Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

problem with my 98C and its LpK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zippered! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippered! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: problem with my 98C and its LpK
    Posted: 28 August 2005 at 6:18pm
Hey guys i just recently got a LPK for my 98C. and to tell you the truth i am not happy.I have a r/t and a flatline barrel on it, and when i shoot the balls come out of the flatline like ball bearingsd instead of lifting up they just drop i only get like 70feet worth of range and thats it. what is wrong with it does the flatline have to have lots of pressure to create backspin or couldit be something else?

98c____________
Flatline Barrel
14" Ultralite Dye barrel
Response trigger
proseal powertubeII
mad dog A5 spring
12v Viewloader Revolution with Xboard
Crossfire 68cu in. 3000Psi
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2005 at 6:46pm
is your flatline clean?

Whats your veloctiy at?
Zippered! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippered! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2005 at 6:51pm
my flat line is as clean as it will ever be i just got it refurbished and got it back from tippmann this is the first time i jave used it since than so its not the flatline ( i also tested the flatline on another gun to make sure it wasnt the barrel and its not cuz on the other gun the barrel works fine) and as for velocity i havent had it cronied so i dont know exact but i would prolly say around 270-290 somewhere in that region.
98c____________
Flatline Barrel
14" Ultralite Dye barrel
Response trigger
proseal powertubeII
mad dog A5 spring
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2005 at 7:48pm
Check your input pressure, and do you have the LP fittings for the R/T?
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2005 at 12:47am

Originally posted by Zippered! Zippered! wrote:

Hey guys i just recently got a LPK for my 98C. and to tell you the truth i am not happy.I have a r/t and a Flatline barrel on it, and when i shoot the balls come out of the Flatline like ball bearings instead of lifting up they just drop i only get like 70feet worth of range and thats it. what is wrong with it does the Flatline have to have lots of pressure to create backspin or could it be something else?

Well, if you have the correct size paintballs then the ONLY thing that is important is ball velocity. It makes no difference if the ball is accelerated by 400 psi or 800 psi. If it is traveling at 270+ fps then it should develop the back spin as it is supposed to. Get a chrono check. Another way to check it out is to take your new refurbished  barrel and try it on someone else's marker to make sure it is working properly. Also, clean the barrel with hot soapy water, even if you think it was clean when you installed it.

schnappi View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Idiot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schnappi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2005 at 1:39am
He already tried it on another gun...

I have a lpk and flatline and it all works fine...  What Roll Tide said sounds about right, not that I would know because I don't know anything about the r/t
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2005 at 9:29pm
It would be nice if Zippered would get back to us as to what works, doesn't work. or what he found. No response sort of takes the fun out of trying to help.
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2005 at 10:42pm
this could be caused by the "T" fitting where the adaptor, valve and low pressure volume chamber meet. the opening may be to small not allowing  the correct volume of air at low pressure to flow. This problem sometimes happens during manufacturing. You can drill it out yourself or send it to tippmann
Zippered! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippered! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2005 at 6:27pm
Hey guys sry about the no response. what happened is that the valve for the lpk doesnt have the same groves in it that the valve for a r/t trigger does. So unfortunatly i couldnt use the r/t and the lpk at the same time. I was wondering if there was some way to get the 2 to work together. say maybe there is a type of valve you can order from tippman perhaps?
98c____________
Flatline Barrel
14" Ultralite Dye barrel
Response trigger
proseal powertubeII
mad dog A5 spring
tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2005 at 7:01pm
the R\T valve is the stock valve, did you put in the valve that came with the lp kit? it just has bigger grooves to let a larger volume of air through, without that valve in the balls will barely dribble out the end of the barrel.
Zippered! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippered! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2005 at 8:42pm
yeah thats what i found out. the valve that works with the r/t is different than the Lpk valve. the grooves are different and so the r/t wont work with the lpk. So now i have a different prob cuz they dont work together the r/t and the Lpk. Or is there something i am missing?
98c____________
Flatline Barrel
14" Ultralite Dye barrel
Response trigger
proseal powertubeII
mad dog A5 spring
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 10:38am
You should have no problem running the LPK with the R/T , I run this setup and it works fine . I did switch to the larger tubing for the R/T(sent to me by tippman) as I was having starvation problems @ high fireing rates - 15bps but at lower rates it was fine. Use everything that came with the LPK except the power tube it does not have the port for the R/T use the power tube that came with the R/T and install the LPK valve into it then call Tippmann and tell them you need the upgrade for the R/T  and LPK combination. As I stated above mine works great , I have my Palmer set @ 300psi  hope this helps.
tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 8:07pm

Originally posted by cus98tom cus98tom wrote:

You should have no problem running the LPK with the R/T , I run this setup and it works fine . I did switch to the larger tubing for the R/T(sent to me by tippman) as I was having starvation problems @ high fireing rates - 15bps but at lower rates it was fine. Use everything that came with the LPK except the power tube it does not have the port for the R/T use the power tube that came with the R/T and install the LPK valve into it then call Tippmann and tell them you need the upgrade for the R/T  and LPK combination. As I stated above mine works great , I have my Palmer set @ 300psi  hope this helps.

yeah what he said^^

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic