Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flatline

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jokor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flatline
    Posted: 30 August 2005 at 2:44pm

i hear that the a-5 flatline sucks becuz when it chops u have to take the whole thing apart and clean the barrel and reassamable it. the when i read review its great. So i wanted to know ur opinions. Also if u have a LPK-Palmer-Flatline-Egrip setup let me know.

Sgt.Tippy<^> View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt.Tippy<^> Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 3:11pm

Na flatline isnt as bad as everyone makes out it doesent chop balls often if you use right balls which arent realy hard to find

PS. you cant have a Low pressure kit when you have a palmers stableiser because they go in the same place on a gun.

Tippmann A5
Red/Green dot sight
Lapco Bigshot 8.5"
Palmers A5 Stableiser
20oz Gas canister/Anti Syphon
glazener24 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glazener24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 3:13pm

just use paint with a thick shell and you'll be fine.

Originally posted by Sgt.Tippy<^> Sgt.Tippy<^> wrote:

Na flatline isnt as bad as everyone makes out it doesent chop balls often if you use right balls which arent realy hard to find

PS. you cant have a Low pressure kit when you have a palmers stableiser because they go in the same place on a gun.

umm...yes you can...

"It strikes fear in my heart..." -Former OU coach Barry Switzer, in regards to OSU football.
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 4:04pm
You have to use a secondary reg. The Male Palmer's Stabalizer is a great choice if you use co2.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
Hella Cool View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Screw you guys, I’m going home

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hella Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Jokor Jokor wrote:

i hear that the a-5 flatline sucks becuz when it chops u have to take the whole thing apart and clean the barrel and reassamable it. the when i read review its great. So i wanted to know ur opinions. Also if u have a LPK-Palmer-Flatline-Egrip setup let me know.

I have a A-5, Flatline, E-Grip, Palmers setup. I love it. The A-5 Flatline doesn't break balls and is super easy to take off and clean.

EDIT: Good job being a noob, Sgt. Tippy.

Edited by Hella Cool
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 7:29pm

Chopping paint has nothing to do with the barrel. At that, the Flatline rarly breaks paint unless you bought it at Walmart. And its very easy to clean.

MrRiblets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrRiblets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 10:17pm
The only way you are going to chop balls is if your shooting to fast and I dont think that is going to be a problem.
I wand to buy an ION

Second place in Young Gunz Tourny Div.3
Ambush paintball, surrey, bc, canada
TEKahuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEKahuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 10:57pm

Scenario:  Team game ending up being a one on one.

If you usually end up in a close quarters situation where you both are charging each other the flatline will do you in unless you think to make up the downspin difference. 

Expirence:  I've ended up going one on one in a corner of a woodsball field many times and the people never adjust their aiming, so their balls usually go over my head while I pop 'em 4 out of 5 times.  Whenever I'm playing with a flatline in the group they always break balls.  That'll ruin the game usually.

But, you know that's just me.

Edited by TEKahuna
Gun Info: 98C E-Pro ACT
14in Stiffi
Offset Mount
RedDot 45mmScope
Shocktech ShockFlyBolt
RocketCock II
Cyclone Feed
Dog Leg
All TechT Cyclone upgrades

4 guns and counting!!
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 12:42am

Your not going to chop with an A-5....

Iv never had more than average breaking with my Flatline unless I was using really bad paint, the velocity was too high, it was installed wrong, or it was really cold out and the shell was brittle.

Lil' Joe Boogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil' Joe Boogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 1:25am
Originally posted by TEKahuna TEKahuna wrote:

Scenario:  Team game ending up being a one on one.

If you usually end up in a close quarters situation where you both are charging each other the flatline will do you in unless you think to make up the downspin difference. 

Expirence:  I've ended up going one on one in a corner of a woodsball field many times and the people never adjust their aiming, so their balls usually go over my head while I pop 'em 4 out of 5 times.  Whenever I'm playing with a flatline in the group they always break balls.  That'll ruin the game usually.

But, you know that's just me.

Just you.
Whenever you upgrade you have to become familiar with the new feature you have just added. The only way you can do that is to continue playing with it. I have 2 A-5s. One I use solely with the Flatline. It is very easy to maintain and install. It works great for me.
You will get to know what brands of paint you can trust the most. If you go cheap you will get cheap.

Edited by Lil' Joe Boogie
Lil' Joe Boogie
A-5
Jokor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 11:26pm

well im not the guy who is trying to shoot 15 bps if i have the shot i will take it. also i am a woodsball player so. a good friend of mine told me just get an all american. another friend of mine had a flatline for his 98 and it sucked pretty bad.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic