5 [10.00%]
1 [2.00%]
0 [0.00%]
43 [86.00%]
1 [2.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
hotshot_2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotshot_2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what is the best starter
    Posted: 29 July 2005 at 8:39pm
tippy279 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy279 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 8:43pm
Get a Tippmann because they are very upgradeable and reliable.  Youll be happy with that.
My guns name is Mr. Max in remembrance of my dog that got hit by a car: Tippmann A-5
Ricochet R-5
JCS double Trigger
Tippmann E-Grip
Flatline Barrel

Do you have the need for speed?
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 10:15pm
I'd suggest a Tippmann 98c. It is very easy to maintain and is VERY reliable.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
soonerdude05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soonerdude05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 10:47pm
Tippmann duh. Who chose Spyder? Tippmann is way better.
A-5 21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 11:54pm
No kidding tippmann all the way they are the most customizable guns out there
Adapt, Improvise, Overcome

Today's Latin Lesson
De Oppresso Liber
Oderint Dum Metuant
solxion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solxion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 12:41am
tippmann of course if you have or can save the money for it,if not then a low-mid end spyder.anything less is not worth it.I would be ashamed to put out the instruction manual that comes with a spyder though .
98c/rt,12" j&j pro-1,java coiled remote to 20 oz,eggy II,spee-t-cocker,ghetto fab stock(homebrew),pgp2k1.
Large Unit View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not really, but it looks good as a name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Large Unit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 1:06am
for speedball a spyder
for woodsball a tippmann

the people bashing spyders are clueless, I own both a tippmann and spyder and use the tippmann for playing renegadeball and the spyder for playing speedball on real fields, both work great.

Edited by Large Unit
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 11:27am
My starter gun was a Tippmann and I have never regreted it.
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 6:38pm
my starter gun was a piranah and i freaking love it.....but ide go with a 98c

tippy279 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy279 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 5:50pm
Yep the Tippmann: reliable, upgradeable and accurate and potentially fast.  The Ion would be good but it could be a little complicated for the begginner player.  Read the manual and talk to other Ion users before buying that gun.
My guns name is Mr. Max in remembrance of my dog that got hit by a car: Tippmann A-5
Ricochet R-5
JCS double Trigger
Tippmann E-Grip
Flatline Barrel

Do you have the need for speed?
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 5:54pm

Pro/carb if your just starting out.

Built like a tank to take the beating of any New Player.

Cheetos3254 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Too cheesy for mere words to describe ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 4:41pm
definately a 98 c
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 5:27pm

My friend got a spyder fiddled with it and broker the volumizer or whatever the thing on the front is.  He had it for 3 days.  I watched him take it off throw it in the air and play with it.  But i didnt say anyting and it breaks.

tippmann-reliable, sturdy

spyder-newbs are stupid and brake em

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
woodzballer08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodzballer08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:15pm
The best starter is whatever you can afford to start with. Now i am not saying to go to your local pro shop and buy a impulce with vision. Just buy something that is easily upgradeable. I started out with the good old sl-68
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

Pro/carb if your just starting out.

Built like a tank to take the beating of any New Player.

I agree. One of the most durrable guns out there.

Ditmar369 View Drop Down

Guested - racism

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ditmar369 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:57pm
as u get better at the sport u can just keep adding things to ur likeing with the tippy...most deff..get that..
Nutteralex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutteralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 3:33pm
98C it's cheap and you can upgrade it if you get more into paintball.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 4:24pm

I like my 98c but make sure you oil and clean it after every woodsball game.  All sorts of crap can get in there.  But dont take apart the internals of your gun too much.  I learned first hand that it makes for a bad time.

frontplayer7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frontplayer7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 10:56am

I would say get a tippy because there more durable and just all around better but they dont shoot very fast

macg1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 4:38pm
what do u mean they r very custimizable i have one and i cant "custimize" it to shoot faster the rt is too expensive and thats it, u cant walk a double trigger, rite?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic