Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I hate....

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Joined: 19 December 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1311
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by bluemunky42 bluemunky42 wrote:

alright, so you got me with eminem and usher, but avril lavigne is definitely not rap. what was the point of mentioning her?


Contrast - best non-rapper came in third, FAR behind first place.


understood. i'm with dbib on avril lavigne. she....sucks. but that's just me! we all have our own views on punk, gangsta, goth, and all the other social cliques. i say we scrap this thread and let it die, because it's starting to get on my nerves, and likely alot of the other forumers too.
Back to Top
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Joined: 28 January 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3795
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

No i think poorly of him because he has a song about sticking his " long black <penis> into a white woman"  and hes not saying this in a way of saying hes gonna have sex.  He said he was saying it about taking a white boys girlfriend and having sex with her for the simple reason of being well endowed. 

I am still missing your point...?  Honestly - I don't see what is bad about this.  Billy Joel (king of "easy listening") is always complaining about Catholic girls starting much too late.

Quote  As for perpetuating rascism, that was between hades and dbib i thought... 

I misattributed statements to you.  My bad.

 

Im still lost on the billy joel thing though.  I don't have a problem with what he says, its just i was very very surprised to hear somebody say something like that.  I dunno i was just appaled.

Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 5:51pm
Forget Billy Joel - why were you appalled?  What is bad about what this rapper said?  I honestly don't see the cause of your concern.  Men have been singing about sex with women since the beginning of time.
Back to Top
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Joined: 28 January 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3795
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 5:54pm
I dunno i guess what shocked me was the way he said it.  Not really a big deal to me now that i think about it.  I dunno. 
Back to Top
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Joined: 06 July 2003
Location: Austin, Tx
Status: Offline
Points: 10299
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:


No, in this society. When you swear in public, it shows a lack of inteligence. Just because a person swears at home, doesnt mean its part of his culture. If you swear in public you will be viewed as a person incapable to express yourself in any other way but swearing.


So if Clark swore like a sailor who lost his first mate in an argument, he would be displaying a lack of intelligence?

Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

I believe a famous rapper said "hate the player not the game".  This principle still applies in the fact that we should think poorly of the singer, not the culture or race.


So, tell me then, why are you judging the entire genre on what you have heard? If we "hate the player", then why are you, "hating the game"?

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Yeah, I dont like music that is full of vulgarities. In this society it shows a lack of inteligence. It isnt the music people dont like, or the color, its the fact that the music objectifies women, is vulgar and worships a criminal life style. Kids running around in Sean Jean or what have flashing crypt signs and doing a crypt walk, look like morons. And they do it to look cool.


First, crip. California revolution in progress. CRIP.

Second, I highly doubt that a few words society has condemned as bad show a lack of intelligence. Immortal Technique is the ultimate example of this. download "the cause of death" by him.

Quote For whatever reason you choose to state, it perpetuates racism.


It seems to have done the exact oppisite for me. I used to beleive the sme things as you. But I started to  listen to tupac. I gained a much greater understanding about black people in the ghetto than could ever be tough by someone in a conversation. Because of that, I dont buy into the stereotypes that people such as yourself do.

I think Rap has made me a better person, if not only more understanding and open minded.

Quote People dont use rap as a crutch to justify racism or what have you. Look at a black man, and look at a man wearing a white T, blue jeans, timberlands and whatnot. And form an opinion. One has bought into the "gangsta" look. The other looks like everyone else.


Ever heard of the saying "dont judge a book by its cover"? Put it into practice.

The smartest black person I know in my school is one of the most stereotipical black people I have met. Fake ganster, all the hip hop fads, and yet he could wipe the floor with you in an argument about anything, and use words so complicated dictionary.com would become a personal sponsor for you because you would use it so much. He is a good person as well, as long as he doesnt have any of his peers around to judge him.

Second, I try nto to form opinions of people unless I have talked with them. It just seems wrong to classify people in ways that only their appearance can justify. It just seems ignorant.

And the one that looks like everyone else, does he look EMO? Or preppy? Or rich, poor, or middle class? Does he look like he leads a good life? How can he look like everyone else. If anything, that statement disproves the validity of your argument for that post. GG.

Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

No i mean literally the forst 30 seconds of the song were those two words.  It just makes me think poorly of the music and the singer if he has to use those words to start a song. I dont like rap that much because of the majority of what i hear is cursing



ICP anyone, slayer? Im sure if I listened to more rock, country, or other genres, I could name plenty of artists that curse and speak of vulgarities, and speak poorly of women. the genre has nothing to do with anything, except what the listener makes it.

You say you dont like rap? What makes the alcohol abusing, womenizer, coke addicts that are the rock stars I hear about better than someone hwo wants money, women, and nice possesions? Id go so far as to say the majority of the population would not decline those if they were offered them. So what if they add in some rude words that you dont like. Its nothing that isnt said in any other genre of music.

Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

I live right next to DC and its not like that.  And the kids who do have had the sense beaten back into them by their peers.  And if this majority of white suburban kids listen to hip hop i pity them and what their life will become.  Watch the move "thirteen" if you wanna know what im talking about.


Because everyone conforms to and becomes what they listen to, right? I guess that's why I emptied my clip and screamed thug life last night after prayin to god lift me from this earth where my homeboys had lost their life, right?
Back to Top
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Joined: 19 December 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1311
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 6:40pm
o my flippin god...can you say, OWN3D!!!!
Back to Top
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Joined: 08 March 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4920
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 6:57pm
All emo bands, QUIT YOUR DAMN CRYIN, EMO KIDS!! and bands like good charolette and simple plan, and most punk bands, several rappers, several rockers, most pops, and anyone who hates bush because its the new thing to do.
Back to Top
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Joined: 19 December 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1311
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

All emo bands, QUIT YOUR DAMN CRYIN, EMO KIDS!! and bands like good
charolette and simple plan, and most punk bands, several rappers,
several rockers, most pops, and anyone who hates bush because its the
new thing to do.


first, get rid of your spyware(i deleted the stuff in the quote).
second, blame eminem for starting the hate bush thing.
and third, i agree on the emo part. i had to listen to an entire all american rejects cd and certain phrases that stood out were "my paper heart will bleed" and stuff like that and it made me sick. i felt like yelling at the speakers: shut up you whining <obscene word>, no one cares about your bloody problems! stop trying to get attention through self-pity! suck it up and move the heck on!
Back to Top
southernboy51 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 August 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 687
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southernboy51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 7:09pm
i should probbaly get a strike for starting this
Back to Top
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Joined: 06 July 2003
Location: Austin, Tx
Status: Offline
Points: 10299
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by southernboy51 southernboy51 wrote:

i should probbaly get a strike for starting this


You started a good, semi intelligent debate. Its the reason I come to this forum. Nothing wrong with getting people to express their opinions.
Back to Top
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Funny/Ironic Title

Joined: 25 January 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 6470
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 10:24pm
Wow I can't believe nobody said anything about this but rap music being about doing drugs and treating women like dirt Dbib? Maybe some of the newer mainstream garbage, but clearly you have never heard Tupac's Keep Ya Head Up. Far for treating woman badly.
I need a new Sig...
Back to Top
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Joined: 06 July 2003
Location: Austin, Tx
Status: Offline
Points: 10299
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 10:28pm
Its the exact oppisite actually.

"And since we all came from a woman Got our name from a woman and our game from a woman I wonder why we take from our women Why we rape our women, do we hate our women? I think it's time to kill for our women Time to heal our women, be real to our women"
Back to Top
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Yes, spelled secual.

Joined: 12 September 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 7951
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 11:11pm
Gatyr is the second greatest person ever. Right behind Tupac.

Many rappers songs are not like what you guys say they are like.
Check out, Tabili Kewili, Tupac, and some Nas songs.
Back to Top
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Joined: 26 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11662
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 11:17pm
Well you know what. It might be ok to swear and curse and say the N word in some cultures. But when you do it and dress like a moron. Do not scream racism when you try and make a life for yourself in the business world.
Back to Top
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Yes, spelled secual.

Joined: 12 September 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 7951
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Well you know what. It might be ok to swear and curse and say the N word in some cultures. But when you do it and dress like a moron. Do not scream racism when you try and make a life for yourself in the business world.

Theres a difference between **edited**er and **edited**a.
And, tupac said it best.
**edited**er is the brother with a rope around his neck hanging from a tree.
**edited**a is the brother with the gold rope around his neck, hanging in the club.
Its a term of empowerment.


Back to Top
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Joined: 26 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11662
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 11:23pm
Yeah. I bet. I won't give him a job. Neither of em, ones dead on his feet, and one looks as if he glorifies a criminal life style.
Back to Top
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Yes, spelled secual.

Joined: 12 September 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 7951
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 11:30pm
Thug Life doesn't mean what you think it means. 
Back to Top
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Joined: 26 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11662
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 11:31pm
And? In business setting, Sean Jean and baggy jeans have no business there.
Back to Top
Impulse. View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Banned for linkage to Doll Pron

Joined: 12 May 2005
Location: Austria
Status: Offline
Points: 782
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impulse. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 1:20am

Originally posted by cdacda13 cdacda13 wrote:

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Well you know what. It might be ok to swear and curse and say the N word in some cultures. But when you do it and dress like a moron. Do not scream racism when you try and make a life for yourself in the business world.

Theres a difference between **edited**er and **edited**a.
And, tupac said it best.
**edited**er is the brother with a rope around his neck hanging from a tree.
**edited**a is the brother with the gold rope around his neck, hanging in the club.
Its a term of empowerment.


There is also a difference between a black person and a nig.

Back to Top
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Joined: 06 July 2003
Location: Austin, Tx
Status: Offline
Points: 10299
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

And? In business setting, Sean Jean and baggy jeans have no business there.


Neither do stereotypes nor bigotry.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.295 seconds.