Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forming 3 man teams.........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TippmannPro13 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannPro13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forming 3 man teams.........
    Posted: 08 August 2005 at 10:12am
Okay me and some of my friends are forming 3 man teams to play on my speedball course I recently built. The course is actually very nice. We are gonna have all of my friends form 3 man teams and people from near by cities do they same. And we are gonna have a website to keep stats, and eventually have like a mini tournament. Could you guys give me any tips on how to organize it, run it, set it up etc...any tips would help!!! thanks. P.S.  I'M NOT OPENING A FIELD!!!!!!!!

Edited by TippmannPro13

-mit- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -mit- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 10:19am

where is this?

maybe i could be apart of it

Team Infinity
^Pirate^ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^Pirate^ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 10:26am
Originally posted by -mit- -mit- wrote:

where is this?

maybe i could be apart of it

Umm, have each team make a roster, and your team will need to be willing to ref, so then just hav them sign up, and the keep track of how they do and so on from there.

It aint about black or white
becuz we human
I hope we see the light before it's ruined
My ghetto gospel
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 11:20am
Your going to need to have a nice prize for the winner and 2nd and 3rd. Make it nice so more people will compete.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannPro13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 12:16pm
what do you think the prizes should be? not too much money now..........

rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 12:35pm
A case of paint, maybe a jersey and pants or something like that.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannPro13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 12:42pm
Should i have an entry fee per team so all of the money will go for the prizes?

butzmcweenie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butzmcweenie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 1:36pm
mabey, you need to have refs & prizesfor 1, 2, &3 place(errr broken record errr)
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^|||__
|-----Tippmann----|||| '|";\,___.
|_..._...______===|=||_|__|...,]
"(@)'(@)"""" |(@)(@) ````'(@)
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 1:40pm
Yes, you are going to need an entry fee if you are giving out prizes. Either that or you can make it free but it would be plain stupid to buy the prizes yourself.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 4:25pm
Yeah, make an entry fee but not too much. Then take about half and spend that on the prizes (More on the first place one etc). You should make the players sign wavers so if they get hurt on your property they can'y sue you.
   MacDev Militia
G36 Monkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G36 Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 4:30pm

sounds cool, im sayin maybe $10 a team depending on how many teams would be going you would need more money or less per.  You might also want to have like gatorade or somethin there along with the prizes so the plazyers can drink.  Just my 2 cents worth

Tippmann A-5
Psycho Ballistics Double Trigger
A-5 E-Grip (tweaked and resoldered)
Lapco Bigshot 12 inch Barrel
Remote (Brand unknown)
Soon to come:
G36c Scenario kit
Nitrogen
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 4:39pm
I suggest making your flyers and website in a word processor and using the spellcheck/grammercheck feature before printing out the flyers and hosting the website. People might take you more serious if you did.

cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 4:47pm
how are people going to get air?

Advertize. Flyers, websites, newspaper ads. What ever you feel like.

The best prize, is money. Charge a small enterance fee(50 per team) and give 50% of the profit to 1st, 30% to 2nd, and 20% to 3rd.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannPro13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 6:33pm
ok thanks for the tips. wouldn't $50 per team be too much? i was thinking maybe $30 per team ( 10 per person ). hades your sigs keep gettin better and better......

Cormier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cormier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 7:57pm
i say if ya wanna make some money charge like 25 to 30$ a person if ya wanna make some real cash so u can make it better
ya ever noticed in a beer commercial no one ever drinks a beer?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannPro13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 8:30pm
Anyone else????

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 9:35pm
Read the NPPL guidelines, should be on their site
www.nppl.tv

check the rules in the top right portion of the main page

Edited by Linus

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2005 at 11:29am
Your tourneys not going to be this big but this article might help http://warpig.com/paintball/articles/news/060602tourney.shtm l .
   MacDev Militia
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2005 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by TippmannPro13 TippmannPro13 wrote:

Should i have an entry fee per team so all of the money will go for the prizes?

yes you should
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannPro13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2005 at 4:54pm
I was thinking about using the some of the money from the fees to buy a chrono.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic