Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tippmann A5 or 98

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tippmann user View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tippmann A5 or 98
    Posted: 18 July 2005 at 12:27pm

do u think that the A5 or the 98 is better...... i say the A5 cus it has a higher firing rate a good lookin flatline and most of the upgrades r alot easier to install.  like the car stock on the A5 all u do is pull the 2 pins out and slide the stock in and then put the pins bak in its that easy. the 98 u have to unscrew the bolts and then take the 1 side off then put the stock into place then but the side back on then screw it back together.  if u like playing with intimidation buy the A5/ flat line/ car stock or full stock/ low presure kit/ drop forward (any one will work)/ and a scope or laser.  these make all the noobs call them selfs out before u even aim at them

RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 12:45pm
With the A-5 you can't reach the higher rates of fire that the 98 series offers. The A-5 with cyclone is capped at about 17.3bps or something like that. With the 98 series and a good hopper, you can well hit over 20 bps. Also both the A-5 and 98 series have the same amount of upgrades as the other.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 2:09am
this would be the wrong forum for a question like this. Try " which gun is best".
BigBlue22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBlue22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 10:13am

Well I'm new to paintball, but it seems that everyone wants an A-5 with E-grip, Flatline, and Double Trigger for best performance. Though they just came out with the cyclone feed for the 98 just like the A-5 so that increases the value of a 98...But i don't even know which gun i would choose lol...I would say the A-5

Tec13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tec13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 9:28pm

I would Chose the 98 Custom i have worked on a paintball field for about 4 years now and i have seen some parts on the A-5 break that could not brake on 98 and also as BigBlue22 says the Cyclone feed that is coming out (looks Sweet) just gets rid of the only advantage that i could see of with the A-5. 

Markers Currently Own: 160
DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DracoPlasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 12:29am
Well i had a 98 and a-5 and recently sold the a-5 its a good gun but in general i preffer the 98

blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 3:04am
custom pro....love it, just have to stop that leak then its all good.....but 98 for now

HeadshotJester View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 5:04pm
Dude the A-5 is way better in every way possible its way easier to upgrade, better stock than the 98 ... too many advantages to list. if u got the money get the A-5

Vote for Stewie!
A-5Balla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5Balla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 7:10pm
Well personally id say the a-5
Looks way better imo
faster feed system= no chops
only thing is the feed system limits its speed you cant go over 18 bps without realliy start gettin into problems. id say go for the a-5 but the 98 is more customizable with more after market parts. and can also be made faster if you want to play speedball. just my 2 cents the a-5 is more of a woodsball gun and the 98 is more of both speedball and woods.

** A-5 Balla **
Upgradeds:
Bone Stock

More to come soon

I am wanting to get the E-Grip and equip it with the new W.A.S board rated at 25+ bps
DOP blade trigger
Sargent Duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sargent Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 9:38pm
Having shot both, I like the 98 better. I've found it to be lighter, and a tad quiter (although both are loud) Playing front position in speedball, I found the A5's to be awkward, while the 98 was easily "tuckable". And as cool as the cyclone is, it does limit you, if you want to go with faster bps. Since the cyclone is out for the 98, what advantage the A5 did have is gone now.
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 10:23pm
like is said custom pro.......but what Sargent Duck says the cyclone is out for the 98, so there basically the same gun now, just look different, and use different internals, well somewhat different

98Cussssssstam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98Cussssssstam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 10:42pm
id say get a custom pro becuase u can get the egrip for them and they are just like the 98 and look relly sweet with the scenaro kits on them or jsut get a flatline witha car stock and remoit coil pretty pemp if u ask me
thelud50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelud50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 11:11pm
the 98 is way better, cuz of the wide aray of mods and fireing capabilities, this is my setup so far: 98 custom,black to electric blue fade paint job, flame drop forward, empire on/off, starfire bolt, vertical adapter, boblong style expansion chamber, empire twister barrel,full boar rear cocking system w/dice cocker(my mod), double trigger, ect.
don't suck at life
Tippmann_Werks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann_Werks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 8:21am

Just bringing up something that seems to be overlooked by a few people here...The A-5 might sure as well cycle slower with the cyclone...however, did yall ever see the mod that Tippmann Effect did to solve that?

If you check out some of their pics, you will see that they are using A-5's that have had the Cyclone removed, and now have a vertical feedneck in place of it.  This allows them to throw any kind of hopper up there that they want to...can you say, Halo on an A-5? 

Oh, and im not siding with the A-5, cause im a HUGE 98 Custom fan.  I myself am trying to pick up a Custom Pro E in the near future, and i'd suggest that anyone trying to get a reliable, easy to maintain speedball gun, that they should grab one of these.

Unofficial Tippmann On-Field Spokesperson
-Bunkering Non-Tippmann users since 1999
Vraptor View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spamming 11/1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vraptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 9:49am
Im still going with the A5 cuz u can Remove the cyclone easily to place an e-hopper and it saves gas. BTW i really like 98 Custtom pros but i like the a5 better. Oh and aother reason im siding with the A-5 is im proving that a-5s are better.

Edited by Vraptor
My review on the JT headshield:
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/?prod=2390&sort=new

Tippmann A-5
Remote
Flatline
RT
Car stock
snipeundercover View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snipeundercover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 4:21pm

Which marker should i get an, A-5 or a 98 ?

tippmann-a-5_32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann-a-5_32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 5:20pm

go for the a-5 i have 1 and it kicks ass

Edited by tippmann-a-5_32
tippmann-a-5_32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann-a-5_32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 5:21pm

Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

this would be the wrong forum for a question like this. Try " which gun is best".

he is in the right forum

Vraptor View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spamming 11/1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vraptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 9:36pm
A-5 is BY FAR better. Looks, feel, and has the same upgrades
My review on the JT headshield:
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/?prod=2390&sort=new

Tippmann A-5
Remote
Flatline
RT
Car stock
HeadshotJester View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2005 at 12:09pm
ok let me clear all this up. the cyclone doesn't use any more gas than a plastic 5 dollar 200 rod hopper from walmart. it uses the excess gas from the blowback which would have been wasted unless the cyclone wasn't there to put it to good use. Plkus the A-5 has a closed bolt so the only way dirt and crap is gonna get in is thru the barrel and thru the breech. if u got the money get the A-5 it will be cheaper than the custom with the cyclone. If you still can't decide read the great guns post a few above this one

Vote for Stewie!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic