Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Request: Marker upgrade advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ERobinson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ERobinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Request: Marker upgrade advice
    Posted: 30 August 2005 at 4:23pm

I have recently purchased an A-5 and I'm in the process of upgrading it.  My current upgrades are:  a flatline barrel, a double trigger, and a HPA tank.    I am probably going to add an e-grip and some point in the near future as well.

I am now considering adding a low pressure kit and a regulator to my marker.  Money isn't really a big issue, but I don't want to just waste money on something that will only give a slight performance increase.

So my question is this:  Is the lpk/regulator combo really worth purchasing with the upgrades I already have?   And if so which regulator would you recommend (I seem to be getting the impression that the palmer fatty/male regulators are the prefered choice from what I've read in the forums so far)  Thanks for reading my post, and any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

(I realize there are alot of similar posts in the board, but I figured it would be best to present my EXACT situation to get the best advice )

Edited by ERobinson
Light a man a fire and you warm him for a day.
Light a man on fire and you warm him for the rest of his life.
Silent_Jae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silent_Jae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 5:03pm
I'm new to forums but I've been playing paintball for years.  I wouldn't recomend puting the lpk on your a5 or any tippmann with a flatline.  If you are running hpa already then the gun is going to be really consistent.  Adding a regulator will make it more so.  As far as regs go I recomend a Worr Games reg, any one they are all the same inside, or a Custom Porducts reg.  They cost the same as a palmers and I think they work just as well but look a lot better.  Speaking from experiece the lpk isnt going to make it much more consistent, if any at all.  The only reason to put a lpk on a tippmann would be to allow it to shoot thin shelled balls like draxxus hellfire.  Which you can't shoot through a flatline.  The lpk will also make your gun less air efficient.  Since it uses more air at a lower pressure to get the ball up to speed.  The upside to the lpk would be that your gun will be a little quieter.

But in the end its your gun so do what you want.

Happy upgrading,

Jae

98c
GTA e-bolt w/ WGP LPR
LPK w/ WGP ergo reg
RDI center feed
BT double trigger
CP 2-piece barrel kit
"The essence of war is violence. Moderation in war is imbecility." -Admiral Sir John A. Fisher
Sargent Duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sargent Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Silent_Jae Silent_Jae wrote:

The lpk will also make your gun less air efficient.  Since it uses more air at a lower pressure to get the ball up to speed.  The upside to the lpk would be that your gun will be a little quieter.

Actually, you're wrong. The LPK WILL make your gun more air efficient. Instead of shooting roughly 800-850psi per shot, LP will shoot around 200-300psi per shot. This in itself is more efficient.

There are a couple of advantages to using LP. Better air efficiency, less recoil (this may help your accuracy, depending on how good of a grip you have on the gun, but for most people this is a moot point), quiter, easier on paint (as has already been mentioned, thin shelled). It's the general concensus though that an LPK for a Tippmann generally isn't worth it. However, if you have the money to buy, go for it. If I had the extra money to burn I know I would.

Most people around here recommend the Palmers becuase it's the best stabalizer for CO2. Since your using HPA, your regulators that you can use become much more broad. However, the Palmers does rank in the top 4 regs....just something to keep in mind.

Edited by Sargent Duck
Ref: I want a nice clean game
player: but it's paintball!
Large Unit View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not really, but it looks good as a name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Large Unit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 12:47am

Originally posted by Sargent Duck Sargent Duck wrote:

Actually, you're wrong. The LPK WILL make your gun more air efficient. Instead of shooting roughly 800-850psi per shot, LP will shoot around 200-300psi per shot. This in itself is more efficient.

I could be wrong but I was told the that even though the output pressure is lower it still uses roughly the same amount of air. (Instead of pushing the paintball with 800 psi for a very small amount of time it pushes it with 200-300 psi for a longer amount of time)

I have seen tippmanns using the LP kit and they were not getting much better consistancy or much better efficiency than tippmanns with just a reg.. LP kit is not worth it IMO.

Erobinson if you are having problems with consistancy you should get a nice regulator, and if you are playing in the woods I would get a r/t, if you are playing speedball I would just save for a new marker.

Edited by Large Unit
ERobinson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ERobinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 10:34am

Thanks for the help, guys.  Looks like I'll just look into getting a good regulator and leave the lpk for now.

Light a man a fire and you warm him for a day.
Light a man on fire and you warm him for the rest of his life.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic