Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Custom Pro question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2005 at 11:44am
dang, that must be heavy......but must last him all day

Emrys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emrys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2005 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Tippmann_Werks Tippmann_Werks wrote:

(big ol' snip right here)

Grab either a Regulator or an Expansion Chamber.  Palmers is top-of-the-line for CO2, and it works well with HPA if you have it.  They run (I believe) around 70$.  If thats too much, an alternative would be to pick up a X-Core 8 stage expansion.  Its only 20$ and does EXTREMELY well. What does an expansion chamber do?

With both of those your gonna need a Vertical Adapter...easy enough.

Purchase some Macroline with some 90* fittings , or purchase another sized steel-braided hose, because now your gonna have to run your air from your ASA (Air Source Adapter) to your Reg/Expansion.  Once you've done all that, you'll have a nicely balanced Custom, and to top it off, it will be quite efficent as well.  Translate that first sentence to Noobish. >.>

While your buying goodies, don't forget a new barrel....(I <3 Lapco Bigshots) I'm thinking of getting that J&J ceramic barrel when I can, but I'll look into the Bigshots too.

Emrys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emrys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 12:15am
Well, it's official. My parents have picked up my present. The Custom Pro, ofcourse.

And in related news, one of my friends just offered to sell his J&J ceramic barrel for $25 US plus shipping.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 2:26am
GREAT DEAL!!

DaveT98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveT98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 10:54am
Yo emryes thats the same gun i want to get too. I want to get the custom pro with a 14 inch j and j ceramic barrel.....and a 20 ounce
HeadshotJester View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 12:04pm
get the 12 inch unless u play woods

Vote for Stewie!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 3:49pm
14" j&j is perfect.....theres no difference between 14" and 12", just the length of 2 inches.......anyway...so ya

Emrys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emrys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 7:06pm
Just got the gun today. In a short while, I'll prolly buy the 14" from a friend.
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 7:11pm
thas fine tghe reason i suggested the 12'' is becuz like i say oin every forum its just less to have poking out or between u and the dodrito that ur hiding behind, but if you were doing a friend a favor by buying there's i'd get a fren's 14'' rather than ebay's 12, plus no shipping!

Vote for Stewie!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 7:27pm
one of my "friends" sucks at selling stuff like that......ok he bought 2000 rounds of paint, and i asked if i could use a hopper full.....so he was like you can if you pay me $4....for one hopper.....i its only 200 rounds....and if he asked for a hopper full i wouldnt let him pay me, ide be a friend......ok so sorry about that.................anyway like i said above there really isnt a difference in the 14 and the 12

Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 8:21pm
it is if the bush is 2 extra inches thick and if the bunker is only 12 inches wide.

Vote for Stewie!
Emrys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emrys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 9:22pm
Well, I used a hopper-full of paint today. Had quite a few breaks in the barrel. And I wasn't pleased with the noise or recoil.

HOWEVER. I love the double trigger, the butt plate, and the accuracy.

And Jester, shipping will be added to the cost. He lives in Florida. I don't.

Edited by Emrys
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 9:28pm
o o wel its still a good deal. and the breaks were probably from the combo of the stock abrrel and breaking in the gun. after a couple games it will work fine. well it should anyways.

Vote for Stewie!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 9:39pm
with the jj barrel, nothing should go wrong

Emrys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emrys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 10:48pm
Thanks once again, everyone. I think I'm all sorted out now.
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 10:51pm
we got ur back always

Vote for Stewie!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 3:33am
what headshot said.....cause i gots his back to

Emrys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emrys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 3:00pm
Just finished getting the velocity at a good level. No more shots veering off to the right or left. Now, I hit where I aim. :)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 3:12pm

Pocket Lint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pocket Lint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 11:31pm

if u got the custom pro like i did, i reccomend buying a centre feed kit from Rufus Dawg, should eliminate chopping, and buy a palmers male stabilzer! those two combined will make your tippy awsome!

to get the most out of those upgrades, u need to modify your trigger so u can walk it fast and smoothly, and the e-grip.

heres a pretty accurate price quote for those two upgrades at the top:       Rufus Dawg Center Feed Kit "$49.95"

Palmers Male Stabilizer Kit "$100"

total cost for awsome upgrade = $150!!!!!

Edited by Pocket Lint
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic