FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What do you want out of life?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 1:49pm
Too many people don't do what they want in life, mess up and have kids early so they mess up their big plans...instead of admitting they messed up and would have done things differently, they just fall back on being a "good family man" and feel good about their shortcomings.

Anyone with functional genitalia can produce a family, it takes actual brainpower to make big bucks.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 1:50pm
Making big bucks doesn't make you a bigger or better person, it means you might be a bit more greedy than the average man. I've learned to cope without money, because it doesn't make me happy. If I have kids early or late, I will love them the same, and they will become my life.
A-5 08 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

The mob rules!!! Get the pitchforks!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 1:53pm
Life is good, eternal life is better.

I believe my purpose in life is to be an evangelist. Just spread the good news to as many people as I can. Though being an evangelist does't mean being a Minister or a missionary, it simply means inviting friends to come to God. Get them involved in a youth group or a congregation. To bring people to the Lord is what gives me my spark.

I really would like to be truely in love with a woman who shares those exact feelings for me. Raise a good Christian family, and of course, those little ones will be gettin Tippmanns ASAP.

Though whatever He has in store for me, I must accept and live that path for Him.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Making money while not being a good person doesn't prove much to me. You can be as rich as you want, but if you aren't happy, with the one you love, then it's a pitiful life. I will find my mate first before anything else, have a family that I can support, then worry about buying stuff.

Since when dos not worrying about a family make you a bad person?

I guess you will just have to speak for yourself, because I feel I can live a very fulfilling life without getting married or having a significant other.

I think that's the problem, and why most marriages end in divorce! because instead of living a full life, being successful by yourself, gaining confidence and self-worth, and THEN looking for a mate, people have messed up priorities! They want to get married and have kids before they have accomplished anything in life.

So, after a few years, your wife realizes you really aren't confident, because you use her as a crutch. You haven't accomplished anything in life without her a your side...compared to my scenario, where I will have been the person solely responsible for my wealth.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 1:56pm
Getting married and having a family is accomplishing something. Creating a life, raising it to become a good person, and sustaining a long lasting relationship is by far more difficult than anything else. That's an accomplishment.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 1:56pm

Making big bucks doesn't make you a bigger or better person, it means you might be a bit more greedy than the average man. I've learned to cope without money, because it doesn't make me happy. If I have kids early or late, I will love them the same, and they will become my life.

seriously, you are putting words in my mouth...you are equating being successful with being greedy!

I only want what I have earcned, and I feel I have enough to offer the world that I should be compensated hansomely.

Nothing to do with being a bad person or greedy, just having proper priorities!
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 1:57pm

Getting married and having a family is accomplishing something. Creating a life, raising it to become a good person, and sustaining a long lasting relationship is by far more difficult than anything else. That's an accomplishment.

Why can't you do this after you have been successful yourself?

Why can't ypu make a million dolars, and bring that to the table even before you start a family?

I don't get your logic.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 1:57pm

It's your life, I just do not equate personal wealth with success or having better priorities. I will give back what I have learned, and dedicate myself to making other's happy, teaching them, and being a link in their lives.

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 1:58pm

Don't you think you would be beter fit to raise a child properly AFTER having lived a fulfilling life?

I mean, how is your kid gonna be successsful when you haven't been succesful?

I'd rather be teaching my kid how to make millions rather than how to scrape by with his wife and kids on 30K a year.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 1:59pm

Originally posted by Zesty Zesty wrote:

Why can't you do this after you have been successful yourself?

Why can't ypu make a million dolars, and bring that to the table even before you start a family?

I don't get your logic.

Becuase I don't need a million dollars to make me think I have made it better than the rest of the world. Becomming rich does not matter to me because I don't compare myself to others on a basis of wealth. If this thread is about doing what makes you happy, then raising a family is exactly what I will do. Money is just paper, it doesn't make the man.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 2:00pm
Money does not equal success, only to those that believe money makes the man.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 2:03pm

It's your life, I just do not equate personal wealth with success or having better priorities. I will give back what I have learned, and dedicate myself to making other's happy, teaching them, and being a link in their lives.

I think what you're missing is this:

My way of life doesn't mean I won't ever have a family! It just means I will satisfy my urge to be succesful before that!

Honestly, too many people are afraid to be honest that they aren't happy with their lives!

I'm not, I have lived a fulfilling life, but I'm still not content or happy. If I had a family beofre accomplishing my business goals, I would feel like less of a person, and would regret it.

Hvaing kids is an accomplishment, but not one to be all that proud of IMHO.

I will be more proud knowing I waited until the best possible time, and gave my kids the best chance at success possible.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 2:05pm
If I can support them, then it's the right time. If I have to make a million dollars in order to call myself successful, then I don't think I'm focused well. I would give up all the money in the world to have a wonderful wife and family.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 2:06pm
Put it this way:

Take your situation, and add 11 million dollars to your bank account.

Are you telling me money will make you a worse man?

How would you feel knowing that YOU PERSONALLY made millions of dollars, with no help at all?

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 2:07pm

If I can support them, then it's the right time. If I have to make a million dollars in order to call myself successful, then I don't think I'm focused well. I would give up all the money in the world to have a wonderful wife and family.

Why do you continue to think it's one or the other?

Some people do have success in both business and family...it's just some people are forced to focus on one, because they aren't good at the other.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 2:08pm
I would feel happy because I could buy stuff. But taking that money away doesn't make me a worse person. I think that too many people equate rich with happy, which is not always the case. I think it's a psuedo-happiness because it buys you what you want. But it can never equal the feeling of a good mate.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 2:09pm

Originally posted by Zesty Zesty wrote:

Why do you continue to think it's one or the other?

Some people do have success in both business and family...it's just some people are forced to focus on one, because they aren't good at the other.

I just laugh at the stress of being "rich." Having enough money to support your family is one thing, being a millionaire is another. Yes it's a good thing to have the money for a family first, but that's all the money I need.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Be in a band as sucessful as At the Drive-In.
Uhh.. who?

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 2:17pm
Well, my family is kinda poor. I used to go to school in ripped clothes, and basically was always made fun of because I was white, but not rich.

Now my aunt is like 3 years younger than my mother. Instead of having kids when they were young like my parents, they waited, became successful, and then started their family.

My mother and father were able to suport me, but that doesn't mean it was the righ time! Hell, you can ask them about it, they'll be honest...they should have been more succesful in business before starting a family, and it's caused my family a lot of unneeded stress.

Given the same circumstances, I don't see how some success and extra dough in the bank account hurt anything.
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Be in a band as sucessful as At the Drive-In.
Uhh.. who?

PROVOKATION...BLATANT PROVOKATION!!! SOUND THE ALARM HE'S ON THE WARPATH!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic