  Bring your paint to the field and let the refs count the rounds and put them into tubes that you supply?  It sounds like a great plan knowing that people would cheat and try to get around it.  Though I could see this happening:

"Uh, I gotta go to the latrine," says a player while he sneaks over ot his car and grabs two more tubes of rounds and conceals them in his clothes.

So then do you make a holding pen and take a person's ammo while they leave the pen and give it back when they return?  It sounds like taking a pee test in the military.
reclusivetorrid View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Look at me, I came out of my hole!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 7:54am
Originally posted by BrushHog BrushHog wrote:

Originally posted by tightness79 tightness79 wrote:

What does ramping do?

I have been hit by a ball going 500 fps on my calf through heavy weight Levis. The spot didn't bruise, it was turned to hamburger. The injury took 4 weeks to heal.

If i get hit with a 500 fps its not a gameanymore and time to drop the gloves

Brother, you get hit at 500 fps, your goin' to the hospital.

I think a .45 fires at someting like 600 fps.
BrushHog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrushHog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 7:59am
hope the shooter covers my deductable
A man who has made no enemies is not truely a man at all.
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 12:46pm

Originally posted by reclusivetorrid reclusivetorrid wrote:

Brother, you get hit at 500 fps, your going' to the hospital.

I think a .45 fires at something like 600 fps.

I have been a competitive pistol shooter for years. A Colt 45 fires a 230 grain bullet at about 860 fps. There are reduced velocity loads used for target competition, but none get quite down to 600 fps. If the paintball were heavier and did not disintegrate on impact, at 500 fps there would be deep penetration of the skin. It is all energy.

Everyone has heard the story, haven't they, of the woman killed by a paintball-like projectile  shot in the eye from a paintball marker?

reclusivetorrid View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Look at me, I came out of my hole!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 1:07pm

Originally posted by reclusivetorrid reclusivetorrid wrote:

Brother, you get hit at 500 fps, your going' to the hospital. I think a .45 fires at something like 600 fps.

I have been a competitive pistol shooter for years. A Colt 45 fires a 230 grain bullet at about 860 fps. There are reduced velocity loads used for target competition, but none get quite down to 600 fps. If the paintball were heavier and did not disintegrate on impact, at 500 fps there would be deep penetration of the skin. It is all energy.

Everyone has heard the story, haven't they, of the woman killed by a paintball-like projectile shot in the eye from a paintball marker?

Yeah...ok 860 fps.

You get my point though, the particulars don't really matter.
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 1:45pm
I keep it fair; I keep it mech.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 1:47pm

Heh - my A-5 RT and RT Pro both shoot faster than most electros...

ArmySyko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArmySyko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by triggerhappy1 triggerhappy1 wrote:

I keep it fair; I keep it mech.

My plan is to keep my A5 all mech too.  I've fired A4's and M16's for too long to let something do the firing for me.
Xspyderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xspyderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 5:20pm

^^^^ Yeah baby!  R/T rocks!  I've been using mine for about a month and a half.... got it installed by Tippmann at Hell Survivor's Monster Game... came back for the second session on day one withou ttelling my buddies... I shot intentional semi until one of them asked me to lay down some cover fire... I let her rip right as he made his move to advance... what an awesome rapid fire cannon... he was so surprised he almost got hit turning to look at what was making all the racket... man my A5 is loud... I love it!  I'm either switching to HPA or adding a low pressure kit to help smooth it out a little... but I'm afraid it will quiet down my rig too much... we'll see.

Oh yeah, about ramping... blah blah blah... I've read all the post in this thread.. sounds like a lot of exagerating to me... shoot whatever way you want... shoot as much paint as you want... keep the FPS under 300, but no crying!

Xs.

A5, GTA; Flatline, Double Trigger, R/T, Tapco Stock, 32 Remote, Attitude

Forum: meeting place or medium for discussion of matters of public interest. NOT INTERESTED? DON'T POST!
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

But M4's are full auto, and they are also in wide-spread military and law enforcement use, as well as MP3's, M60s, and a variety of other nifty toys.  His point stands, even if his weapons trivia is a little out of date.
NOT ENTIRELY TRUE!  My uncle has 2 M4s and both are SEMI.  One is a regular assult rifle and the other is a sniper rifle.  It will shoot a dime from across a football field no problem.  My uncle is a gun collector of a sort and he knows almost anything about guns.  M4s do come in full-auto, but most are semi.  Only the military issue a full-auto i belive.  You can take them somewhere to make them full-auto, but it's not legal.  So in a scence, you where right.......
X
DarkSideEchoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkSideEchoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 12:13am

Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Again, check your local rules.  Where I usually play, we have guys playing full auto, ramping - I have my RT Mag bouncing wildly at 20+ bps.  None of us are cheating.

And that has been the rule since the dawn of time - it's a very old field.  This is not a new change.  Where I play, nobody is trying to "get around the rules" - the rules allow whatever we want to bring, so long as we stay under 275.  That's the way it has always been.

Nobody has gotten hurt yet (from getting shot with a paintball).  I occasionally host a true semi only game, but that is not from fear of injury, but because I don't want to freak out the 20+ rookies playing with Prolites.

I would suggest to you that there are thousands of people playing at fields that never had a "semi-only" rule, or play in their back yard, where they make up their own rules.  The semi only rule exists in some places, and only recently.  Judging all rampers by your local rules is not fair.

Goggles are rated for 300 fps by the ASTM standards. Due to the normal turtle pace of regulating bodies they are taking a while to come up with standards to regulate bps even though there are reports of goggles being pushed off faces and lens being popped out of frames at high bps rates of fire. Due to the abuse of velocity ramping coming into play combined with unlimited ROF several insurance companies are re-evaluating their policies for field coverage. There are rumors that the leagues may have problems with tournament insurance coverage if no method is devised to curtail ROF above 17 bps and velocity ramping modes. My point is that ramping modes fosters cheating of fields that do not allow full auto or velocities above 300 fps. It appears that if players can cheat where ramping is not allowed they will/they do. If ramping ROF because you can is acceptable then it is hardly a stretch to velocity ramping with the next step being OK to wipe.

People who cheat with ramping ROF and velocity where it is not legal are scum bags...is that clear enough??? Ramping velocity will become the next "legalized" mode because the player can get away with it. I may be wrong, but from what I read none of the pro tournaments started out allowing full auto.

No, they are rated for 500fps

DarkSideEchoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkSideEchoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 12:16am
How does a paintball even stay together at 500 fps?
txhazard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txhazard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 1:51am

I personally use semi auto, i like to aim b4 i shoot. However there are pusses out there who need to fire 200 rounds a second to hit there mark. The only time you should use full-auto is when your laying down supression fire.

LeaVe n0 0ne bEhinD
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 9:26am
i didn't even know a paintball marker could fire at 500fps.

xspyderman, wouldn't you want the marker to be quiter? most people do. whatever floats your boat, i guess.

Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

Me and my team made a pact. If somone get's cought cheating, we let him stand about 20 feet away and let him run while the team is shooting at him.

my team does that for practice. it's called the running man drill, but the man running holds a shield so he doesn't get entirely lit up. we try to hit the shield as much as possible while he runs the estimated distance of one bunker to another. but sometimes he will get a few on the ankles or occasionally mask/head. it's a good drill.
Mr. Heckler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Heckler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by TRC1040 TRC1040 wrote:

Not exactly, are you going to say that the men in Iraq are guppies casue the M16 is full auto, in woods ball there is normaly like one person that is semi like a sniper, and most other people have the fast guns. That's how it works out for me most of the time.

The M-16 rifle used in Iraq is the M-16A2. The M-16A2 assault rifle is not full-auto. It has Safe, Semi, and 3 Burst. The M-16A1 assault rifle did have full-auto but it was removed because it ate too much ammo. Anyway, I do know what you mean but i couldn't let that go unchecked.

The Tippmann Forums.....My Anti-Drug.

-98Custom
-Flatline
-6-Position Collapsible Stock
-32 Degrees Remote Hose
-Crossman Red Dot
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2005 at 8:59pm

M-16A2s and M4s (Military issuse) have selector switches. You can select Safe, S, F and B. AR-15s are civilian version "M-16s" because they are ONLY semi.

Once the reg on my MiniMag wasnt working properly and with the velocity adjustment all the way in, it shot 445fps.

I <3 my RT, closest thing you can get to ramping mechanicaly.

Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2005 at 11:18pm

Goggles are rated for 300 fps by the ASTM standards. People who cheat with ramping ROF and velocity where it is not legal are scum bags...is that clear enough??? Ramping velocity will become the next "legalized" mode because the player can get away with it. I may be wrong, but from what I read none of the pro tournaments started out allowing full auto.

Originally posted by DarkSide DarkSide wrote:

No, they are rated for 500fps

Quote from Warpig article on ASTM regulation of Goggle specs.(ASTM standard F1776)

"Additionally, paintball goggles are designed to protect against paintballs traveling at speeds up to 300 feet per second (realistically the ASTM standards involve testing them to far beyond this point to allow a significant margin of error, and overprotection, however, they are designed for use only with paintguns firing at or under 300 fps.)"

They are designed to virtually last forever with impacts of 300 FPS, Above that and there is increased risk of failure.

Edited by Bruce A. Frank
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 12:49am

WARPIG is hardly the best source in the world, and I am not sure I agree with your reading anyway.

Not that this point is that important, but I think somebody needs to pony up the $39 to download ASTM F1776-01 (the current version of the standard)...

Somebody other than me, that is, since I don't particularly care.

:)

Xspyderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xspyderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 12:49pm
xspyderman, wouldn't you want the marker to be quiter? most people do. whatever floats your boat, i guess.

There are advantages to being quiet I suppose, but how effective are they really.  You do most of your shooting from 20-75' anyway.. neither being quiet or using camo really help that much.  I love seeing people... often newbies, but not always... jump out of their skin when my marker opens up.  I like it loud!!!
Xs.

A5, GTA; Flatline, Double Trigger, R/T, Tapco Stock, 32 Remote, Attitude

Forum: meeting place or medium for discussion of matters of public interest. NOT INTERESTED? DON'T POST!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic