25 [19.69%]
102 [80.31%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 10:50pm
Hondas are decent car. They are over-engineered and very reliable. Ive never had a problem with on.
Grent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 10:52pm
im jk hondas r ok i geuss.. id jus never buy one.. onyl one i liek is thr s200... very nice car but for that much cash id rather another car
i lost my strike.. good things do happen to bad people
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 10:55pm
Its an S2000.. And all hondas are nice cars. They last for a long time when cared for.
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 11:16pm
If you know how/its necessary, manuals are pretty nice.  Ecspecially now that most cars have computers telling them when to shift.   A manual, you decide.  If a single wire goes out of place, your check engine light comes on, and your car begins to shift horribly.  This then tears up your transmission.  Then you get the privelage of paying the mechanic a couple grand.

I dont like foreign cars.

saepe fidelis
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 11:19pm
Hondas are great cars, you can put around 300k miles on them.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Grent Grent wrote:

well i dont kno anyone who replaced tranny after onyl 4 years manual or non

Mine hasnt been replaced or looked at in 32 years. Works just fine, but the clutch slips alittle when I do alot of shifting.

And I had a Honda, and I will never have one again. Too hard to work on unless you have little asian hands.

Edited by Monk
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Telemachus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Telemachus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 11:22pm

im jk hondas r ok i geuss.. id jus never buy one.. onyl one i liek is thr s200... very nice car but for that much cash id rather another car

I don't think I am going to take car advice from somebody using your grammar and spelling skills.

"Sing in me O Muse... "
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

well i dont kno anyone who replaced tranny after onyl 4 years manual or non

Mine hasnt been replaced or looked at in 32 years. Works just fine, but the clutch slips alittle when I alot of shifting.

Yeah my 88 bronco, i had the origional tranny stuff, then i got stick a lot of mud, and it ate itself. It was caked with mud.
Impulse. View Drop Down
Banned for linkage to Doll Pron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impulse. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 2:01am

It's not the transmission itself on manuals that you have to replace. It's usually the clutch. This is from people not knowing how to shift propertly. When a automatic goes out they usually go out big. Also they are more complicated to work on, so when they need repairs they tend to be costly.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 2:29am
Yup, the clutch on my bronco needed to be fixed, it wasnt a big deal, the last automatic car i had, the engine threw a cam because of the tranny, never again. Automatics=
A-5 21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 3:58am
Well since i jeep with my family i pic manuel because when you have a stick you generally will have lower gears which means you can go much slower on the trails and you can just crawl up the rocks also stick is much easier to repair
Adapt, Improvise, Overcome

Today's Latin Lesson
De Oppresso Liber
Oderint Dum Metuant
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 4:02am
Eh... Not so fast, i dont like stick sometimes while off roading. In mud, you can just go, if you are really in there it will just stall your engine out. I like automatic for muddin and crawlin usualy.
A-5 21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 4:07am

i dont do mudding and i see no point in it but if ur going down hill with low gears the stick is the way to go but if ur going up hill especially if it is really steep automatic is the way

Today's Latin Lesson
De Oppresso Liber
Oderint Dum Metuant
A-5 21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 4:07am

Do any of u guys go jeeping and know alot about it just wondering

Today's Latin Lesson
De Oppresso Liber
Oderint Dum Metuant
Impulse. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impulse. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 4:09am
The only problem with going up hill with manual is starting.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 4:09am
Not "jeeping" but i take my 88 bronco II off road a lot. And i know what you are talkin about.
A-5 21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 4:14am
sweet i got to go to bed i will continue tomorrow

Today's Latin Lesson
De Oppresso Liber
Oderint Dum Metuant
the_blade View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<esser is more

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 7:33am

[/QUOTE]

Why do that to a Neon, the cars are worth like 5 dollars.
[/QUOTE]

Wow should I just beat you know or later for your ignorant post.

sohc 95 dodge base model neon
2.4 dodge stratus engine
port and polished head 3 way valve cut
eagle h rods
14'crane cam
titanium springs and valves
aem adjustible cam gear
pacesetter headers
flow master piping and a dohc muffler
lightened and balanced crankshaft
the new tranny is a 3:55 coupled too a stage two fidanza clutch and flywheel

95 base neon 3.0 cai, knifedged crankshaft 60 mill throttle body,14 crane cam crane springs/retainers eagle rods port matched/ polished intake p&p head shaved .015 phantom grip diff dohc exuast
Impulse. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impulse. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 7:42am
I feel sorry for you. It's like dumping $ into a m98.
proteus316 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proteus316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Impulse. Impulse. wrote:

It's not the transmission itself on manuals that you have to replace. It's usually the clutch. This is from people not knowing how to shift propertly. When a automatic goes out they usually go out big. Also they are more complicated to work on, so when they need repairs they tend to be costly.

automatics aren't harder to work on...there easier to repair and to pull from vehicles than standards are...i've been working for a transmission rebuilder this summer so i've learned a few things
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic