FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BUSTED MYTH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:09pm
  You can put HPA in a C02 tank., but you only get like 800psi in it.  The guy at the proshop did this for me for free, cause all I needed was a few shots to check something and they were out of C02.  I think I may have gotten 75 shots, but it did the job (i have no idea why I needed it).
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
The Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The  Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:12pm
Capt obvious strikes again!
Cp
critical
Bob Long
Lengens painball park

Team Rendition
The Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The  Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by hashi2008 hashi2008 wrote:

You can put HPA in a C02 tank., but you only get like 800psi in it.  The guy at the proshop did this for me for free, cause all I needed was a few shots to check something and they were out of C02.  I think I may have gotten 75 shots, but it did the job (i have no idea why I needed it).

You sir are incorrect.They fill HPA and co2  diffrently.

Edited by The Man
Cp
critical
Bob Long
Lengens painball park

Team Rendition
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:17pm

Originally posted by The Man The Man wrote:

Originally posted by hashi2008 hashi2008 wrote:

You sir are incorrect.They fill HPA and co2  diffrently.

I swear this on my life.  I know that you fill HPA differently, but the idiot at the proshop found someway to fill my C02 tank up.  His shop only lasted about a year, so this may be one of the many reasons that he didn't make it. BTW: This guy looked JUST like Don Vito, and his brother could be Phil Margera's twin.

Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:18pm
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
Large Unit View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not really, but it looks good as a name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Large Unit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:30pm
hashi unless your co2 tank is modified it just wouldnt work so you were either a liar or the guy at the shop lied to you and just filled your tank with a little bit of co2 and said it was hpa.
Keegan Penney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keegan Penney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:31pm
Was this on MythBusters or something? I knew thouse two were desperate for ideas but I didn't think they'ed go that low.
-Keegan Penney
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:45pm
no it wasnt
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:46pm

Originally posted by Large Unit Large Unit wrote:

hashi unless your co2 tank is modified it just wouldnt work so you were either a liar or the guy at the shop lied to you and just filled your tank with a little bit of co2 and said it was hpa.

Now why would he do that.  Though it was my first time getting a C02 tank filled (this was back quite a few years ago), he told me that it wasn't going to work right at.  I see no reason why you could not just fill the tank up to the max psi.  The gun only got a few shots out of it, but by the time I was finished shooting the 50-75 shots, the tank was room temp.  I dunno, maybe he did lie to me, but I see no reason why.  He didn't charge me for it, and he seemed stupid enough to do it.

rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 6:07pm
Stupid is right. I bet it was co2 that he filled it with.
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 6:16pm
Maybe he filled it with Nitrogen? I dont know, I know almost nothing about HPA.

However I do remember seeing a nitro tank with CO2 fill station fittings.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 6:19pm

Nitrogen=HPA=Compressed Air

They are all pretty much the same.

Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 6:45pm

Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

seeing as how a Co2 tank is pressurized at like 800psi i think (somebody correct me) and HPA tanks are at 3000 and 4500psi.....it would indeed make a boom if you actually got the fill nipple thing sorted out.  So your friends are idiots and you are too for not realizing that in the first place. zing

What? u think I actually tried it? I am not that entirely stupid.  And i didnt say that these kids were my friends (or did I?).

JediJak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JediJak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 10:23pm
it is possible to do i and a freind run a small weekend feild where we have a and air compressor and co2 tank and fill station. My freind had an extra 9 oz and so we took off the co2 fill station and stuck it on the air compressor and ill put it this way: My freind no longer has a 9oz co2 tank
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 10:26pm

It exploded?

Cheetos3254 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Too cheesy for mere words to describe ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Large Unit Large Unit wrote:

hashi unless your co2 tank is
modified it just wouldnt work so you were either a liar
or the guy at the shop lied to you and just filled your
tank with a little bit of co2 and said it was
hpa.

ha ha ha I bet he just lied to him lol
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2005 at 1:32pm
and how is this topic at 2 pages?

Edited by MeanMan

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2005 at 1:53pm

Originally posted by MeanMan MeanMan wrote:

and how is this topic at 2 pages?

People replied to it....

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2005 at 2:08pm

That is usually how topics go on.

pooperscooper View Drop Down
I’m not sure where to post this...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2005 at 10:57pm
so u can put co2 in a nitro tank?
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down untill he gets the information he wants.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic