25 [19.69%]
102 [80.31%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
the_blade View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<esser is more

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 2:31pm
O god tell me why fell so sorry for me My car has never done me any wrong awsome corning  awsome pick up and this was when it was stock.
Not with being anywhere near stock its a monster.
95 base neon 3.0 cai, knifedged crankshaft 60 mill throttle body,14 crane cam crane springs/retainers eagle rods port matched/ polished intake p&p head shaved .015 phantom grip diff dohc exuast
chettacheez View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

I do enjoy a stinky cheese

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chettacheez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Yup, the clutch on my bronco needed to be fixed, it wasnt a big deal, the last automatic car i had, the engine threw a cam because of the tranny, never again. Automatics=

Please enlighten me on how you "threw a cam" because of an auto....
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 4:02pm
I was on my way to school. At redlights no matter how light i would push the accelerator, it wouldnt shift till it redlined. Then on one stop light, i went to go and it goes. "Vrooooom BAM!" Smoke started pouring out of the exhaust, i lost my brakes and i pulled off to the side of the road away from trees. A cam shaft ended up going through the entire engine block straight through the oil pan. The was a fire too. I burned my hand getting a church medalion too. I have a scar on my hand.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chettacheez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 4:05pm
Why didnt you just let off the gas, seems like it was your fault, not the autos.

And I think a cam would have a hard time going through an entire block and out the oil pain. You sure it wasnt a rod?

Theres so much BS in this thread its pathetic.

Edited by chettacheez
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 4:10pm
Nope, it was the tranny, coulda been a rod. It wasnt my fault either, the tranny was havin trouble for like 2 days, and the engine was makin strange noises. It was on its last leg anyway.

It was great, i hated that car. I got to see it burn a little bit and hear the gas lines start poppin. Funny thing is, even after the fire was out the battery was completely destroyed but the starter was still tryin to start the car, and there was a fire behind the head light so it sorta looked like my right headlight was on. I loved watchin it burn, i hated that car with a pasion. 98 plymouth breeze.

Edited by DBibeau855
fireperson97012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireperson97012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 4:13pm
I don't care, but I learned how to drive a manual so I could drive anything.
A-5 21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 5:58pm

Originally posted by chettacheez chettacheez wrote:

Why didnt you just let off the gas, seems like it was your fault, not the autos.

And I think a cam would have a hard time going through an entire block and out the oil pain. You sure it wasnt a rod?

Theres so much BS in this thread its pathetic.

What BS is there in this thread????

Adapt, Improvise, Overcome

Today's Latin Lesson
De Oppresso Liber
Oderint Dum Metuant
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 6:01pm
There isnt any.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chettacheez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 6:11pm
Hmm, well lets see....

-Cams going through oil pans
-Autos robbing RPMs
-Manuals give huge increases in mileage
-Manuals last longer
-Cars with manuals last longer
-Autos are girly
-Autos have drivetrain slippage
-Only women should have autos
-Manuals are always quicker
-Autosticks "suck"
-Neons are worth $5
-Manuals cost more to repair
-Autos cost more to repair
-Hondas suck
-All autos are computer controlled
-Manuals are easier to repair

I think I covered most of it.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 6:13pm
What i said wasnt BS.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chettacheez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 6:20pm

What i said wasnt BS.

Well If you prove me wrong that the cam did go through the entire block and through the oil pan, then Ill apologize. Until then...BS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 6:24pm
I cant prove it to you, i could dig up the accident report i think. But they just talked about the fire and what was in the trunk. There was also something on fire dripin from the engine bay onto the ground. No BS..
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chettacheez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 6:34pm
I completly belive the accident and fire, but a cam going through an oil pan sounds alittle far fetched. In order for a cam to go through an oil pan it would either have to go through the crankshaft, main, and various other crap to even get to the oil pain or ith would have to go through the block, pistons, rods and more various crap to get to the oil pan, and on top of all of this to blame it on the Automatic transmission. First off if was acting up for the past few day you should of serviced it, your just asking for trouble. Second, when it didnt shift why didnt you let out of the gas to avoid grenading the engine? Point is it wasnt the transmissions fault, it was yours.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 6:42pm
It was the cars fault. And yeah. I wanted it to die, that weekend i bought a new car. I wasnt going to pay money to fix a car that isnt worth fixing.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chettacheez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 7:58pm

It was the cars fault. And yeah. I wanted it to die, that weekend i bought a new car. I wasnt going to pay money to fix a car that isnt worth fixing.

If you had a new car why didnt you drive that one, and also the logical thing to do is instead of driving your old car into the ground is to sell it while it still runs so you could make some money, A burnt down car isnt going to get you anything.

Cars fault, I think not. User fault...100%. Cars do not just blow up. Perhaps if you maintained it, it would of never died.
the_blade View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<esser is more

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2005 at 1:45am
Originally posted by chettacheez chettacheez wrote:

Hmm, well lets see....

-Cams going through oil pans  [ahaha thats a funny one right there that is along way for a cam to travel and also through alot of solid iron and aluminum if anything you bent the crank and threw a rod or two but even then a rod should go through the oil pan and out the side of the block]
-Autos robbing RPMs 
-Manuals give huge increases in mileage [they give slight increase to gas mileage]
-Manuals last longer
-Cars with manuals last longer
-Autos are girly
-Autos have drivetrain slippage [yes there is is slippage  in the torque converter.... its to round donut plates the have fins on the inside as the fins spin with the motor it creates a centrifical force that passes through the the trans fluid and grabss the other plate and forces it to spin that is why on high way driving most cars now have torque converter look up solniods that engage when there both moving at the same speed so you dont waste gas milage.....]
-Only women should have autos
-Manuals are always quicker
-Autosticks "suck" [depends on the actual system]
-Neons are worth $5
-Manuals cost more to repair
-Autos cost more to repair
-Hondas suck
-All autos are computer controlled  [not really most are still mechanichal they conect from the air intake butterfly so that when you floor it it kicks the tranny down a gear for the extra acceleration.]
-Manuals are easier to repair [alot easier the autos have you ever opened up a automatic transmission...]

I think I covered most of it.

95 base neon 3.0 cai, knifedged crankshaft 60 mill throttle body,14 crane cam crane springs/retainers eagle rods port matched/ polished intake p&p head shaved .015 phantom grip diff dohc exuast
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2005 at 2:00am
I dunno what it was that went out the oil pan. But it was at a funny angle, and it was rod shapped.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic