Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What gun to get?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BigBlue22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBlue22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What gun to get?
    Posted: 19 July 2005 at 10:10am

Ok, I'm new to paintball and i wanna spend about $500 total on a gun so i'll probably buy a stock gun for a price around around $200-$300 and spend about $200-$300 on upgrades and such. So in your guys opinions, which gun should i get?? And what should i do to that gun? Right now i'm thinking of getting an A-5 with Flatline,Double trigger,and E-Grip. Though I still don't know what i want and i'm looking for more options on good starter guns in those prices ranges. And if your wondering, i'll be playin mostly woods ball cause me and my friends feel speedball's for wusses..

Edited by BigBlue22
ionic View Drop Down
Strike 1 - racial slur 7/22

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ionic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 10:30am
After you know it you be spending a lot of money upgrading on a gun trying to fit your likeing. You might as well get a impy or ion(look at my sig). Check www.pbreview.com for review paintball products.
BigBlue22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBlue22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 10:33am
pbreview.com helps, but i dont wanna look threw all those gun reviews...I rather people from this community tell me. They know what's best and can refer me to a gun. I'm still in the mix up of gettin an electronic or Semi-Auto gun. Once someone tells me which is better, then I'll be on my way.
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 10:48am
Since it is your first gun, II suggest an A-5 or 98c or a custom Pro. 
BigBlue22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBlue22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 10:54am
Well so far a lot of people are saying these Tippmanns and they're all semi-auto, so i guess i'll probably stick to a semi-auto tippmann. but now the question is which tippmann and wut to do with it. A lot of people hav said the A-5 with Flatline,Double trigger,and E-Grip
tippy279 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy279 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 6:50pm

Yup look in my sig its the key to life!  uh if you speedball or woodsball then the A-5 is a great gun I strongly reccommend it to you but take care of it and do get those upgrades!

My guns name is Mr. Max in remembrance of my dog that got hit by a car: Tippmann A-5
Ricochet R-5
JCS double Trigger
Tippmann E-Grip
Flatline Barrel

Do you have the need for speed?
brat mann View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Idiot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brat mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 8:46pm

I suggest a 98 Custom power pack, then upgrading from there.  It would allow you to see what you want to do with you gun, and the modifications aren't that expensive.  All depends on your taste.

Here are a couple of upgrade suggestions (Both inclued the mentioned powerpack)

For a Sniper I suggest the following:

Flatline

Stock (anything but folding)

Remote

Red dot sight

For a fast gun I suggest the following:

E-grip

12 inch J&J saramic which, from what I hear, you can clean a chop by fiering 2 to 3 times.  Won't clean it entierly, but a good bit. (blatently, the stock 8.5 inch sucks)

Drop forward of any kind

Double trigger

For both types:

PODS PODS PODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You will NEED at least 4.  I CANNOT stress this enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Harness (for those pods cuz pockets loose things.  Ive played 2 years, when I used my pockets I lost pods, Harnessed I lost half as many and the ones I did loose were because I did something stupid.)

Bigger tank.  The powerpack comes with a 9 oz, which just won't do.  Ime a Sniper and I ditched it quickly for a 12 oz.  (Yeah, I know 3 ounces isn't much of an improvement but ime shooten for a 20 next.)

Better mask, I like the Flex7 personally, but that's just me. (not sure of the brand, I know that's the name of the specific mask though)

I hope this helps.

Edited by brat mann
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic