Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

setting my new reg

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sargent Duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sargent Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: setting my new reg
    Posted: 23 August 2005 at 8:09pm
This sunday just gone by, I picked up a female Palmers stabilizer, and an HPA tank (woot!). Now, this is my first regulator, and I'm just wondering how to properly set it. Do I adjust the pressure first on the Palmers (800psi or so), and then set the velocity? Or do I have it backwards? How do you go about "sweet spotting" your reg? Any other tips/tricks would be usefull as well.
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 9:30pm
Each full turn (360deg) is 100psi , the regulator comes from palmer set at 500psi. If you do not have a guage , turn the set screw(on the palmer) clock wise one full turn this will be about 600psi and set your velocity adjuster even with the frame then chrono the gun from there using the velocity adjuster to 280-300 fps . you may find you can operate your marker a little lower than 600psi or a little higher. my marker operated at 575psi with a RT.
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 9:32pm
Made a mistake - counter clock-wise increases pressure clock-wise decreases.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic