FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I donít care anymore HEREíS THE SCOOP!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 4:45pm
It was really childish. Something like playing ignore in kindergarden.
-ProDigY- View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 4/20 faliure to follow sig rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ProDigY- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 4:46pm
I figured it would be too much to jump straight to Jesus, but
that's where I was heading.

If you are, infact, greater than Jesus then I guess you can make fun
of Johnny Thunders' hair.

Edited by -ProDigY-
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by hwayhzrd hwayhzrd wrote:

Originally posted by agentwhale007. agentwhale007. wrote:

Who cares, It was no need for a sticky.

Whale, that is not your call now, is it?

If you have a problem, sorry about your luck.

For every negative (Whale), I am getting dozens of positives.

Such is life, and this is how it is.

Deal.

If the forum is calming down, great ... let's keep it that way.

Ditto.

While discussions may get heated from time to time, it is something else entirely to actively seek to squeeze somebody out of the forum, regardless of the particular childish mechanism being used.

Granted that many of our forumers are just out of grade school - that does not mean we can't expect better.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

I still am sort of lost on that concept. A mature attempt at eliminating the flame fests that ALWAYS sprung up in those threads. People tried keeping it civil, but we saw how well that worked, so we figured a seperation was a good solution. I don't see it as an "attempt to get someone banned," as we were no longer saying ANYTHING to, or about the individual in question. It was never intended to have a negative impact. Those who participated have been here a while, and really like this forum. We'd hate to see this forum go down the drain, and it was a decent approach to eliminate the flaming and cursing.

I still say thanks to the mods for cracking down.

Merely choosing to not participate in flawed debates is not a bad thing.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Originally posted by hwayhzrd hwayhzrd wrote:

Originally posted by agentwhale007. agentwhale007. wrote:

Who cares, It was no need for a sticky.

Whale, that is not your call now, is it?

If you have a problem, sorry about your luck.

For every negative (Whale), I am getting dozens of positives.

Such is life, and this is how it is.

Deal.

If the forum is calming down, great ... let's keep it that way.

Ditto.

While discussions may get heated from time to time, it is something else entirely to actively seek to squeeze somebody out of the forum, regardless of the particular childish mechanism being used.

Granted that many of our forumers are just out of grade school - that does not mean we can't expect better.

The "movement" is really being taken poorly I see. It wasn't an attempt to eliminate someone, it was an attempt to eliminate the events that occured between that someone, and the rest of the forum. We have no power to get people to leave the forum, it's not our place. We just didn't want to see anymore rediculous debates, far off topic, and no longer civil.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

I still am sort of lost on that concept. A mature attempt at eliminating the flame fests that ALWAYS sprung up in those threads. People tried keeping it civil, but we saw how well that worked, so we figured a seperation was a good solution. I don't see it as an "attempt to get someone banned," as we were no longer saying ANYTHING to, or about the individual in question. It was never intended to have a negative impact. Those who participated have been here a while, and really like this forum. We'd hate to see this forum go down the drain, and it was a decent approach to eliminate the flaming and cursing.

I still say thanks to the mods for cracking down.

Merely choosing to not participate in flawed debates is not a bad thing.

Yeah, but thats not what that PM was advocating. It was talking about completely snuffing out 2 forumers.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Choop Choop wrote:

Those who participated have been here a while, and really like this forum.
I've been here just as long if not longer then most of the forum, excluding the mods. SO what makes you think you can disrespect me/ignore me for something that happened last month?

I've made a U-turn, I havn't fought once since I turned. Sure, i've participated in debates, but they were friendly and civil. When fellow forumers saw the ways ome of the debates were going,t hey PERSONALLY asked me to calm down and takle a break. And you know what? I did.

Like i've told you, take it to me personally and respect me, and you will see how nice of a guy I can be. Disrespect me, and you won't get respect in return.

Edited by Linus

Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 11:20pm
Exactly, choopie911. We disagree with the 'logic' and 'reasoning' this forumer uses; it is extremely grating on the nerves. Especially when this forumer is constantly proven incorrect and won't own up to it.

I hope that didn't sound disrespectful.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

I hope that didn't sound disrespectful.
No, except for the fact that I have a name other then "this forumer"

Like I said, give me respect and I give it to you.

If you prove me wrong, say it in a nice way, not "Pwned" or "You suck" or "Yoy lose shut up"

When clark proves me wrong, I'm told in a pilite way. And when I see proof of me being wrong I go "I stand corrected"

Case in point, I said the US neevr killed civilians.

Clark replied about the nukes. I stated back "I stand corrected"

Edited by Linus

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 11:34pm
I dont recall yelling "PWNED" at you. Merely participating in the debates in a way that I am now, waiting for you to own up to your faulted logic, that many others pointed out. Look, linus, you've already taken this to PM, lets leave this thread be, so it doesnt turn into exactly what it's trying to prevent. Ok? If you agree with us leaving it, post "aye"
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 11:37pm
No, I'm fine with posting in here, there's a sense of calmness because we can get out point accross and know that the mods can actually moderate it if it gets out of hand, or some forumer I trust can tell me when I'm over stepping my bounds.

I HAVE owned up to some of my faults, hence

Originally posted by me me wrote:

Case in point, I said the US never killed civilians.

Clark replied about the nukes. I stated back "I stand corrected"

DId I not state that 12 minutes before you wrote?

Listen, I see where you guys are coming from, but you have to look where I'm coming from too. I've learned from my mistake I made back in June.

When was the last time I got in a flamefest with anyone?

June 12th. The day I got guested. It's been over a month and I've tried to keep things civil and when I saw things going sour, did I not say "This is going bad, I'm done posting in here"

I'm acting with maturity, some other forumers are NOT.

Edited by Linus

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 12:20am
I blame the schools
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 12:26am
NOT IN THE MODS THREAD.

Please, do the world a favor, learn how to let stuff roll off your back.
Juggalo6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juggalo6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 3:46am
yall need to chill out its the internet and 9 out of ten people here are eiher schoolkids or nerds besides whats the point of getting ed are you gonna reach through yer computer and deck someone? no? there u go
Magic Magic Ninjas, Whaaat!!!!
rockerdoode View Drop Down

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 3:49am
What the hell did I miss?
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 4:03am

Originally posted by rockerdoode rockerdoode wrote:

What the hell did I miss?

I don't know, I missed it too.  (Shrugs shoulders and shakes head.)

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 4:04am
Linus purpetuated a debate again. It dragged on more than it had to.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 9:26am

Linus purpetuated a debate again. It dragged on more than it had to.
Not quite.. me and Choopie finished the discussion in PM's and we're fine now.

Not quite a debate, there'd have to be an objective for it to be a debate.

CDAC, do a bigger favor and mind your own business.

cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

CDAC, do a bigger favor and mind your own business.

Now see, This is how Linus starts flame fests. But, Im going to walk away and be the bigger man, cause someone has lots of growing up to do.

Hway, I love the idea, lets hope it gets though all forumers heads.
hwayhzrd View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Out Getting a Beer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwayhzrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 1:04pm

For those of you who have forgotten what you agreed to when you became a member of this forum ...

Forum Rules and Policies

If you agree with the following rules then click on the 'Accept' button at the bottom of the page if not click on the 'Cancel' button.

When you register you are required to give a small amount of information, much of which is optional, anything you do give must be considered as becoming public information.

You agree not to use this forum to post any material which is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws. You also agree that you will not post any copyrighted material that is not owned by yourself or the owners of these forums.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this forum and their agents with respect to any claim based upon any post you may make. We also reserve the right to reveal whatever information we know about you in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by yourself.

Although messages posted are not the responsibility of this forum and we are not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. If you do find any posts are objectionable then please contact the forum by e-mail.

The Federal Trade Commission's Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) requires that Web Sites are to obtain parental consent before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under 13. If you are below 13 then you can NOT use this forum. Do NOT register if you are below the age of 13.

By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.

Remember now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic