FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best cheap pump marker?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Large Unit View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not really, but it looks good as a name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Large Unit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best cheap pump marker?
    Posted: 30 July 2005 at 12:47am

What would you say is the best pump marker under $150? I am looking to use to use this for speedball if that helps.

Edited by Large Unit
tippy279 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy279 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 2:36pm
A phantom is the most accurate and reliable but its  a wee bit pricey.  If you want a really cheap gun then look at brass eagle but that will break.  Look into a beat up bushy.  Itll still be a great gun.  Post on how it holds up in speedball Im curious.
My guns name is Mr. Max in remembrance of my dog that got hit by a car: Tippmann A-5
Ricochet R-5
JCS double Trigger
Tippmann E-Grip
Flatline Barrel

Do you have the need for speed?
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 3:07pm
Trracer - 50$
ACI Hornet- 50 to 60
Tippmann SL-68 II- 50 to 80
ACI Mavrick- 50 to 70

I just picked up a trracer. Its still in the mail.

All of those are older guns, but can be found very useily.

Edited by cdacda13
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by cdacda13 cdacda13 wrote:

Trracer - 50$
ACI Hornet- 50 to 60
ACI Mavrick- 50 to 70

All VERY similar guns, but all do the trick. I got a trracer for $40 canadian, and it's not bad.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Large Unit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 3:27pm

Thanks guys, I doubt itll hold up well in speedball but I want to start playing 3-4 times a week and I just can't afford that using a semi (especially since im getting a promaster in a week or so ), also playing at that disadvantage has got to make me a lot better and I noticed I'm really not aiming as much as I should and relying on BPS, a pump should change that habit.

Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 7:37pm
You could play stock class, instead of full on speedball...
HeadshotJester View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 9:11pm
got o walmart and buy a blade lol

Vote for Stewie!
XrayMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XrayMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Large Unit Large Unit wrote:

I doubt itll hold up well in speedball

Actually, I use an SL-68II everytime I play speedball instead of my RT, and once you get used to playing (even w/ and against guys w/ full electro setups) you'll be able to hold your own. So take your time getting used to it, and you'll see that it will make you a much better player in the long run. Also I found that other players actully look for me first since I'm able to one-ball them rather than spray and pray.
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by HeadshotJester HeadshotJester wrote:

got o walmart and buy a blade lol

Thats so not funny.
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 10:42pm
I would think used would be the way to go.  You should be able to find some older nice pumps for cheap...
solxion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solxion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 4:21am
agghhh the pmi tracer my first marker(those were the days).
try stockclasspaintball.com
98c/rt,12" j&j pro-1,java coiled remote to 20 oz,eggy II,spee-t-cocker,ghetto fab stock(homebrew),pgp2k1.
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 9:34am
As stated, Trracer/Maverick/Hornet are good, inexpensive guns. If you get the Trracer or Maverick, try to get the "Deluxe" models, which enable you to change velocity without disassembling the gun. (Otherwise, the only way you can do it is by swapping out springs)

You can probably find a good used Phantom in the upper thresholds of your budget.
I have two Phantoms I bought used. A standard pump-class I got for $65... and a Vertical Stock Class 45-grip I got for around $125 with accessories.
HeadshotJester View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 12:34pm
Hey Rambino bought a blade and customized it. it's pretty sweet so don't flame me every chance you get you outta take a look at it. and cdacda the flames are getting old... quit acting like your 12

Vote for Stewie!
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 4:45pm
Theres a reason blades are 20$.
I have seen a kid get shot in the gun, and the gun shatter into pieces.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Large Unit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 5:47pm
My friend was shooting his talon by just holding the trigger and pumping and the gun fell apart in his hands... kinda gave me the impression to stay away from B.E. guns.

Thanks for the help though everyone I'm looking around on ebay now.
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 5:49pm
I know someone who bought a bunch of trracers from a field that went belly up, and he rebuilt them. Im getting my trracer off him.
PM if you want the link.
woodzballer08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodzballer08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 6:06pm

go to ebay.com and search for sl 68 or sl-68 or even sl68

The best pump that can use constant air, other than worr games sniper.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic