Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Loose A-5 Barrel Adapter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolution13 View Drop Down
Doesnt use brain.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revolution13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loose A-5 Barrel Adapter
    Posted: 17 July 2005 at 7:13pm

My stock barrel adapter wont stay still. It moves around in about 3/4 of a circle but won't lock in. It even fell out but i put it back in. Should I like glue it? idk, please help.

Edited by Revolution13
Tippman A-5:
R/T
Freak Jr. Kit

Coming:
68/3000 Crossfire
D.O.P. Bullet Drop

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Doe-
"Good Kids" dont carry around .357's.
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 7:20pm
Are all of the threads intact? I remember someone havign this problem once, and I just can't recall how it was fixed...grr...

Edited by Frozen Balls

Doesnt use brain.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revolution13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 7:54pm
everything is in good order it happened the 2nd time I used my gun but I didnt bother to post until now.
Tippman A-5:
R/T
Freak Jr. Kit

Coming:
68/3000 Crossfire
D.O.P. Bullet Drop

Doesnt use brain.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revolution13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 12:05pm
Anyone?
Tippman A-5:
R/T
Freak Jr. Kit

Coming:
68/3000 Crossfire
D.O.P. Bullet Drop

blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 1:21pm
do you have any orings on it?

Doesnt use brain.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revolution13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 1:23pm
you don't put orings or it. Its not the part that the barrel to adapter is the problem. Its that the adapter won't lock into the gun.
Tippman A-5:
R/T
Freak Jr. Kit

Coming:
68/3000 Crossfire
D.O.P. Bullet Drop

Metal_Nutz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal_Nutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Revolution13 Revolution13 wrote:

My stock barrel adapter wont stay still. It moves around in about 3/4 of a circle but won't lock in. It even fell out but i put it back in. Should I like glue it? idk, please help.

are you sure your putting it all the way in because it only turns 90 degrees or 1/4 a turn before it locks

Can't sleep forums will eat me
DarkSideEchoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkSideEchoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 6:02pm

The exact same thing happened to me, your barrel adapter is too small for your gun, call tippmann they will send you a slightly larger one.

tippy279 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy279 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 1:44pm
I had the same problem either spray paint it black to add thickness or send it to Tippmann.  Also unscrew all front screws alittle and put it in and twist it to see if you cant get it in there a little better.
My guns name is Mr. Max in remembrance of my dog that got hit by a car: Tippmann A-5
Ricochet R-5
JCS double Trigger
Tippmann E-Grip
Flatline Barrel

Do you have the need for speed?
Blaze SA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaze SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2005 at 4:51am
I have the exact same prob... make shure it locks in one side the tighten the allens tight. That should hold it in place.
My cocker is the best looking around... my gun too !
JKLNHYD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKLNHYD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2005 at 4:14pm

I had that problem also.  I split the 2 halves of the gun and found that during painting, more paint had built up at that end of the gun. I assume they hang the halves with the back up 'cause this is a common problem.  Anyway I used #00 steel wool and went all around the seam where the 2 halves meet to ensure no other restriction points.  Be careful to not take off more than just the extra paint or the gun will leak.  I then put the thing back together and tightened the back screws first then to the front.  (I dont know if that is necessary but thought it might help.) 

scott essery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott essery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 2:25pm
Ive got this problem too

ive replced the two screws above and below the adaptor but its made no difference.  As long as i make sure its 'locked' whe i use it, it wont fall out.  wehn i try to unscrew the barrel the adaptor moves and has fallen out twice.

im not too worried
hard, fast and fun!
GRRWingNut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRRWingNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 7:25pm

You could also fix this by wrapping it in electritians tape, once or twice around and it should fit well

jj

A5RT Specops A5A2 kit
Soon a Flatline with UMS shroud, and Specops F.O.G. grip
DriverJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DriverJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 11:59pm
I have the same exact problem, I'll be calling Tippmann tomorrow... 
danieljk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieljk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2006 at 12:29am
Wow sounds like a faulty shipment.
O look, there's nothing here!
CHUNGENILE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHUNGENILE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2006 at 1:22pm

If you have the old barrel adaptor without the oring in it call tippmann and tell them about your problem. Tell them that your friend told you, you needed the new barrel adaptorn with the oring in it. They should send it out for free.

Tippmann's number
800 533 4831

A-5
egrip WAS BOARD
QEV
Palmers Stab
LPK
Ricochet Hopper
Polished Internals
Crossfire 68 4500
Lapco Bigshot
JCS Trigger