Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Breaking in

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:52pm

If I were upstairs in bed- Wake up my dad, call the cops grab my 410 conveiniantly located on my wall, and be ready to use the stock, and hide against my hallway. Firing at them would be my last resort, but a warning shot may be necessary.

If downstairs in the family room- See if they get past my dog... call the cops while hes attacking them and barking like hell notifying the neiboors and my dad, grab the original German shovel, or fire poker from the mantle, help my dog out.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

in my room. My paintball gear is always sitting right by me so i'd call 911 using my phone. Put the co2 in my gun as quietly as i could, turn the lights off, and sit in the hall after putting marbles in my hopper. All of my valubles are in my living room which is close to my room. First guy i see gets marbles to the chest. Now that may sound odd, but i bought ones as close to paintball size as possible so while ruining my gun, it would ruin the burgular's day. Plus my dog is trained to attack so im sure she might help too. Most burgulars go in unarmed so im sure i'd have the upper hand. I Also sleep with a baseball bat next to me n my dog. I'm extremely paranoid when it comes to break ins.

edit* i didnt see you say they were both armed. In that case i'd still do this. And believe it or not, ive practiced my break in stuff just in case

Have you shot marbles with your gun before? You're lucky if you'd bruise him. They're just too heavy to have any distance/ speed to them. If you wanted to do some damage with your gun, just aim for his face and shoot as much as you can. I ball or two, shattered shells, vile paint, etc in the eyes and mouth, etc would disorient you like no tommorow.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:58pm
Nah but my friend shot marbles while i was there.  I dont think id due it unless i was in dire need.  But after what you said i'd probably just shoot a ton of paint at them
xteam View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xteam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:58pm
might take an eye out too
fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:58pm
If I was upstairs, I'd convieniently grab the phone, and climb into my attic, turn the light off, and hide in a section which is hidden from the rest of the attic. If I was downstairs I'd probably try to book and get the heck out, but hiding behind a couch would work, first I'd get a sharp knife, it's better than nothing. I could easily hide in my basement as well, or crawl inside the piano and close the lid!

Benny go home!
lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 10:12pm
my room has windows that lead onto my roof so id grab my cell climb out hop on my deck run to my niebors while calling on the way.id lock my door and put my dog in the closet so she has some chance(shes a very mellow lazy golden reatriever who doesnt bark at anyone who walks through my door)
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 10:14pm
I would put on my Jihad vest and grab my detinator while running directly at the robber. I then would bear hug the guy, while screaming to Allah, and detonate the vest.

fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 10:18pm
lol Hades!

Benny go home!
NotDaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotDaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

I would put on my Jihad vest and grab my detinator while running directly at the robber. I then would bear hug the guy, while screaming to Allah, and detonate the vest.

Make sure to pack it with nails!

I don't know where you heard that most robberies are at dinner. I highly doubt that since it has the potential to turn into a hostage situation and more things could go wrong.

If I saw the robbers I'd call 911 and if they confront me just put the phone down and leave the line open, in which case the police would come. Then I'd just take a mental picture and let them take whatever they want. No sense in risking your life to defend stuff you bought with someone else' money
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 10:29pm
Oh! I forgot to mention the non-violent solution. I would get on my internal loud speaker and inform the robber that all of my valuables have been urinated upon to mark that property as mine and that some of the things of value are still wet.

Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 10:29pm
I wouldn't know they were in my house untill they kick in my room's door and hold me hostage. If I did manage to hear them I would run to the only upstairs phone hide in a closet and call 911.

Edited by Hitman
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 11:02pm
Hmm ...

Depends on the situation as in, the point of entry, what "armed" really means, and which family members are in the house at the time.

I'd probably do something along the lines of:

1. Lock door / gather rest of family in one room behind locked door if it were possible.
2. Dial 911
3. Escape through a window and go to neighbors house / wait for police.

<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 11:08pm
I would invite them over for tea.

saepe fidelis
soonerdude05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soonerdude05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 11:13pm
My computer sits right by my front door so if robbers came in through there I'd be screwed. If not then I would run to my room, close the door, and grab my favorite sword along with a couple of knives that i could throw. Then call 911 and run through the back door. Or I would grab my paintball gun and load it and put in the co2 tank.
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 11:20pm

Grab a fireplace poker, run and wake my parents up, my dad will get a rifle, let him call the Police. Wait. That's IF they get by our five dogs and the bell we have at our gate.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 12:32am
Well, smitty is over right now and he's on the varsity football team.. so it changes alot.

We're in the basement, so I'd grab my pool cues and maybe a couple of pool balls and go after the robbers

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 12:37am
I got a great one!

Pick something valuable up and be like "hey, you're robbing this joint too? Help me with this tv!" Then rob my own house with them, waiting for a chance to spin kick him in the mouth when he lowers his guard.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Well, smitty is over right now and he's on the varsity football team.. so it changes alot.

We're in the basement, so I'd grab my pool cues and maybe a couple of pool balls and go after the robbers

So your playing with Que Balls and Pool Sticks in the Basement? Shouldnt your parents be supervising you two?

Edited by Hades

Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 12:46am

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

I got a great one!

Pick something valuable up and be like "hey, you're robbing this joint too? Help me with this tv!" Then rob my own house with them, waiting for a chance to spin kick him in the mouth when he lowers his guard.

Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Oh! I forgot to mention the non-violent solution. I would get on my internal loud speaker and inform the robber that all of my valuables have been urinated upon to mark that property as mine and that some of the things of value are still wet.

Something tells me that wouldn't just be a bluff, either.

Quite a few things in my house that a burglar could take off with, too. Computers, PS2's, TV's, VCR's, DVD player, quite a few other things that would probably amount to several thousand dollars.

In any case, if it looked like I could fight back, I probably would, but I'd try to use non-lethal force; just enough to restrain them until police arrived, otherwise, I'd get to the safest room and call 911, even though around here, we have a fairly slow response time.

Edited by Homer J
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic