Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Breaking in

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Fat Stalin View Drop Down
Strike 1 Derogatory Sexual Slur 9/22

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fat Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breaking in
    Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:32pm
If at this very moment, two armed robbers entered your house what would you do. Be specific depending on where you are right now and where stuff is located.

Example: Two armed roobers enter through a window in my house. The alarm would sound and I would immediately lock my door and yell for my mom to get the gun. I would then proceed to call the cops and stay locked away in my room until they arrived. If they came upstairs I would grab my taser and await near the entrance if they tried to enter.

What would you do this very instant if you two armed robbers entered your house? Are you the daring type who would get your gun and go for a shot, or hide and call the cops?

By the way, I just watched Hostage and it inspired me to make this thread.
Telemachus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Telemachus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:35pm

1. Lock door. 2. Call 911.

Police are better trained for this situation.

"Sing in me O Muse... "
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:36pm
Right now im in bed. I live alone. I keep a pistol in my room. Ide grab the pistol, call the police. Shoot the rober person. Then unload the pistol and set it where i shot the burgler and wait outside for the police to arive.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fat Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:37pm
There's two of them and they both are armed. 
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:37pm
I doubt anyone could say exactly what they really would do. So, I'm not going to even try

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Mephistopheles View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
DELETED!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mephistopheles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:38pm
Sad thing is, if you harm that individual these days they can and will sue you for the damages. Oh and they'll win.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:38pm
I would shoot them. I know my place better than they do, the way the rooms are set up, it wouldnt be difficult to light one up with 2 shots and move to a different room.
holysmartone View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike- language in posted image 6/9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holysmartone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:38pm
Youd let your mom do the fighting for you?
Im in my room. Id run and lock the door, then stand my couch up in front of it. Call the police on my cell phone. Id evacuate to my roof if the started getting in, I can climb right onto it from my window. In my house, everyone for themselves.
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:38pm
I have a rifle case in my closet which holds my 30-30.  I would break that out (I am right across the room on my computer) and load it, sit in the hall way leaning out from behind the wall watching for them.  Take a shot if I got one, then call police.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:39pm

in my room.  My paintball gear is always sitting right by me so i'd call 911 using my phone.  Put the co2 in my gun as quietly as i could, turn the lights off, and sit in the hall after putting marbles in my hopper.  All of my valubles are in my living room which is close to my room.  First guy i see gets marbles to the chest.  Now that may sound odd, but i bought ones as close to paintball size as possible so while ruining my gun, it would ruin the burgular's day.  Plus my dog is trained to attack so im sure she might help too.  Most burgulars go in unarmed so im sure i'd have the upper hand.  I Also sleep with a baseball bat next to me n my dog.  I'm extremely paranoid when it comes to break ins.

edit* i didnt see you say they were both armed.  In that case i'd still do this.  And believe it or not, ive practiced my break in stuff just in case

Edited by Predatorr
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

I doubt anyone could say exactly what they really would do. So, I'm not going to even try

Something similar happened to me, i know exactly what i would do.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fat Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by holysmartone holysmartone wrote:

Youd let your mom do the fighting for you?
Im in my room. Id run and lock the door, then stand my couch up in front of it. Call the police on my cell phone. Id evacuate to my roof if the started getting in, I can climb right onto it from my window. In my house, everyone for themselves.

My mom has the gun. I wouldn't make the dash down the hallway to her room and she has gone to shooting range several times. She let me shoot the gun once out in Palm Springs.

To the suing guy, they can't sue you if they are armed. If they are an immediate threat to you, you may fight back. In california though, if a robber grabs your tv, you can't touch him. Unless he armed. I'm pretty sure of this.

Edited by Fat Stalin
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:42pm
Scream like a little girl.
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:42pm
While it is amazingly unlikely that someone will break in while you're home, I'd call 911 from my cell phone, get my most dangerous knife, lock my door, and wait with my knife in one hand, and my stock RTPro rail in the other and try not to crap myself.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fat Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Hairball!!! Hairball!!! wrote:

While it is amazingly unlikely that someone will break in while you're home, I'd call 911 from my cell phone, get my most dangerous knife, lock my door, and wait with my knife in one hand, and my stock RTPro rail in the other and try not to crap myself.

Something on the Discovery Channel was about people breaking in. One of the most common break in times is at dinner time when the whole family is in one part of the house.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:47pm
Say "Holy *curse of some sort*" and do what they say probably. They're armed, what do you expect?
Telemachus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Telemachus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:48pm

Well first I would grab my loaded AK47, then I would bust out of my room, then I would lay a pattern of automatic fire down in an arch shape. Then I would locate one, shoot them, do a combat commando roll out of the second ones fire, then return fire and shoot him 12 times in the face.

Yeah, I am a badass.

"Sing in me O Muse... "
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Something similar happened to me, i know exactly what i would do.
If something similar happend why do you only know what you would do, why didn't you do it?

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:51pm
probably because the first time something happens you freak out?
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:52pm
I would probaby just chuck my empty CO2 tanks at them after calling the police. Im pretty sure that would hurt. Then if they got back up I would have to defend myself. I doubt it would be to hard with their headaches.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic