Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Custom Pro question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Emrys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emrys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom Pro question
    Posted: 21 July 2005 at 10:02am
What's the largest sized bottle that the Tippmann Custom Pro can have? 
HeadshotJester View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 10:05am
u mean tank right? if so i know they get 20oz and maybe a 24oz but im not sure. I've never actually seen a 24oz but i here rumors about them. but 20oz is really as big as u need after that the tank starts getting bigger than the gun

Edited by HeadshotJester

Vote for Stewie!
Emrys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emrys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 10:09am
Okay, thanks. I was wondering because of the drop foward. Didn't look like a 20 oz would fit.

And yes, I meant tank.
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 10:10am

20 oz  is the same size as a 12 and 9 just longer and fatter each time

and oh yea welcome to the forums

Edited by HeadshotJester

Vote for Stewie!
Emrys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emrys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 10:14am
Thanks for the help, Jester.
ionic View Drop Down
Strike 1 - racial slur 7/22

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ionic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 10:21am

What kind of drop forward do you have Emrys.

Emrys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emrys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 10:38am
Emrys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emrys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 10:38am
That's the gun that I want right now.
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 10:54am
hehe just buy it. its a great gun. i think it even matches up close to the A-5. the barrel looks cool but i forget what it actually is stock i think it might be werks but if its not get a werks or jj ceramic 12'' inch because too long of barrels create more friction and they dont make the gun more accurate or longer range they also hog gas the only advantage to a long barrel is poking it thru brush so if ur playing woods get a 14" to a 16" u shouldnt ever go over 14 but if u !MUST! only go to 16

Vote for Stewie!
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 6:18pm
i have that gun....when you put the 20 oz on it, its really bottom heavey.....oh and to answer you question, yes it will fit....all drop forawards or asa's fit any kind of tank......but ok......if you get it and plan to use a 20 oz get something to even out the weight, like an expantion chamber, with the vertical feed, and a j&j 14" ceramic barrel, thats all that i have, and even with a 20 oz its not bottom heavy anymore.....but all i use is a 9 oz or a 12 oz, im more of a mid to front player.....i charge alot....woodsball....so ya hope that helped....plus HeadshotJester said alot of true stuff to.....well yep there ya go

gbunit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gbunit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 6:23pm
i have a custom pro and it is quite back heavy
gries
Emrys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emrys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 6:44pm
Okay, thanks for the help. If I can, I'll get a better barrel than the werks. Maybe a 14".
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 6:52pm
i still reccomend the 12'' unless u have to have the 14'' because the 12'' gives u less barrel to have poking out or to get in the way of u and the dodrito ur hiding behind. but if ur playing woodsball more than speed u still might want the 12'' unless u like the ground and bushes more than the trees.

Vote for Stewie!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 9:08pm
ya basically the gun is pretty darn heavy

Tippmann_Werks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann_Werks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 10:00pm

Grab the Pro, its definately where Tippmann is at right now.

Weight is an easy problem to solve, and hey, while your at it, why not upgrade as well?  Assuming you buy the Electronic Pro...

Grab either a Regulator or an Expansion Chamber.  Palmers is top-of-the-line for CO2, and it works well with HPA if you have it.  They run (I believe) around 70$.  If thats too much, an alternative would be to pick up a X-Core 8 stage expansion.  Its only 20$ and does EXTREMELY well. 

With both of those your gonna need a Vertical Adapter...easy enough.

Purchase some Macroline with some 90* fittings, or purchase another sized steel-braided hose, because now your gonna have to run your air from your ASA (Air Source Adapter) to your Reg/Expansion.  Once you've done all that, you'll have a nicely balanced Custom, and to top it off, it will be quite efficent as well. 

While your buying goodies, don't forget a new barrel....(I <3 Lapco Bigshots)

Unofficial Tippmann On-Field Spokesperson
-Bunkering Non-Tippmann users since 1999
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 10:49pm
exactly.....

Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 10:56pm
but if the gun is to off balanced for u and u dotn want to buy all thos upgrades just get a 12 oz unless the air at ur field costs ya for each load no matter what size tank. the 12oz is perfectly fine just most ppl like the 20 oz becuz we're all too lazy to wait 2 minutes for a refill but if its affecting ur game definatly get the 12 oz.

Vote for Stewie!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 11:04pm
hey i play with a 9 oz.....because its light......but since i have all these upgrades on my gun, i can now play with a 20 oz and the gun feels level

ionic View Drop Down
Strike 1 - racial slur 7/22

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ionic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 11:09pm
I know a guy that uses a scuba tank on his paintball gun. The thing is huge, hanging on his back.
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2005 at 10:34am
haha id like to see that! but he out to use one one of those hand paitn cannons of off ebay and just blast people. that would be hilarious to see.

Vote for Stewie!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic