Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

do you wear a cup?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Poll Question: do you wear a cup when you paintball?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
24 [25.81%]
69 [74.19%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
HeadshotJester View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 3:54pm
yep. not uncomfortable at all

Vote for Stewie!
hwayhzrd View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Out Getting a Beer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwayhzrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:09pm

Only when I plan to drink coffee!

If I attack, follow me

If I flee, kill me

If I die, avenge me

Heres To You View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Cheated on Kelsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heres To You Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by HeadshotJester HeadshotJester wrote:

i just can't wear them i guess my legs are different or sumthin. anyways personally i'd rather get shpt in the nuts than in the throat and don't start making fun of me for that comment but if u get shot at the bottom of the neck. u can't breathe for like a minute and panic big time. not to mention the immense pain and afterwards u cough up blood. but luckily u usually pass out. i was the unlucky one who had to sit thru the whole thing. its worse than choking on something. it scares u bad . WEAR A NECKGUARD!

Dear God, I have a massive neck (Look at my pics), and I've been hit in the neck quite a few times (Even the left side of my adams apple) and never had that happen.

You neck must be tender...
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:22pm
i wear a neck guard cause the first time i ever played i got hit in the neck 2 times.  but i dont wear a cup.  I should cause my friend was wearing pants with a hole in the thigh and a paintball went up and hit him in his balls...he cried
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:28pm
no i mean dead on it has to be a straight shot. and everyone has a tender neck. well msot ppl. that ur head and down there are the most sensitive part on ur body.

Vote for Stewie!
Killgore View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Mr. Patience

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Killgore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:31pm
Do you guys wear a cup when playing hockey, baseball, football, soccer? If so wear one when you play paintball. I wish i still had the pic of the guy who was shot in the nuts by a paintball. They took 4 ounces of blood out of the left testicle. Lets just say that testicle no longer works. He is now left with only one.

The reason a cup is uncomfortable is that you have the wrong size. Either too big or too small.

Another trick to make it more comfortable is wear it above a pair of boxer briefs or boxer shorts. This way you won't get any chaffing.

Also you can pick up a soft cup they are more expensive than a hard cup but least you are protected.

The indoor field i play at you have to wear a cup of some sort. If not you cannot play. The reason is we shoot a very close ranges and you never know when you will be hit there.

Trust me the longer you play sooner or later you will be hit in the rocks.
hwayhzrd View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Out Getting a Beer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwayhzrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:42pm

Only his left one works?

That's not right!!

If I attack, follow me

If I flee, kill me

If I die, avenge me

rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by hwayhzrd hwayhzrd wrote:

Only his left one works?

That's not right!!

agentwhale007. View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:46pm

I probobly should, but I dont.

I have heard, and this may sound funny, but a few wadded up socks down there can help cushion an impact. Now, this is no replacement for a hard-cup, but anything is better than nothing.

I dont even wear a hard-cup supporter for Martial Arts sparring tournys. If the ring judge asks me I will just lie.

Hey, nice marmot!
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:49pm
I dont wear a cup for football.

I have been shot in that area before, it left a huge black and blue about 2 inches to the left of my manhood.
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:50pm
ill try the socks idea.. sounds a lot more comfortable and affordable since the whole shot in the nuts story changed my mind. but getting shot in the throat rivals a nut shot greatly

Vote for Stewie!
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Killgore Killgore wrote:

Do you guys wear a cup when playing hockey, baseball, football, soccer? If so wear one when you play paintball. I wish i still had the pic of the guy who was shot in the nuts by a paintball. They took 4 ounces of blood out of the left testicle. Lets just say that testicle no longer works. He is now left with only one.

The reason a cup is uncomfortable is that you have the wrong size. Either too big or too small.

Another trick to make it more comfortable is wear it above a pair of boxer briefs or boxer shorts. This way you won't get any chaffing.

Also you can pick up a soft cup they are more expensive than a hard cup but least you are protected.

The indoor field i play at you have to wear a cup of some sort. If not you cannot play. The reason is we shoot a very close ranges and you never know when you will be hit there.

Trust me the longer you play sooner or later you will be hit in the rocks.

When i first came to the forum, there was a picture of a guy who got shot there floating around.
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:52pm
I do untill I get some pants with a padded crotch.
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:53pm
Yes, I do. 
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:55pm
If you get shot there, it could send you to the hospital, and result in... ding ding ding hospital bills! Just pay the 7.50 for the cup and save yourself pain and hospital bills.
CIA356 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CIA356 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 5:05pm
Just get a martial arts cup they are alot more comfortable but I still don't wear one.
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 5:44pm
Jesus HeadshotJester.. I once got shot from about 5-6 feet, twice in the side of the neck, and once in the throat. It hurt like hell but I didnt cough up blood or any of that crazy stuff..
I need a new Sig...
Blue Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 5:45pm
I once was shot about fifteen times in the crouch but the first fourteen didn't break and I didn't have I cup so you should be fine. This was also at close range
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 5:50pm

Nope, I don't wear any extra protective gear other than my Profiler.

I wear a thin blue long sleeved shirt and Proto 05 pants.

Blue Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

Nope, I don't wear any extra protective gear other than my Profiler.

I wear a thin blue long sleeved shirt and Proto 05 pants.

You should definantly upgrade to army suprluss camo pants and a shorsleeve underarmor shirt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic