FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wake up hostages!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by MagicMikeBB MagicMikeBB wrote:

I'd rather get shot than get my head sawed off.

Edited by WGP guy
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:36pm
Right, Rambo because it worked really well on that September 11th flight.....

Edited by Hades

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:36pm
When there is life there is hope.  No hope when you are dead.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:36pm
I think a lot of people "wish" they could do that, but would fold under the pressure of being afraid, hungry, tired, and beat. But I guess it's fun to pretend to be in that situation....however morbid that may be.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Have you ever been stabbed? By anything, especially as sharp as a razor? You'll know then why you don't want to fight, especially against something as nasty as a boxcutter.

Yes I have been stabbed, yes I have been cut by box cutters.

They are small blades. I'm 6'1", my amr can reach ~3 feet, my legs can kick about 4 feet.

Those terrorist were small, they weren't Shaq height. They don't have as long a arm span as a lot of people, much less leg span. So, get up, kick them and other will eventually join and help.

The only ones that I give an excuse for is the pilots, becasue thye had the blades to their necks.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:40pm
If you truly have been stabbed by and object, regardless of where it's located, it almost completely debilitates you. My bullcrap meter is going off, but I'll let it slide. I've seen big guys stabbed in the arm with dull scissors and it put them to their knees, and they weren't getting up. You don't fight because you want it live, it's human, but I guess when you watch a lot of movies where the good guy always gets out of those situations, it'll give you the idea you can do it too.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:43pm
DUne, don't tell me what I have and have not done.

I didn't sya I was stabbed in a fight, but I have been stabbed. I know the feeling, I know what you are talking about.

But a simple cut on the leg is nothing if it means taking a terrorist down.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:44pm
Once again, someone who hasn't been in that situation tries to comment on what should and should not have been done.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:46pm

Once again, someone who hasn't been in that situation tries to comment on what should and should not have been done.
Like you are doing to me... hmmm

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:47pm

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Like you are doing to me... hmmm

What, that doesn't even make sense? I'm not saying what you "should have done" because I have no idea what you're talking about. However, you have repeatedly stated the "smart" thing to do, which is completely ignorant.

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:55pm
Haha! [Insert Dave Chappel's Slap Joke here.]

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:58pm
Dune, tell me how wanting to fight for your life is ignorant?

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 3:01pm
You're saying that what they did was wrong and that they should do it "this way." That is completely ignorant. I don't see you in a life threating position where either you wait to may be killed or you take action now, risking your life in a one shot chance to survive, and if not then you get to die in a blaze of glory. As hollywood as it may seem, that's not how a person's life ends but usually in whimpers, pain, loss of blood, crying, praying for a god, and defication of your pants. What a blaze of glory that is. I'd risk it to maybe be let go later on.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 3:04pm
My guess would be the non smart thing to do since it only works on the Lifetime Movie Channels. Out of all the hostages incidents how many hostages ever fought, killed and escaped their captors? I would say none... How many hostages have been released or rescued? My guess more than none. Therefore, not resisting and being alive is better.

Edited by Hades

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 3:05pm

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

My guess would be the non smart thing to do since it only works on the Lifetime Movie Channels. Out of all the hostages incidents how many hostages ever fought, killed and escaped their captors? I would say none... How many hostages have been release or rescue? My guess more than non. Therefore, not resisting and being alive is better.

Whoa whoa whoa, don't be using none of that logic witch craft stuff on us. We as Americans like to shoot first ask questions never. Fight them off with a stick as they come at us one at a time, because the movies said so.

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 3:06pm
Yeah, Yeah. I know Logic is the work of the Devil. I have been hearing it for centuries...

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 3:07pm

Yeah, Yeah. I know Logic is the work of the Devil. I have been hearing it for centuries...

Haha too good. Well I'm out for a while, take care.

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 3:08pm
Yup. Stay safe.

WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 3:39pm

Out of all the hostages incidents how many hostages ever fought, killed and escaped their captors? I would say none... How many hostages have been released or rescued? My guess more than none. Therefore, not resisting and being alive is better.

But lets way in how many hostages have been beheaded and tortured.  I'd say more than twice as many as have been released.  So lets see, its most likely you will be tortured and beheaded than getting released or fighting and escaping.  So would you rather take the chance of enduring unimmaginabel pain for days, weeks at a time, or die with much less pain.
GhettoSmurf View Drop Down
Thou shall not pretend to break the law.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhettoSmurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 3:56pm

If you were smart (like me...kinda) you'd assess the situation "are they gonna cap me? or will i get rescued?"

then make your decision from there, if it looks like there's no hope, try your hardest  to escape, if tahts impossible, go down shooting not tied up with a bullet in your head

Dan Long
Spyder Electra DX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic