FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Typo error on 888Paintball catalog?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Typo error on 888Paintball catalog?
    Posted: 23 August 2005 at 7:54pm

They're showing an electronic conversion kit for the 98 for $58.88.

Typo?

I see alot of other price drops too.

Sent from a phone booth
Sargent Duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sargent Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 8:09pm
link? (I'm too lazy to go look it up)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 8:15pm
It's in a catalog that came in the mail today.
Sent from a phone booth
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 8:25pm
I don't know, I don't think it is a typo though.
ultmate98 View Drop Down
Fear the THUMB!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultmate98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 8:32pm
its on the website too. could that thing fit in a custom?
Warning: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning
      Christ Krew
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 8:38pm
Link me and Ill tell you. 
ultmate98 View Drop Down
Fear the THUMB!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultmate98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 8:43pm
Warning: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning
      Christ Krew
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 8:56pm

It look's like the e-bolt w/ palmer for the 98 in the catalog.  I'm not 100 % positive.

The housing that goes behind the bolt where that back cap goes looks different at the web site.

Edited by Lightningbolt
Sent from a phone booth
south park View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote south park Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 8:57pm
i think that is a mistake i dont think they can fit on their i thinik is was a typo. send me a message and i will tell you.
FyreFly View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FyreFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:29am
It looks like an aftermarket E-Bolt. I don't see why it wouldn't fit in a 98
Custom, its not a sear tripper like in the new Custom Pro.

System X NME LE
WGP Orracle Cocker
Tippmann A-5 E-Grip & LPK
Tippmann 98C Flatline & LPK
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 8:41am
Well that blows. I spent about the same turning my 98 electronic and it took a hell of lot more work. Ugh.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 9:34am
Damn you Lightningbolt.

I'm now $66 poorer. (Cost of upgrade, plus shipping)

I had never expressed interest in this item, but at $59? It's hard to pass up. It was hard to just get one!

Now I'm also wishing I hadn't sold all of my Stabilizers.   
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 11:51am

Originally posted by ultmate98 ultmate98 wrote:

its on the website too. could that thing fit in a custom?

The price is correct, I just bought one. Absolutely too good to pass up! This has got to be NIB but old stock. I have two of the ones for the 98C Tippmann sold just before they dropped it. I also have one manufactured by Psycho Ballistics intended to fit the 98. This one at 888Paintball is a version very similar to the Psycho Ballistics, the electronic card and valve stack appear the same. The ram looks slightly different. As such will require the Dremel work to get it to fit the 98C. BUT, it was posted in another thread that Tippmann says that they will install these M98 E-Bolts in the 98C if you supply the complete kit to them.

I have bought a couple of spare kits now strictly because Tippmann discontinued sale of theirs. Since it makes such a dramatic difference in the markers I cannot imagine ever going back to the mechanical 98C, so I want spare parts even if they require some adaptation.

I have been using my 98C now, with the E-Bolt, for about 3-4 months. Just two weeks ago I finally switched over to HPA. The 98C looks funky and draws a lot of attention and questions and a few sneers (what do you need a Halo on a Tippmann for?) until I demonstrate with a little trigger walking. Just bought a handheld chrono that does balls-per-second. With some final trigger work yesterday I just hit 14 bps. Life is sweet! Speedball with an electro-pneumatic Tippmann is the cherry on top.

Edited by Bruce A. Frank
pooperscooper View Drop Down
I’m not sure where to post this...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 5:02pm
Its real I got the same catalog and I called them and the dude said that its made by tippmann and is like ebolt v2.0 but I don't think he knew what he was talkin about there.

But he said that thats the real price because its a blowout catalog.
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down untill he gets the information he wants.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 5:38pm
Ok I just ordered one of these. Does anyone know how to change the firing modes on this? The guy from 888 said you can't but I don't really trust those people that much.

Bruce-What do you have to do to it to fit it into the 98c?

(sorry about the double post but I also wanted to bump the topic)
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down untill he gets the information he wants.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 6:42pm

Originally posted by pooperscooper pooperscooper wrote:

Its real I got the same catalog and I called them and the dude said that its made by tippmann and is like ebolt v2.0 but I don't think he knew what he was talkin about there.

But he said that thats the real price because its a blowout catalog.

The unit that Tippmann originally sold was the Psycho Ballistics unit.

JediJak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JediJak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 8:52pm
is this worth it? any one know what it is?
Tippmann Chameleon M98

Upgrades:

14in. Teardrop Barrel
GTA Expansion Chamber
20oz. Co2
Pollished Internals
Tape Mod
Spring Mod

Pic:
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tippy3qe.jpg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 8:56pm
^^I just ordered 3 of them so I'll be getting back to you on if its worth it.

Do we know what it is? Its an ebolt for the m98...

Also- The guy from 888 said that this unit is only semi-auto. I thought the E-bolt had burst, full auto, and all that... Does anyone know if this is true?

Edited by pooperscooper
JediJak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JediJak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 9:28pm

Also- The guy from 888 said that this unit is only semi-auto. I thought the E-bolt had burst, full auto, and all that... Does anyone know if this is true?

are we sure its an ebolt?

it has the switches on it (u can see on the picture) so the guy may not have know what he was talking about or i coud be wrong
Tippmann Chameleon M98

Upgrades:

14in. Teardrop Barrel
GTA Expansion Chamber
20oz. Co2
Pollished Internals
Tape Mod
Spring Mod

Pic:
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tippy3qe.jpg
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 9:29pm

No one seems to be reading all the posts about this and I can't find two posts I made to this thread earlier today.

First: This unit is for the M98 and some Dremel work is required to make it fit the 98C...if you send the complete kit to Tippmann they said that they can and will install it in the 98C.

Second:The unit in the picture at 888Paintball is either the BSI or Psycho Ballistics unit designed for the M98. As I understand it BOTH were sold under the Tippmann label at one time.

Third: The person to whom you spoke did not know his facts. Look at the picture. There is a set of dip switches in the lower tight corner of the circuit board. These are set in different configurations to select firing modes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic