Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cheating

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Xspyderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xspyderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by txhazard txhazard wrote:

I personally use semi auto, i like to aim b4 i shoot. However there are pusses out there who need to fire 200 rounds a second to hit there mark. The only time you should use full-auto is when your laying down supression fire.

I do both... my best hope is for 17 BPS with my rig as it is... most likely I'm lucky to shoot 15 BPS... it is great for cover fire or strafing as someone runs from bunker to bunker... it is very best for dumping 50 rounds on some paint wiping cheater!

Edited by Xspyderman
Xs.

A5, GTA; Flatline, Double Trigger, R/T, Tapco Stock, 32 Remote, Attitude

Forum: meeting place or medium for discussion of matters of public interest. NOT INTERESTED? DON'T POST!
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 1:23pm

Originally posted by Xspyderman Xspyderman wrote:

xspyderman, wouldn't you want the marker to be quiter? most people do. whatever floats your boat, i guess.

There are advantages to being quiet I suppose, but how effective are they really.  You do most of your shooting from 20-75' anyway.. neither being quiet or using camo really help that much.  I love seeing people... often newbies, but not always... jump out of their skin when my marker opens up.  I like it loud!!!

A new player may flinch at the sound of a loud marker, but the more experienced player lets the sound guide his moves...when to duck and when to shoot and move. A player may not be visible to me when he is shooting from another corner of his bunker at another player. But if his marker is loud, I know exactly where he is and plan my attack appropriately.

Some of the whisper quiet markers don't provide enough report to locate them when I cannot see them. Consequently, on occasion I get taken out by a player who's marker was more quiet than the background noise on the field...didn't know he was there until the splat caught me in the goggles.

Jinxed View Drop Down
Guested - Ethnic Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jinxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 1:31pm
Man, I love laying down suppresion fire. I can waste half the
opposing team if they're playing Brit.
Confidence is good, but never be arrogant.
Jinxed View Drop Down
Guested - Ethnic Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jinxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 1:32pm
Most the time I'll just snipe if I see an op, though
Confidence is good, but never be arrogant.
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 2:42pm
Hate to burst your all's bubble but If memory is correct 90% of all pro tourny players wipe. So I guess your gonna have to deal with it if you plan on playing tourny. Also woods players are known to wipe too.

It's part of the game I guess. Paintball didnt start out like this, it's just how the sport has progressed.

As far as ramping, If you buy any marker that is in the mid to high end range they all have boards you can get that ramp. ION, DYE, Angels, Karnivor they all can ramp and or set to god like bps's.

Deal with it or find another game, may I suggest checkers.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 7:25pm
^yeah, in checkers there is certainly no wiping. i just had a funny picture in my head: a guy moves his piece unfairly while the opposing player looks away, but he still sees. he whips out a SL68 II, and pumps 3 rounds into his chest. cheater!

Edited by bluemunky42
Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Justice Justice wrote:

It's part of the game I guess. Paintball didnt start out like this, it's just how the sport has progressed.

its more like degressed actually.

cheating doens't have to part of the tourney scene, or the woodball scene. its when you guys say "oh well they wiped to i'm gonna wipe" and then the guy who shot you saw you wipe, so when he gets shoe he wipes and so on. you guys think this is fun? you have been eating too many paintballs becuase you got overshot because you wiped.

its only cheating if its breaking the field rules. and wiping isn't allowed in any field book.

you guys know we can fix this broken sad weed infested path paintball on both sides has taken don't you? want to know how? set a good example and don't cheat, don't wipe, ever. its you aren't sure either call a paint check on yourself or call yourself out. this may seem a little odd to some of you, but its the right thing to do. it will keep the next guy from cheating. people onlt cheat because they were cheated on. just reverse the proccess. better yet, don't wipe do that then your little bro, or cousin, or the little new player watching or playing for the first time see you call youf self out honestly, he learns that you are not supposed to cheat. some of you guys never leaned that cheating is wrong. becuase your first time playing, you played with cheaters. stop cheating. play with honor
www.pbteamwow.com
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 8:41am
I never say "o well they wipe", I send allot more paint there way, or charge them and light there butts up, (unless it's a youngin). 

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
Xspyderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xspyderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 4:15pm

"Additionally, paintball goggles are designed to protect against paintballs traveling at speeds up to 300 feet per second (realistically the ASTM standards involve testing them to far beyond this point to allow a significant margin of error, and overprotection, however, they are designed for use only with paintguns firing at or under 300 fps.)"

They are designed to virtually last forever with impacts of 300 FPS, Above that and there is increased risk of failure.

[/QUOTE] They may seem to last "forever", but the manual on all mine has said to replace the lens after one direct hit.  And mine have all been ASTM rated to 300 BPS only.

Edited by Xspyderman
Xs.

A5, GTA; Flatline, Double Trigger, R/T, Tapco Stock, 32 Remote, Attitude

Forum: meeting place or medium for discussion of matters of public interest. NOT INTERESTED? DON'T POST!
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 4:31pm

Your mask manual says to replace the lens after one direct hit?!?!?!  Which mask is this?

My V-Force says to replace the lens annually...

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Your mask manual says to replace the lens after one direct hit?!?!?!  Which mask is this?

My V-Force says to replace the lens annually...

I believe my Profiler manual says "replace lens after you sustain a direct hit from under 10 feet."

BrushHog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrushHog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 6:54pm

[/QUOTE]
cheating doens't have to part of the tourney scene, or the woodball scene. 

set a good example and don't cheat, don't wipe, ever. its you aren't sure either call a paint check on yourself or call yourself out. this may seem a little odd to some of you, but its the right thing to do.[/QUOTE]

I'm wiping, unless its a direct hit and I have no doubt in my mind then its wiped ! And if and when I do cheat it isnt because I think someone else has cheated, its because I am not ready to go to the sidelines !

A man who has made no enemies is not truely a man at all.
Knight of Fire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knight of Fire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 6:57pm
same with my JTs Spectras, "If you sustain a shot on the lens within 10 ft Replace lens IMMIEDIETLY"
On a side note, I completely disagree with ANYONE who suggest that using Cheater boards or any form of cheating is "ok". What some of you are implying is "well its no biggie if you got one, and its not really cheating." let alone your doing this in the NEW PLAYER forum.. yea good going... and if you think this will help make paintball popular, your wrong, Tyger has made it clear in his blog, keep going down this path and someone will either get seriously hurt or be killed.

-Knight

Edited by Knight of Fire
Team Wardog -team captain
Desolator12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desolator12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 7:02pm

Bah. Fields should make you take the gun apart if it is suspected you're using a piece of cheap plastic-n-diodes... hell, I could probably field-strip my tippmann 98c in my sleep at this point!

But yah. Cheating's wrong, mmkay? If I ever see you wiping, holding down your trigger, or using any other illegal parafanalia, I'll light you up. Even if you're on my team, I'll give you something to remember me by. From Russia with Love.

Edit: What my bud said up there (KoF), cheating and other stuff can seriously hurt... I remember my... second day at the fields (First day I didn't get hit or hit anything.) I was the last person on my team (because everybody hit behind a beercan... this is airball if you guys don't know... the inflatables) and I was out of ammo. The ref asked me if I wanted to surrender, and before I could get a chance, I got hit a few times in the mask and side... I don't know what would have happened if the other guy had a board and 500 FPS... prolly wouldn't be posting here, and my mom would be campaigning against Paintball :p

Edited by Desolator12
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic