FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Got a New gun...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
reclusivetorrid View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Look at me, I came out of my hole!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got a New gun...
    Posted: 18 July 2005 at 12:46pm
Hey gang, I just puchased an Ion...I know, please don't drown me in "nazi" posts.

I got my Ion with a 14" J&J Ceramic, and a trigger upgrade (Ball bearring(sp) blade).

Took it home and put about 500 rds of new paint and about 400 rnds of old paint (almost a year I think).

That is after I read the instructions and stripped it down to make sure that the manufacturer greased it up well. I was a little tricky to take apart, and the instructions in the owners manual leave alot to be desired. Once figured out it's really simple after that. The trigger in the gun is installed with a compression fitting so it hase to be removed with a hammer and a 1/8" pin remover. (looks alot like a finish nail inset).

Anyhow, back to the firing. With both the new and old paint the anti chop eye worked beautifully, not a single chop. I was using a Richochett AK hopper, and needless to say I now am going to have to get a new hopper. I out fired the richochett with ease. The kick is almost non-existent, and the accuracy was really kafargin good.   (Has more to do with paint/barrel match than anything else.)

I'd have to say that this gun is the best bang for the buck hands down.

Later

blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 1:13pm
what was your previouse gun? and why the ion? jw

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 1:43pm
Tippmann 98c

Why the Ion?...Price.

Later
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 2:31pm
Glad you found a gun you like
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 4:23pm
Yes I do like it. I also like angels . Just have never had the $$$ to get one.

Later
lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 5:11pm

yeah the instructions are hard to follow i had to have a friend take it apart for me to show me how to do it. how do you like the j&j im thinking about getting 1

hwayhzrd View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Out Getting a Beer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwayhzrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 9:45pm
I was with him when he bought it ... I must have one!!!
It looks supremely sweet with the J&J!!
If I attack, follow me

If I flee, kill me

If I die, avenge me

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 8:03am
The J&J is extremely accurate, and it has alot of porting so it's pretty darn quiet.
tippy279 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy279 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 3:40pm
IONS ARE SOO COOL!  Im JK but I like em okay.  Have fun with it.
My guns name is Mr. Max in remembrance of my dog that got hit by a car: Tippmann A-5
Ricochet R-5
JCS double Trigger
Tippmann E-Grip
Flatline Barrel

Do you have the need for speed?
Revolution13 View Drop Down
Doesnt use brain.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revolution13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 8:16pm
Ions are acutally the real deal. They are better than imps and non-vision shockers, so look for the imp to be discontinued. I also predict dye or wdp will follow with their own $300 dollar wonders.
Tippman A-5:
R/T
Freak Jr. Kit

Coming:
68/3000 Crossfire
D.O.P. Bullet Drop

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Doe-
"Good Kids" dont carry around .357's.
Dye Playa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested- Reposted Inapropiate Link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dye Playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 8:20pm
same. the ION controls that market.. it is really the only reliable, durable, and FAST gun in that 300 range. other comanies like DYE will probaly come out with somthin like that
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic