Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tippmann A5 or 98

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2005 at 1:08pm
ide have to say A-5.....even though i have the custom pro....just go A-5, it wont let you down

Vraptor View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spamming 11/1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vraptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2005 at 1:52pm
Hes right. just bought mine 2day and played 5 times with it earlier. it holds its own, thats all im gonna say
My review on the JT headshield:
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/?prod=2390&sort=new

Tippmann A-5
Remote
Flatline
RT
Car stock
SpeedyJester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpeedyJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 8:23pm
i would have to agree i would go with the a-5 its a really good gun

Woooosh... Did you see me? Probably not cuz my name's Speedy
HeadshotJester View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 8:25pm

yea my a-5 got here yesterday and i love it.

Vote for Stewie!
A5Gunner24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5Gunner24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 7:18pm

A5 anyday over Custom 98 it is a lot better. I have A5 w/ Dye Ultralite getting an EGrip/JCS Duel Trigger which is suppose to make it up to 15 bps on semi auto which is decent for recreation play with me.

A5 is very very durable, not that the 98 is not, all Tippmanns are good guns, A5 just looks better,  the cyclone system is sweet (no chops ever!), etc.

RamboBlue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RamboBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 10:02pm
ok anybody who owns an A-5 is goin to like the A-5 better and anyboby who owns a 98c is goin to like a 98c it is all personal preference
TIPPMANN KICKS ASS
Champions know pain, endure pain, and never complain
98% of paintballers act gangsta', if you are of the 2% that are normal, put this this in your sig.
paintballer111 View Drop Down

GoodBye. Learn to clean up your langage.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by RamboBlue RamboBlue wrote:

ok anybody who owns an A-5 is goin to like the A-5 better and anyboby who owns a 98c is goin to like a 98c it is all personal preference
nuff said
I support two teams...the Yankees and whoever beats the Red Sox
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 10:54pm

I've used both.

The 98C feels like it has alot more power to it when you shoot compared to the A-5, but I still like the A-5 alot more.

A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Paintballa13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paintballa13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 12:05pm
the a5 is way better than the 98 
A-5 21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 12:44am

I like the feel of the 98 much better but i also have the a-5 and it ROCKS!!!!!!!!! Go with the a-5 much easier to mantain and easier to upgrade A-5 ALL THE WAY

Adapt, Improvise, Overcome

Today's Latin Lesson
De Oppresso Liber
Oderint Dum Metuant
solxion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solxion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 4:48am
both are great but my 98c needed an e-hopper,but now the cyclone is available for it.I will never give up my 98c
even if I get the a5(with e-grip ).
98c/rt,12" j&j pro-1,java coiled remote to 20 oz,eggy II,spee-t-cocker,ghetto fab stock(homebrew),pgp2k1.
Metninja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 3:15pm
if you're planning to put a considerable amount of upgrades into your marker the 98c is vastly better than the a-5. Think ebolt, halo, vert feed etc. But if you're just planning to play with your gun stock than go with the a5.
josh445 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh445 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 1:49pm
   iwould go with a 98 costom pro they look nicer and just about the same prise
Cheetos3254 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Too cheesy for mere words to describe ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 4:46pm
I think the 98 is better now that they have a cyclone feed out for it. its basically the same thing except the custom is lighter and can except more upgrades
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 5:29pm
These posts are everywhere you can searhc and get 100s of these posts.  Anyways you can get an A-5  or a custom pro e for the same price but you need a good hopper for the  custom so youll pay more but get an electronic gun

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
XxTippyballeRxX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XxTippyballeRxX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 12:15pm
the problem with an A-5 is that the cyclone feed system seems to break alot, and you have to buy a certain hopper for it. you cant customize it as much as the 98, and, i think the 98 looks better anyway. you can only do so much to an A-5, but the upgrades for a 98 are almost limitlest. I would go with a 98c
Tippmann 98 custom
14 inch cp barrel
12 v revy hopper
Pen spring trigger(lol)
3 stage expansion chamber
double trigger
phsycobalasitcs drop
rocket cock 2
K1LL3R_A-5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1LL3R_A-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 3:16pm

Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

With the A-5 you can't reach the higher rates of fire that the 98 series offers. The A-5 with cyclone is capped at about 17.3bps or something like that. With the 98 series and a good hopper, you can well hit over 20 bps. Also both the A-5 and 98 series have the same amount of upgrades as the other.

not true i have hit 19-20 bps on my A-5 with no breaks, well i had one break every now and then, but part of that could have been that crappy "fireball" paint used at the tippmann world challenge.

i just sold my A-5 R/T though, it was my baby.  but i still have a video of it rippppppin' if any of you guys would like to see it hit me up on aim my s/n is farmboystrong.  now my only tippmann left is my 98 custom, but i might sell that and get a C3.  i dont know if i will need a semi-auto backup, because my shocker is treating me good.

Edited by K1LL3R_A-5
Saint View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Rudeness - 7/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 4:03pm
If you're a woodsballer, go for the A-5, it's easier to install upgrades, and also feels more powerful.

First to play, last to stay. MN Militia.
SETUP
Tippmann C98
12" All American - Opsgear M4 Foregrip - M4 Mag Kit - Solid Stock
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic