FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wake up hostages!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

whos wrong
Not me, becasue I said US and Brit hostages aren't released. They only showed French and Aussi...I didn't see American or Brits in there...

Stalin, I believe I put that fire out

Well considering Australia was owned by the Brits.  But he technically isn't a Brit.  With my reasoning we would be Brits too.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by WGP guy WGP guy wrote:

Well considering Australia was owned by the Brits. But he
technically isn't a Brit. With my reasoning we would be Brits too.
SO... Mbro.. where's the ownage?

lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 11:15pm
im sure the try
Fan of Flip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fan of Flip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 12:02am

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Ide lunge forward so they would shoot me. I couldnt stand having me head sawed off with a dull blade. Ide rather be shot.
This is my thinking have you ever been shot in the head and killed instantly it can't hurt that bad and your choises are well get shot to death instantly or almost instantly or get beat burnt and all that other luvly stuff i would do somethign to get shot instantly less pain and you actuly doing more of something. Either way you probly going to die died the less painless and less "okay i can't think of another word for there".

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 12:04am
Ide get shot in the chest, it really doesnt matter, as long as im not experiencing someone slowly saw through my neck.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 1:31am
All the news articles say Gary Teeley is British....so Linus...stop trying to argue semantics.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 1:43am
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

All the news articles say Gary Teeley is British....so Linus...stop trying to argue semantics.
Or he could just stop being a tool, but I don't see that happening

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
benttwig33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Whiner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benttwig33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 2:14am
Why worry?
Team America should come to the rescue!
Sig is WAY too big.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 8:38am
Forget release - you just might get rescued.  Or the war might end.  Or your captors might die of smallpox.  Or alien invasion.  Or something.  They all might happen - if you are still alive.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 9:52am

Ok, I stand corrected.

ONE guy. ONE Brit. Now show me an American that has been released.

Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 1:15pm
se·man·tics (s-mntks)
n.
  1. The study or science of meaning in language forms.

Ok, I stand corrected.

ONE guy. ONE Brit. Now show me an American that has been released.

Okay, then, kid, I'll argue semantics this time.

Stalin, think about it, when was the last time they released an American or British hostage?

Quote You will be beheaded anyhow, so WHY NOT fight back?

First, you said "American or British"—not "American and British." The logic/meaning (which basically is semantics) of these two words is simple. Maybe the best way to illustrate it is through a conditional:

If Ejp414's name includes Erick or Smith, then I am a white teenage boy. According to that statement, since my name is Erick John Piller and it says "or", then I am still a white teenage boy. But if it were If Ejp414's name includes Erick and Smith, then I am a white teenage boy, then I would not be a white teenage boy because the "and" is not fulfilled since Smith is not part of my name. Get it? Semantics prove that you are wrong because the statement we are arguing (as derived from your two quotes) is this:

If a British or American hostage has been freed, then Linus' point that you will always be beheaded anyway is incorrect.

The "or" has been fulfilled with Dune's example, and you are incorrect. Now, that's semantics for you, Linus. It's not very fun or fair, is it?

Edited by Ejp414

No Quarter View Drop Down

Have change for a dollar?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No Quarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 2:27pm
I didn't read every single post on this thread, so sorry if this has
been posted already.

My nieghbor spends a lot of time in Iraq contracting as a
personal security guard. He said the point really, is to not be
taken alive in the first place. There are people over there that
wear a .45 under their jacket, and have already made up their
mind that NOBODY is getting them into a car alive.

When they first come to take you is your prime moment, and the
best chance you have of fighting back. Sitting, tied up in an
orange jumpsuit with a dozen guns pointed at you is a little too
late.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 3:40pm
Yupp.. EJP got me there, though I never brought up the word semantics and never said I'd argue like that (unless you say argueing with technicalities is semantics)

Yes, Dune got me with the "or" but didn't I also state before that "if one has been released, I didn't hear about it"

There's semantics for ya too

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 7:33pm

What you guys FAIL to see is the number of American and British hostages thta have been released. Zero that I've heard of....

Iran Contra Affair anyone?
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Iran Contra Affair anyone?
Huh?

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 7:37pm
google it.

I suck at linking on this website. You know where to go.

Edited by Gatyr
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 7:38pm
LMAO page not found

ok read it...

True true, but still, that's Iran, tryign to avoid a war. Not a bunch of militants that want to kill every American they can.

Edited by Linus

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 7:47pm
Bah!

Story

Damnit, Sometimes I hate when I'm right.

They supposedly killed hte last SEAL that was missing.

hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 8:14pm

Linus, where you high when you made this thread?  I don't know bout you, but I'd find it hard to fight back with my hands in zip-ties behind my back.  Also, if a SEAL can't take some terrorists holding him hostage, what makes you think you could?  There is always a chance of being rescued, so why not take what's comming to you like a man and hope for rescue.  Life isn't like Hollywood.

Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by hashi2008 hashi2008 wrote:

so why not take what's comming to you like a man and hope for rescue.

Kinda contradictory...

though the SEAL story hasn't been proved yet, it does make me think.

But also, We don't know if he fought back, I'm usre a terrorist wouldn't say "Ya, your commando beat the crap out of a couple of my mean, so we killed him"

I'm sure he tried something.. but also he is a soldier, so I'm sure they watched him closer then an average civilian hostage.

But it does make me think...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic