Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whats better a jj ceramic 12’’ or a flat

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: For an A-5 is a jj ceramic 12" better than a flatline?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [41.67%]
2 [8.33%]
12 [50.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
HeadshotJester View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats better a jj ceramic 12’’ or a flat
    Posted: 21 July 2005 at 11:19am
I can't buy marbs and i have to use the fields paint kickn paintballs or w/e so should i use the flatline or not? and i like to play speedball 3/4 and woods 1/4 of the time if that helps

Vote for Stewie!
ionic View Drop Down
Strike 1 - racial slur 7/22

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ionic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 11:30am

I stick with the flatlike; that would put a back spend on the paintball making it go farther, but that just me.

Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 11:32am
hehe i know what the flatline does but i hear they take a lot of adjusting to get em straight and that they arent that accurate at long ranges

Vote for Stewie!
ionic View Drop Down
Strike 1 - racial slur 7/22

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ionic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 11:40am

Well, I was reading some of the reviews at http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/?year=2005&sort =&prod=251 about the jj Ceramic barrel; some people said it does shot farther then the flatline plus its cheaper.

ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 11:56am
Yet another example as to why I believe no one should take into account any reviews from PBReview.

J&J Ceramic is an excellent barrel.... especially given the low cost. It does not, however, shoot farther than the Flatline.

Jester... if you don't think the paint you'll be shooting will be compatible with the Flatline, I'd get the J&J. J&J will be a bit more forgiving on paint, and will be much easier to clean should you ever break/chop a ball (turn gun upside down, fire two clearing shots to ensure empty chamber, put hand over end of barrel, shoot several shots and goo oozes out of the porting... barrel should be clean). Can't do that with the Flatline.

All comes down to paint used. Flatline performs well using good, small bore paint. If you don't have access to that... you're better off without it.

Just my opinion.
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 12:07pm
thx shorty thas what i was thinking because im not really a back player anyway but i here its accurate at close range so i decided to get it now when it gets here tomorrow ill test it out saturday to see the truth about MY flatline because they say each flatline has a mind of its own sorta speak into its fps pref and paintball pref. so i might get lucky and my flatline might like this cheap paint but u never know

Vote for Stewie!
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 1:20pm
i myself cant even decide if i should get the flatline or not.....i have the j&j 14" ceramic......i love it

Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 2:13pm

blackdog hehe ill trade ya i kinda dont want the flatline any more since i cant use my own paitn it has to be the fields

btw i was jk

Edited by HeadshotJester

Vote for Stewie!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 2:24pm
oh rigggghhhhtttt......

mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 7:26pm
Given your situation, I would say that the J&J is the better option. Since you don't play out in the woods where extra range would be helpful, there's really no pay off to the small inconveniences you put up with when using a flatline. I have one myself and I love it but if I didn't play so much woodsball/scenarios then I would rather use my bigshot. The flatline requires you to align it very precisely for it to work right and if you break a ball, you can't take it off to squeegee. I have a thumb screw holding the cyclone on so I can pop that off mid-game to squeegee if needed which I suggest doing if you have an A5 with a flatline. Otherwise, if you break a ball, you'll have to pray you land your shots somehow because they'll be all over the place. The ceramic is accurate and doesn't have any of the inconveniences of the flatline but it also doesn't have the extra range or flat trajectory. Those are the main differences between them other than price. So based on that info, just decide which barrel fits your needs best and go buy it. I have used both and they both do a great job at what they were designed to do so it's really a matter of preference and budget as to which you should get.

EDIT: The J&J is also more flexible in terms of what paint can be used. The flatline likes small bore paint and won't perform as well without it. The J&J won't have such a drastic change in performance. That's very important when you don't usually get to choose what paint you can play with.

Edited by mod98commando
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 8:11pm
thx for all the help guys and i've decided on the jj 12"

Vote for Stewie!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 9:04pm
you should of just bought the j&j right off the bat instead of spending more on the flatline.....just saying, not trying to be mean or anything

Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 10:15pm
hehe i know but i already bought the gun and the package came with a flatline only so i didnty have a choice or else i would have spent the extra 100 anyway on making it a package.. this way i can atleast make my 100 bucks back by selling the flatline

Vote for Stewie!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 10:48pm
good idea...if only i had an A-5

bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2005 at 2:56am
for speedball that should be common sense get the 12 inch
SpeedyJester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpeedyJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 8:19pm

the jj  is the better one soo pick it

Woooosh... Did you see me? Probably not cuz my name's Speedy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 3:20pm
not true speedyjester.....people have different opinions....but i would go with the jj 14"

Ditmar369 View Drop Down

Guested - racism

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ditmar369 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 5:01pm
JJ 12 inch for speedball
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic