Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cracked power tube, what now?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sargent Duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sargent Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cracked power tube, what now?
    Posted: 25 August 2005 at 11:01pm
I decided to do a good cleaning on my 98, and when I took it all apart, discovered that my power tube was cracked. I called Tippmann, but my warranty is out. Such is life. Now I know that stock internals are best, as I've often recommended. However, I've been searching on ebay, and have seen some good deals on new Tippmann power tubes, such as The  Dead On 98 Pro-Seal. (made out of aluminum so it won't crack again). Now here's my question. *If* I can get this power tube at the same price as a replacement power tube, would I be better off getting it? (If it's more I'll stick to the plastic replacement). Or, since I have to buy a new power tube, would I better off saving up and buying and getting an LP powertube/bolt? 
Ref: I want a nice clean game
player: but it's paintball!
Cheetos3254 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Too cheesy for mere words to describe ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2005 at 11:06pm
i would get the dead on pro seal. thats my opinion
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2005 at 11:13pm
If you can get the Dead On one for a good price then get that.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 12:26am
One of our techs have crackd three factory Power tubes. He went to an aluminum one and has had no futher problems.
Halo
CDPaintbal.com
One of the oldest running scenario fields in the southeast.
JediJak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JediJak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 10:26am

some say the dead on is better some say the stock is better i dont think there is really much of a difference but if your breaking them i would go with the dead on. I personaly prefer the the stock.

p.s

the way people usualy break them is skrewing them in to tight or putting the linkage arm in wrong 

Tippmann Chameleon M98

Upgrades:

14in. Teardrop Barrel
GTA Expansion Chamber
20oz. Co2
Pollished Internals
Tape Mod
Spring Mod

Pic:
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tippy3qe.jpg
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 1:14pm

Get a new one from Tippmann. Any after market internals have negative if any effects. Dont get the Pro-Seal, Iv heard plenty of problems with them.

Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 4:34pm
Im in the same delima, kinda. I would just bite the bullet and get one from Tippmann. They shouldnt cost too much, just the powertube without the valve.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 4:36pm
What is the point of spending money on a powertube when you can get one from Tippmann for little to no cost? Stock internals are the best. Even if aluminum ones never break, even if you do break your stock power tube three or four times, it is still going to be cheaper.
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 4:45pm
New Tippmann 98 Custom/M98/Custom Pro Powertube- $7.30
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic