Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

can i get anti syphon and remote

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sgt.Tippy<^> View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt.Tippy<^> Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can i get anti syphon and remote
    Posted: 31 August 2005 at 5:01pm

can i get anti syphon and remote or will it just take more liquid co2 in my gun

Tippmann A5
Red/Green dot sight
Lapco Bigshot 8.5"
Palmers A5 Stableiser
20oz Gas canister/Anti Syphon
pooperscooper View Drop Down
I’m not sure where to post this...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 5:03pm
Just use the remote it won't let any co2 into the gun and yes an anti-siphon+remote would make more liquid co2 get into your gun.
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down untill he gets the information he wants.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 5:05pm
the whole anti siphon works when your tank is in the horizontal position.  Get the remote, it keeps the liquid out of your tank.  And also it usually makes your gun quieter.
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 5:50pm

Originally posted by pooperscooper pooperscooper wrote:

Just use the remote it won't let any co2 into the gun and yes an anti-siphon+remote would make more liquid co2 get into your gun.

No. The remote will not keep all of the co2 out of your gun. It will HELP to keep it out.

MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 5:58pm
No, you can't use both
whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 6:23pm
I'd just go with the remote.
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
Sargent Duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sargent Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 7:16pm
Woodsball - Remote
Speedball - Anti-Siphon

As others have already said, Anti-siphon only works when your tank is horizontal. When it's vertical (as in using a remote), it won't work.
Ref: I want a nice clean game
player: but it's paintball!
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 8:03pm

Originally posted by Sgt.Tippy<^> Sgt.Tippy<^> wrote:

Can I get anti-siphon and remote or will it just take more liquid CO2 in my gun

The anti-siphon is intended to keep liquid out of marker by drawing pressure from the gas space in the bottle when the bottle is screwed into the ASA and lying on its side. When you are using the remote set up, the intent is to give any liquid that might get into the line a chance to vaporize before it reaches the marker. Since the bottle will be on your back there is little likelihood that it will be in a position where there is a bubble area from which it can draw gas consistently. The siphon would be of little value.

That said, it is possible to mount a dip tube, a tube that extends all the way to just short of the bottom of the bottle, and mount the bottle upside down on your back. This stands a good chance of drawing nothing but gas from the upside down bottle. And, with the remote, even if liquid gets in, it has time to vaporise before it reaches the marker.

The siphon would be hit or miss as to whether it is oriented to suck gas most of the time. The extended dip tube in an upside down bottle would more frequently just draw gas.

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 9:24pm

Interesting concept if you could find a way to mount your tank horizontally. 

In theory or if you're standing still anti-syphon seems great but what about when you're moving around, diving etc. during play and sloshing the c02 around.  Seems like it would suck the liquid right up.  Never used one though.

Edited by Lightningbolt
Sent from a phone booth
Sargent Duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sargent Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 9:46pm
If youre that worried, get an expansion chamber along with your remote. Although quite a bit more, this will work much better for you than an anti-siphon will. With a remote doing a pretty good feeding the gun CO2 gas, a X-chamber will make it so your gun shoots nothing but gas.
Ref: I want a nice clean game
player: but it's paintball!
pooperscooper View Drop Down
I’m not sure where to post this...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

Interesting concept if you could find a way to mount your tank horizontally.

In theory or if you're standing still anti-syphon seems great but what about when you're moving around, diving etc. during play and sloshing the c02 around. Seems like it would suck the liquid right up. Never used one though.

Its only sucking gas/liquid when your shooting. When you're just running the pressure in the tank is already equalized with the pressure in the gas line, so the liquid doesn't go in there unless it sloshes while you are shooting.
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down untill he gets the information he wants.
FyreFly View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FyreFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 11:39pm
A full CO2 tank only contains approx 33% liquid CO2. Which leaves approx
66% of the tank filled with vapor.

System X NME LE
WGP Orracle Cocker
Tippmann A-5 E-Grip & LPK
Tippmann 98C Flatline & LPK
ultmate98 View Drop Down
Fear the THUMB!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultmate98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Sargent Duck Sargent Duck wrote:

Woodsball - Remote
Speedball - Anti-Siphon

As others have already said, Anti-siphon only works when your tank is horizontal. When it's vertical (as in using a remote), it won't work.
Warning: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning
      Christ Krew
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 12:22pm

Originally posted by FyreFly FyreFly wrote:

A full CO2 tank only contains approx 33% liquid CO2. Which leaves approx 66% of the tank filled with vapor.

Fyrefly,

I don't know where you get that information. I have my own filling station and a lot of experience as a welder and a welding tech with filling pressure bottles. If you do a calculation of density of liquid CO2 and the internal volume of a 20 oz paintball cylinder, 20 ounces of liquid CO2 fills about 85% of that volume.

FyreFly View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FyreFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 12:38pm
It was posted on the forum awhile ago...   I'll see if I can't find the thread.

System X NME LE
WGP Orracle Cocker
Tippmann A-5 E-Grip & LPK
Tippmann 98C Flatline & LPK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic