Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The new Dukes of Hazzard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 3:36pm
Daisy duke wasn't walking around in underwear and only a bra in the old shows, nor was she tring to seduce the police, the police were never really disregarded in the old show. There were only two cops, and both were screwballs, and they were always chasing the dukes for made up reasons anyway. Except in the early shows. But the Dukes weren't blowing up cop cars in the old one like they are now. There is a huge difference between the amount, and type of violence in the two shows.

Edited by fractus.scud

Benny go home!
agentwhale007. View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 3:39pm

Originally posted by fractus.scud fractus.scud wrote:

Daisy duke wasn't walking around in underwear and only a bra in the old shows, nor was she tring to seduce the police, the police were never really disregarded in the old show. There were only two cops, and both were screwballs, and they were always chasing the dukes for made up reasons anyway. Except in the early shows. But the Dukes weren't blowing up cop cars in the old one like they are now. There is a huge difference between the amount, and type of violence in the two shows.

I am really failing to see your point.

Hey, nice marmot!
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 3:41pm
They made the movie into a hollywood rendition. It "lost the spirit" of the show. I dont care AT ALL. It looks like a horrible movie anyway..
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 4:11pm

I seriously wish i was that cop.

Edited by MetallicaESPa5

Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 4:14pm
fractus, don't you need to go to confessional or something?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 4:17pm

Daisy duke wasn't walking around in underwear and only a bra in the old shows, nor was she tring to seduce the police, the police were never really disregarded in the old show.

If Jessica Simpson is walking around in the movie with underwear on, you shouldn't be complaining.

Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 4:19pm

Originally posted by MetallicaESPa5 MetallicaESPa5 wrote:

Daisy duke wasn't walking around in underwear and only a bra in the old shows, nor was she tring to seduce the police, the police were never really disregarded in the old show.

If Jessica Simpson is walking around in the movie with underwear on, you shouldn't be complaining.

i think this guy is older than us.  And actually it was a bikini bro, not underwear.  I'd like to see that too though...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

Originally posted by MetallicaESPa5 MetallicaESPa5 wrote:

i think this guy is older than us.  And actually it was a bikini bro, not underwear.  I'd like to see that too though...

Look at the picture i posted. That's prolly what it is.

Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 4:25pm

I see a red x

nevermind.....i wish i was him too

Edited by Predatorr
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 4:27pm
Fixed.

well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 4:39pm
Were you talking about me being older than you? I'm only 16 (probably still older than alot of you though) But I happen to like seeing a show/movie that's good for it's creativness, having believable characters etc. Besides, I'd rather have a real girlfriend who cares about me then jack off watching Jessica Simpson pretend shes a poor redneck from the south.

Benny go home!
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 4:51pm
I dont get it.  Yeah youre a year older than me.  And the movie is just for publicity and stuff like that.  But hold off on the personal attacks there budro.  We never attacked you.  Plus jessica simpson is married (or was).  You dont jerk off to a married woman.  It just aint right.  Further more, the characters are somewhat believable seeing as how knoxville and sean william scott are country boys who grew up watching the show, and willie nelson is a true country guy.  Jessica simpson is a country girl too (or am i thnking of britney spears?) so thats all fine and dandy.  Boss hog in the new one is all skinny but in the old episodes he was kind of chubby and walked funny.  Anyways im still gonna see it.  But there are better movies out there.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 5:01pm
I believe Jessica Simpson is a preacher's daughter from Abilene...
A-5 21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 5:01pm

The movie looks kinda lame to me

Adapt, Improvise, Overcome

Today's Latin Lesson
De Oppresso Liber
Oderint Dum Metuant
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 5:06pm

Were you talking about me being older than you? I'm only 16 (probably still older than alot of you though) But I happen to like seeing a show/movie that's good for it's creativness, having believable characters etc. Besides, I'd rather have a real girlfriend who cares about me then jack off watching Jessica Simpson pretend shes a poor redneck from the south.

Honestly, don't go into Dukes expecting creativity... it's about hot chicks and fast cars.
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 5:09pm

Originally posted by Hitman Hitman wrote:

Honestly, don't go into Dukes expecting creativity... it's about hot chicks and fast cars.

that hit the nail on the head

well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 5:32pm
Youv'e obviously never watched the old series then. Pretty much the only girl on the show was Daisy. Sometimes you'd get a visitor but the old show wasen't all about fast cars and hot chicks. The only good car ever on was the Charger and some old suped up police cars.

Benny go home!
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 5:34pm
I always thought the show was cheezy and lame.

Mephistopheles View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
DELETED!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mephistopheles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 7:44pm
Wow, somebody **edited**ing that Hollywood made a "bad" movie, a movie without character development.... from a TV series which only really good characters was a girl in ass-showing shorts and a damn car. The car had a bigger fan base than Bo or Luke! So we aren't talking about the classic works of Shakespere here people, get off your high horse.

Just like the condesending 'tards "The book was SOOOO much better than the film" people, like Lord Of The Rings fans. Yeah, I read all 3 books too. Guess what I liked about the movies? NO READING!

The show focus was about drinking, Daisy's ass and leggs, a really fast car, and outdriving cops. Talk about riveting family entertainment that should be held in such high regard!

Oh, and to further prove the point. People always cry "Jess makes a horrible Southern girl" thinking they made a good arguement on why the film will be bad. She's from Texas, only more south you can get is from Alabama. Get over it, you lost this round.

I'm going to see this movie. Why? Hot girls, fast cars, big booms, Willie Nelson, and more hot girls. And if the "character development" sucks.... I am really not going to care. Because this is not american literature at it's finest, so there's no need to be crying about that crap!
blix666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blix666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 8:07pm
.....yeah 

i think that it looks very entertaining.  i'm well-accustomed to the tv show and i found that entertaining also...when i was 10.  because it had cool car chases, stupid humor, and ofcourse a pretty and scantily-clad girl in it...very much resembling what the movie appears to have.

Edited by blix666
A5-Egrip-Smart Parts A.A.-JCS Duel-Shocktech Drop-DOP RVA-CP Shorty Reg-Ricochet R5-Polished Internals-Dye Throttle 71/4500 "I like rice, rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic