Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Speedball Tippy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MrRiblets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrRiblets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speedball Tippy
    Posted: 26 August 2005 at 11:49pm
I want to get into speedball with my 98 custom and was wondering what ups I should get for it so its faster on semi. The ups I have are a 14" J&J Ceramic and Halo TSA hopper.
the snipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the snipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 12:06am
If you have the money get an R/T I'd stick with the tas hopper and get a freak barrel or a  dye boomstick barrle
Sargent Duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sargent Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 8:55am
I'd actually recommend an e-bolt (if you can find them). A lot of fields don't allow the r/t. Check with your field first.

I'd also highly recommend modding the trigger as well, such as the pen spring mod and the q-tip mod (a trigger stop)
Ref: I want a nice clean game
player: but it's paintball!
Cheetos3254 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Too cheesy for mere words to describe ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Sargent Duck Sargent Duck wrote:

I'd actually recommend an e-bolt (if you can find them). A lot of fields don't allow the r/t. Check with your field first.

I'd also highly recommend modding the trigger as well, such as the pen spring mod and the q-tip mod (a trigger stop)

with the mods your not gonna be able to pull off more bps really. It just makes the trigger easier too pull. and if the mods are done wrong. they can lead to A LOT of double firing but yes you should do some mods for your tippy. and I'm actually going to play speedball with my tippy in 15 minutes! and i only have a double trigger, J&J ceramic barrel, and a bunch of mods. so I'm going to get an R/T. <<< go with an R/T if your field allows them
pooperscooper View Drop Down
I’m not sure where to post this...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 10:03am
You can get an ebolt from 888 Paintball right now for $60 but they aren't going to last long so you better hurry. just dial 1-888-paintball and ask for the Model 98 electronic conversion kit. It takes minor modification to fit it into a 98c though, but Tippmann will install it for free.
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down untill he gets the information he wants.
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 11:12am
I'd recommend going for accuracy/consitency first before going for bps; if you're sticking with C02, get a nice stablizer (palmer is 1 option).  Nothing wrong with your barrell, experiment with paint until you find one that gives you a nice match.
MrRiblets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrRiblets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 1:46pm
How do you do the pen spring mod and the q-tip mod. I want to get an Air tank so should I get a reg or lpk for it.
MoNkeY Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNkeY Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 1:48pm
  if your field alows RTs get one ,they trasform your gun. If not get the m98 ebolt, and if you want to switch to Hpa if not get a sablizer and xchamber. I got to say for the money your going to spend you could get somthing better.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNkeY Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 1:53pm
  Dont get a LPK they dont do much, all you need is a Hpa bottle and your on your way. As for the trig mods the q tip mod is going to help the most. The pen spring dose not do nothing as far as ROF gose. 
Konig42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konig42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 2:39pm
y are rts not allowed at sum fields, yet ebolts are?     
Early bird gets the worm, second mouse gets the cheese!
pen spring trig
HaloTSALED
double trigger
Flatln
stock
bkup J&J 14" bbl
str fire b
Large Unit View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not really, but it looks good as a name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Large Unit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 3:09pm
If I were you I would just buy a new marker, you can get a brand new b2k4 w/ pds for $220 now, after you put all the upgrades on your tippmann you are going to spend a lot more then that and it wont be near as nice.
JediJak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JediJak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Konig42 Konig42 wrote:

y are rts not allowed at sum fields, yet ebolts are?     

you can go full auto with an rt and no one can stop it from doing so. with an ebolt you can check to make sure its not on full auto. also some people say that it makes ur velocity fluxuate so much that it can make it dangerous.
Tippmann Chameleon M98

Upgrades:

14in. Teardrop Barrel
GTA Expansion Chamber
20oz. Co2
Pollished Internals
Tape Mod
Spring Mod

Pic:
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tippy3qe.jpg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNkeY Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 11:06pm
 Thats BS, i have never had a problem with my RT. The velocity decreases about 15-20 fps a high rates of fire. Thats not dangerous its well under 280 fps.
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2005 at 2:07am

Why are R/Ts not allowed at some fields, yet E-Bolts are? 

R/Ts are full auto triggers only. The E-Bolt is selectable and cannot be changed during a game. The choices are semi-auto, full auto, 3 shot burst, 6 shot burst and Turbo. You have to open the grips and set the mode with a probe by moving dip switches. There are no external buttons to easily changed. Thus it stays legal, no auto modes, during play.

Konig42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konig42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2005 at 2:09am
yea, while a gun like an ion may not be full auto, they can shoot much faster then my rt on my gun when it does it full auto thing.  and also, i dont think an rt actually goes full auto.. for full auto, technically, your finger would have to be constantly depressing the trigger, but the rt pushes ur trigger back so that u have to pull it again. so the rt does in my opiion only semi, but really fast at times, but i still think that electro guns that i see at fields can shoot way faster then my rt shooting as fast as it can.
Early bird gets the worm, second mouse gets the cheese!
pen spring trig
HaloTSALED
double trigger
Flatln
stock
bkup J&J 14" bbl
str fire b
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2005 at 2:39am

yea, while a gun like an ion may not be full auto, they can shoot much faster then my rt on my gun when it does it full auto thing.  and also, i don't think an rt actually goes full auto.. for full auto, technically, your finger would have to be constantly depressing the trigger, but the rt pushes ur trigger back so that u have to pull it again. so the rt does in my opiion only semi, but really fast at times, but i still think that electro guns that i see at fields can shoot way faster then my rt shooting as fast as it can.

If you are having to physically relieve pressure on the trigger by releasing your finger then you haven't gotten the R/T adjusted correctly. What do you think would be the point of having a gas powered piston push the trigger back to the reset point if you had to release finger pressure on the trigger. If you release finger pressure then there is no reason to have an R/T. The R/T pushes the trigger forward to allow reset of the decoupler so the sear release will engage again. The reset piston is much more powerful than your finger pull. The object of the design is to allow you to hold continuous pressure on the trigger. The trigger gets reset even with finger pressure on the trigger so the gun fires again...without you ever having to lighten up.

Fields that do not allow full auto do not allow the R/T trigger system BECAUSE IT IS FULL AUTO. No parsing of words here, you hold finger pressure on the trigger and it jumps under your finger firing and resetting firing and resetting at 12+ bps. Any other conclusion about its intended function is an exercise in semantics.

There are several real weapons of war bullet firing machine guns that work exactly this way...the trigger is reset by the gas pressure of the burning gun powder.

Edited by Bruce A. Frank
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2005 at 2:41am

Hey, yesterday, I thought I posted a picture of my son's speedball marker here in this subject line. Anybody see it?

Anyway, here is a 98C modified for Speedball with an E-bolt.

Bruce A. Frank & Sonís Markers

Edited by Bruce A. Frank
SAS proud 2 luv View Drop Down
GUESTED FILTER DODGE & F-BOMB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAS proud 2 luv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2005 at 9:45am

get a smaller barrell (lapco bigshot 8.5" excellent barrells)

R-trigger < cheap and can go fast ok upgrade part for your marker

Tippmann A5
Double trigger
Bigshot
Nvader goggle system
Class 3 Laser sight
I SOLD THE REST
Pro_Carbine View Drop Down
Struck out with naughty language 2/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro_Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2005 at 4:25pm
E-bolt, Drop Foward, HPA, Double Trigger, Trigger Mods.
98c
R/T
Eggy w/ Z-Board
Hpa Tank
Double Trigger
Drop Foward
12" Smart Parts Progresive
Team Morelli Company
"autococker with 40 inch hammerhead barrel mounted onto a flatline"-Lester98c LOL
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 2:32am
Originally posted by SAS proud 2 luv SAS proud 2 luv wrote:

get a smaller barrell (lapco bigshot 8.5" excellent barrells)

R-trigger < cheap and can go fast ok upgrade part for your marker

There have been some changes since these pictures were posted, but the barrels are not likely to change in either of our markers. The Hammerhead is a jewel shooting 8" groups at 150 ft. My son's Stone Cold II barrel allows him take up possition on the back line and eliminate 6 out of 7 players on the other team (he did that last time we played) With the right paint, we have found nothing more accurate.

Good looking is one thing, but function is the word. We are both noted for holding the other team in check while staying on the backline...allowing our team to move and take them out. We take a lot of effort to assure accuracy. We have our own field type chronograph ($82 used on Ebay) and a new handheld chronograph that counts bps. We run a lot of paint through our markers to assure that the paint is right (we size our paint) and the markers are consistent. Though we do lay down more paint these days than we used to, but we try to avoid the "spray and pray" methods of most speedball players. Both my son and I make a LOT of one shot kills.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic