FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wake up hostages!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 1:38pm
I guess that "Blaze o' Glory" ideal runs deep in some people.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 1:41pm
me and linus?
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 1:42pm
Well... there's a degree of uncertainty...

Are you being forced to kneel down in order to make a video statement?   Or are you being forced to kneel down to be beheaded?

There have been several hostages who were forced to do the former, and were able to later escape, or be rescued.

So... do I fight and die now? Or do I still have a chance of being freed?

Easy for us sitting in our armchairs to judge and make recommendations. But we're not there.

Whoops... in reading the replies again, I could have basically just quoted Dune and said "ditto". :)
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 1:42pm
Until it runs all over the ground as they gasp for their last breath.

I would like to think I would attempt to save myself but in reality I doubt I would do it. I think I would be better off escaping by knawing off my shackles or hands.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 1:43pm

Originally posted by ShortyBP ShortyBP wrote:

Well... there's a degree of uncertainty...

Are you being forced to kneel down in order to make a video statement?   Or are you being forced to kneel down to be beheaded?

There have been several hostages who were forced to do the former, and were able to later escape, or be rescued.

So... do I fight and die now? Or do I still have a chance of being freed?

Easy for us sitting in our armchairs to judge and make recommendations. But we're not there.

Whoops... in reading the replies again, I could have basically just quoted Dune and said "ditto". :)

Haha, I do that all the time, usually it's Clark or someone that beats me to the point.

Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 1:52pm
they'd be better at making us die if they made us fight each other and last one alive gets to leave...
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:00pm
Send them a copy of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdrome and tell Al-Zarqawi to put on a Tina Turner wig.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:05pm
Hell, even if you ARE shackled, they have to hold yout o move you,so bite them! I'm sure terrorist taste like chicken since they kill unamred women and children...

I'd rtaher die fighting and never have the tape released, then to be beheaded and have the whole world see what i coward I am for not fighting back against people lower then dirt.

Edited by Linus

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:15pm
That's a lot of talk.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

That's a lot of talk.
You're one to talk.

Edited by Linus

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:17pm
I can at least admit it when I'd want to preserve my life, when I know that coming down to it I can at leat fall back on my statements to be true, and not just say things to make me look good.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:17pm
ohhh i see some love in the forum!
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

I can at least admit it when I'd want to preserve my life, when I know that coming down to it I can at leat fall back on my statements to be true, and not just say things to make me look good.
I want to preserve my life too, but I'd rather die fighting then peacefully or forcefully.

And my statements are true too..

Hey, me saying I'll fight bakc isn't makeing me look too good in some peoples eyes (you're apparently) but it's what I would do.

Every less terrorist a hostage takes out, less there are blowing up our convoys, killing other innocents, trying to destroy the west.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:21pm
Terrorists are not a population that can be taken down and not replaced. If that was the case then the cells would not want them to be suicide bombers, just bombers. Killing one terrorist does not bring the tally down, it might have opposite effect. That's why this "kill all the terrorist" idea is stupid, because it can't happen.
AngelSlayer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by oreomann33 oreomann33 wrote:

I'm sure thats would you would do linus. You're so much smarter then those hostages.
Don't patronize me...

first, thats not really patronizing, that is just sarcasm, now if i put you into a situation like that, or more minor, have you ever witnessed a really bad car accident, most people see it and get kinda sick and shaky and nervous and dont wanna do anything, though they are not involved they are experiencing some type of shock, a small percentage of people will go to see the victims, being taken hostage is far worse,

it is easy to sit back outside of that type of situation and tell people what they should have done, its back seat driving, if you were in that situation i would guess you would do the same thing, most people would, they just cant admit it,

i cant believe people seriously criticize someone who has been taken hostage

P.S. if you will remember September 11, 2001, a few brave Americans on a particular airplane flying over Pennsylvania did that....you remember......they yelled "Let's Roll" and attacked a few terrorists stopping a potentially more horrific tragedy

Edited by AngelSlayer

Hey, Pate, it does feel good to be a gangster.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:24pm
Dune, I see your point, but not killing terrorist will be even WORSE.

We have to take terrorist out when we have the chance, execution style, battle style, w/e

When other prospective terrorist see that we take no prisnors, they will think twice.

That's why we are doing multiple fronts, we are getting rid of their money assets, getting rid of their leaders, and getting rid of THEM.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:27pm
Execution style? I know you're serious, that's what scares me. You claim in one thread how we aren't as savage as others, yet if we kill them without true link to actuall terrorist attacks, we are no better than them. We as a country, and as a world must combat it together, but not through the senseless hunt and kill like you advocate. Ejp pretty much summed it up earlier though.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:29pm
So you endorse the Christian Crusader Terrorist against the Islamic Terrorist course of action, Bugg?....

Edited by Hades

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:33pm
Dune,w e don't kill innocent people for fun. We kill bad people that want to cause harm to people. Thats not savagry...

Angel
Originally posted by Dictionary Dictionary wrote:

# To treat in a condescending manner.
You were patronizng me.

I know, it's much different when you are there, but they know they are going ot die most of the time, why just take it?

And, yes, those people did try and get the plane back, but I don't call them heros.

They were saving their lives first, others second.

And somethign that makes me wonder more is, box cutter blades are 3" MAX.

Now, if I saw someone with a box cutter trying to hijack a plane, I'd stand my ass up and fight back. Only fatal strike froma box cutter is yoru throat, and last I checked, those terrorist didn't have a 8' arm span. Kick them in the hand and FIGHT THEM.

Edited by Linus

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:35pm

Have you ever been stabbed? By anything, especially as sharp as a razor? You'll know then why you don't want to fight, especially against something as nasty as a boxcutter.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic