FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What ever happened to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
reclusivetorrid View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Look at me, I came out of my hole!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What ever happened to?
    Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:27pm
The old days...

You know.

Ya can't turn on a comedian anymore without hearing 2 hours of stupid sex jokes with about 15 minutes of funny stuff mixed in.

People didn't over use the "quote" funcion.
(This is really starting to annoy me.)
If you want to qoute someone make sure that you have something to say after you quote them...

You had fun things like knome wars, and poetry battles.
Rap music was poetic, and not about how many people you wacked, or how many "ho's" you had...(that was a long time ago). If you want to listen to good rap, it has to be underground / Christian.

People didn't actually try to dodge the filter...can't you people talk without saying something vulgar or inapropriate.

I know that there are those here that do not like me at all, because of my political views and my religiouse beliefs, and you people don't have to read my posts if you don't want to.

HOWEVER, This place has turned into a pit of mire. Aren't there any still left to save this place?
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:29pm
what are your political views and religious beliefes? and about the comedy stuff......im with you 100% on that

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:33pm
I'm a Christian and a Conservative...This has put a black label on me...can't see why though.

oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:35pm
Yeah and all black comedians talk about these days is making fun of white people or talking about how "tough" it is being black.
Savior_six View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Air Force - Woot!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savior_six Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by oreomann33 oreomann33 wrote:

Yeah and all black comedians talk about these days is making fun of white people or talking about how "tough" it is being black.

Exaclty, Blacks make fun of whites, whites want to make fun of blacks but dont want to offened anyone. And then mexicans come out of nowhere and blind side us.

Edited by Savior_six
Team Salem, Kuwait 08
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by oreomann33 oreomann33 wrote:

You see, that doesn't bother me that much. Anyone who has lived in the getto knows how tough it is. Regaurdless of your skin color.

The fact that they poke fun at white people only bothers me because, if a white person were to poke fun at black people you'd hear about that "horrid" act for years.
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:46pm
How many black comedians came from the ghetto?

Dave Chapelle was born in Washington D.C
D.L Huegly was born in South Carolina.

I cant think of any others right now...
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:47pm
It is said that what is called "the spirit of an age" is something to which one cannot return. That this spirit gradually dissipates is due to the world's coming to an end. In the same way, a single year does not have just spring or summer. A single day, too, is the same. For this reason, although one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. -Hagakure

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:47pm
Good point.

Reif...I would take the best of this generation. If I could find ANYTHING good. It's been really hard.

Edited by reclusivetorrid
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:48pm
Oh my. This thread is full of hate.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:50pm
Towards whom? I don't hate you.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by reclusivetorrid reclusivetorrid wrote:

The black community... You're just sterotyping them. Do you want everyone to think that you are all typical white people and cannot dance?

Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:52pm

Good point.

Reif...I would take the best of this generation. If I could find ANYTHING good. It's been really hard.

Mountain Dew?

Coolatas!

Surge!

Edited by Frozen Balls

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:52pm

I'm a Christian and a Conservative...This has put a black label on me...can't see why though.
Same.

Ya.. I liked it back in 03.... 03 was the best year of the forum since I've joined. Don't know about old blue though...

reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:53pm
It just needs some work is all. It is harder for anybody old enough to remember different ways to accept the way things are now, especially with how quickly things change. And we can't 'take' the best of the generation unless we 'make' the best of this generation. We're not so far removed from it that our influence is lost. We can influence our young relatives and friends, and young society itself by our actions.

It would be a profound movement that could be seen from our individual perspectives. We're the butterflies trying to raise storms in faroff places with the beat of our wings. We only lose our influence if we give up, and by giving up we actually hurt instead of help. There isn't much middle ground.

Edited by reifidom

agentwhale007. View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:55pm

Well who in the hell let you out of your hole?

Where is Rockslide, isnt he supposed to keep you in there?

Hey, nice marmot!
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:55pm
Now that the mods don't care much anymore, reclusive runs amok away form his hole. I'm glad we have him back...

blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:59pm

sweet, im also a christian and conservative.....

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

The black community... You're just sterotyping them. Do you want
everyone to think that you are all typical white people and cannot
dance?

HOW?! I never said anything about how "black people" behave... We did comment on some of the black comedians. This could, I suppose, be interpreted as a "stereotype".

Black people are just like anyone else, there are good ones and bad ones...of course if you want to label me somemore, you have the right.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007. agentwhale007. wrote:

Well who in the hell let you out of your hole?

Where is Rockslide, isnt he supposed to keep you in there?

I broke out...rock is not my keeper anyhow.

Daddy Carrr is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic