Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BUSTED MYTH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2005 at 11:12pm
Yes, I believe so.
Razgriz Ghost View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Implosion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razgriz Ghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 11:38am

Actually I don't think so. I'll ask some of my friends with nitro tanks. Also Rossy hpa and compressed air are the same but nitrogen is not.

Edited by Razgriz Ghost
^Pirate^ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^Pirate^ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

seeing as how a Co2 tank is pressurized at like 800psi i think (somebody correct me) and HPA tanks are at 3000 and 4500psi.....it would indeed make a boom if you actually got the fill nipple thing sorted out.  So your friends are idiots and you are too for not realizing that in the first place. zing

I guess I'll correct you, CO2's output pressure is 850 psi, the tank has a bursting pressure around 3000 psi or, at least that's when the disk ruptures, and I think, that HPA tanks have the same output pressure of 850psi, unless you use LP.

Originally posted by rossy11223 rossy11223 wrote:

Nitrogen=HPA=Compressed Air

They are all pretty much the same.

Nitrogen = SUPER expensive.

Edited by ^Pirate^

It aint about black or white
becuz we human
I hope we see the light before it's ruined
My ghetto gospel
pooperscooper View Drop Down
I’m not sure where to post this...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 12:09pm
how much co2 do u think will fit in a 114ci 4500 psi tank?
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down untill he gets the information he wants.
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Razgriz Ghost Razgriz Ghost wrote:

Actually I don't think so. I'll ask some of my friends with nitro tanks. Also Rossy hpa and compressed air are the same but nitrogen is not.

But they are all filled in high pressure air tanks and pretty much do the same thing.

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 12:58pm

Originally posted by pooperscooper pooperscooper wrote:

A lot, but DO NOT FILL A FIBER HPA TANK WITH C02!!!

Good god people are clueless.

^Pirate^ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^Pirate^ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

Originally posted by pooperscooper pooperscooper wrote:

A lot, but DO NOT FILL A FIBER HPA TANK WITH C02!!!

Good god people are clueless.

Violate them with your knowledge....

Edited by ^Pirate^

It aint about black or white
becuz we human
I hope we see the light before it's ruined
My ghetto gospel
JediJak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JediJak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by rossy11223 rossy11223 wrote:

Originally posted by Razgriz Ghost Razgriz Ghost wrote:

But they are all filled in high pressure air tanks and pretty much do the same thing.

Compressed air is 78 percent nitrogen the only reason that people sell "pure" nitrogen is to rip people off. "pure nitrogen" is  usually compressed air that has %85 nitrogen as you can guess not much of a difference.
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 6:10pm
  ^ Maybe that's part of the reason they sell it, but the reason nitrogen is readily available is because welders use it alot.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 6:13pm

This is very possible. You could fill your co2 tank up to 1800psi of air. The tank is rated for 1800 because co2 can get to that pressure on a hot day. Co2 tanks become highly unstable above 1800psi, but could most likely take 3k, but this is all what the burst disk is for.

I could put compressed air (anything 1psi and up is considered compressed) into an empty co2 tank right now if I wanted to. How? Two remote lines and a few fittings. Filling a co2 tank with an HPA tank would only fill it with what it outputs though.

You could fill an HPA tank with co2 too, doesnt matter if its fiber wrapped because theres still an aluminum tank underneath the strong wrap reinforcment. But filling an HPA tank with co2 would be agony for the reg, and the cold would be bad for the wrapping. Not a good idea.

But, you should NEVER fill a tank with somthing its not meant for.

benttwig33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Whiner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benttwig33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 6:44pm
Wow.

your SOOOOOOOOOO smart.
Sig is WAY too big.
woodzballer08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodzballer08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 8:28pm
all of you who have been saying that you CAN put hpa in a c02 tank, whatever it is that you are smoking you smoked a tit bit too much
Getting bunkered is like having sex in prision; it will happen weather you like it or not.
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 9:22pm
^you may want to change your sig...
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 9:48pm

Originally posted by woodzballer08 woodzballer08 wrote:

all of you who have been saying that you CAN put hpa in a c02 tank, whatever it is that you are smoking you smoked a tit bit too much

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 10:57pm
I think you were the only one to try that. And its only partially true.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic