Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my stupid 98 broke again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ares View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ares Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my stupid 98 broke again
    Posted: 04 August 2005 at 1:22pm
my power tube broke and I want to know what you guys think is the best solution. I am looking for a finacial efficent way to fix it.
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 4:37pm
well, this is the obvious way, got to www.paintball-discounters.com.  They have a billit powertube that improves your air effeciency and the cycle rate.  The kit also come with a front bolt, and it will only run you about $50 i think.
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 5:13pm
How the crap do you break the powertube?
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Yomillio Yomillio wrote:

well, this is the obvious way, got to www.paintball-discounters.com.  They have a billit powertube that improves your air effeciency and the cycle rate.  The kit also come with a front bolt, and it will only run you about $50 i think.

You might as well just take your $50 and set it on fire. Thats a complete waste of money.

Just call tippmann, 9 times out of 10 theyll just send you one for free.
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 8:30pm
Thank you Enos! Yeah, dont buy it, all BS and more. Order a new one from Tippmann.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 5:42am
yeah don't take advice from the guy that wants to chrono his gun without a chronograph.
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 8:58am

Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

yeah don't take advice from the guy that wants to chrono his gun without a chronograph.

Dont worry, it wont hurt that bad.

TuF^yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TuF^yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 8:08pm
if you wanna spend 50 bucks to get a power tube get an rt kit on ebay for 60 bucks thats what i did and it works fine
Peace through superior firepower!
ares View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ares Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 4:10pm
i got the tube free from tippmann, but I can't install it. the valve won't come off.

Edited by ares
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 6:04pm
Come off of what?
duffer1497 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer1497 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 12:20am
call tippmann
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 2:49am
to get the power tube get a cheap bic pen after you unscrew it and take it out of the gun push it through the front of the tube and the valve should come out the back
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 2:58am
Originally posted by Yomillio Yomillio wrote:

Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

Dont worry, it wont hurt that bad.

Accually using a little geometry, you CAN chrono without a chronograph, all you need is a long tape measure, a stop watch and some knowlege of math. I did it as a math extra credit projest, and got the velocity down to +/- 7 of what the radar chrono said... Pretty cool huh?

Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Actually using a little geometry, you CAN chrono without a chronograph, all you need is a long tape measure, a stop watch and some knowledge of math. I did it as a math extra credit project, and got the velocity down to 7 of what the radar chrono said... Pretty cool huh?

OK, it would be easy to find terminal velocity with a tape measure and a stop watch, but where did you find the drag coefficient of a .68" diameter round ball allowing you to extrapolate muzzle velocity?

Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 1:56pm

Originally posted by ares ares wrote:

i got the tube free from tippmann, but I can't install it. the valve won't come off.

Ares,

You have been a member of Tippmann Forums since 2003 and you have not absorbed the essential knowledge of pushing the valve out of the power tube? On top of that, what the heck are you doing to the marker that is breaking the power tube?

Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Bruce A. Frank Bruce A. Frank wrote:

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Actually using a little geometry, you CAN chrono without a chronograph, all you need is a long tape measure, a stop watch and some knowledge of math. I did it as a math extra credit project, and got the velocity down to 7 of what the radar chrono said... Pretty cool huh?

OK, it would be easy to find terminal velocity with a tape measure and a stop watch, but where did you find the drag coefficient of a .68" diameter round ball allowing you to extrapolate muzzle velocity?

Maybe thats why its +/- 7 fps?
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 4:43pm

erm...sounds like you're screwed and i suggest that you should just get a new gun.

tip of the day - DON'T BREAK ANYTHING THEN YOU DON'T HAVE TO FIX IT. DUR! it just saves time.

IONKID View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IONKID Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 11:25pm
you guys make me smile... Your good at talking.
ares View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ares Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2005 at 2:34pm

Ares,

You have been a member of Tippmann Forums since 2003 and you have not absorbed the essential knowledge of pushing the valve out of the power tube? On top of that, what the heck are you doing to the marker that is breaking the power tube?

[/QUOTE] I pulled it out(not pushed) with needle nose plyers. I was just worried that forcing it out would damage the valve. It all worked out. I am not sure. The little knob on it came off. Probably I put the gun together wrong.(The gun always gives me problems, and when I take it apart it takes forever to put it back, stupid sight spring) My advice call tippmann they will provide advice, not say stupid stuff.
commie_killer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commie_killer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2005 at 10:28pm
who gives a crap about the drag coefficient....your timing the ball from one point to another....drag coefficient has nothing to do with it....the +/- 7 seconds comes from improperly starting and stopping the stop watch...granted it's not gonna be as accurate as a chrony because the reading of the ball is stretched out over more time, thus allowing the ball to slow down some.

It really annoys me when someone makes a post and somebody else makes a comment like they are so much smarter....get a life

Edited by commie_killer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic