25 [19.69%]
102 [80.31%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 1:24am
You arive in a new town and the only rental car they have is one that smells like cat vomit, or a mustang thats a stick..
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 1:44am
I refuse to drive anything but a manual. You rob yourself of RPMs with an automatic, but my views are purely racing and car customization. That's what I do with all of my time.
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 1:51am

Originally posted by Snipa69 Snipa69 wrote:

I refuse to drive anything but a manual. You rob yourself of RPMs with an automatic, but my views are purely racing and car customization. That's what I do with all of my time.

For racing yeah, but you don't need to get max RPMs to go to the grocery store.

<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 2:59am
Thankfully I never go to the grocery store!
Impulse. View Drop Down
Banned for linkage to Doll Pron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impulse. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 3:27am
CVT all the way.
TheSpookyKids87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Heh-heh heh-heh - You said "post"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSpookyKids87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 9:42am
Automatic, I'm lazy.
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 10:08am
Manual whenever possible. Drive one for long enough and you'll be eating, reading, smoking, taking a sip of your drink, and shifting gears in a long fluid motion. It just becomes second nature. My jeep was a manual and it was perfect.

Everybody should know how to drive one, even if they don't prefer it. They should do themselves a favor and at least learn. More than one bank robber has been caught because their stolen getaway vehicle was a stick and they couldn't drive it.

Edited by reifidom

chettacheez View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

I do enjoy a stinky cheese

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chettacheez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 10:32am
Manuals are fun in some cars, however for all around Ill take a built up auto(high stall,shift kit,ect).

Oh and Snipa69, WTF are you talking about robbing RPMs? I could hit the rev limiter in an auto the same as with a manual.

Edited by chettacheez
Fat Stalin View Drop Down
Strike 1 Derogatory Sexual Slur 9/22

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fat Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Depends.

Yes, it depends entirely on the situation.
agentwhale007. View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 11:16am

Auto.

I can drive manual, but I dont like it. I am lazy, and constantly shifting makes no sence when I can just use auto.

Hey, nice marmot!
A-5 08 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

The mob rules!!! Get the pitchforks!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 11:27am
Currently I have a manual Blazer and I feel like a blasted soccer mom.

Ooh what I would give to have my Mazda 626 back. '89. Twas' a perfect car for me. 5 speed, just flat out fun to drive.

Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:23pm
My amigo owns a car shop and he just made himself a paddle shifting system for his 88 monte carlo.  Its all hydraulic and stuff.  Pretty neat.  He does the paddle thing and this little arm moves the gearbox and all this crap.
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:29pm
Don't know how to drive manual, but I wouldn't like it unless I had a fast car to go along with it.

Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 1:17pm
My explorer is automatic. I've never driven a manual transmission car.

fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 1:26pm
Take a look at any car compainies website, under the est. gas mileage manual always beats automatic. And manual is cheaper than automatic to buy. You can get a car moving quicker with manual too. My dad had two company vehicles. They were both Subaru Legacy outbacks. Same engines. One was stick, the other was auto. The one with stick was much quicker.

Edited by fractus.scud

Benny go home!
For Honor View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike, stupid sexual slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote For Honor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 1:33pm

manual

only women driving their pt cruisers should have automatics

Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 1:42pm
Ive been trying both and manual does seem to be better. I just feel like something is missing with automatic.
For Honor View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike, stupid sexual slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote For Honor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 1:55pm

Originally posted by Bounty Bounty wrote:

Ive been trying both and manual does seem to be better. I just feel like something is missing with automatic.

two things are missing with automatics, manhood and a clutch

Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 2:01pm
Yeah it feels weird not having a clutch, just so weird.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 2:11pm
If you need a clutch to feel manly, maybe the clutch isn't what is missing...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic