Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

God?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Poll Question: Does God Exsist?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
57 [51.35%]
54 [48.65%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
fractus.scud View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
well I have no title

Joined: 23 February 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 925
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:44pm

Im not saying he's insignificant, just not to blame for every wrong thing that happens. God still plays an important role in Christians lives, I know he plays a great role in mine. Never cal me a Deist. I am a Catholic.

God doesn't play dice.
-- Albert Einstein

Obviously, Mr. Einstien, one of the smartest humans ever, believes in God.


Benny go home!
Back to Top
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
And my axe...

Joined: 21 May 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6831
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:44pm

Actually, a large percentage of science is theory, for which there is no statistic. Statistics are a part of science, but where science and religion disagree are typically on matters for which statistics are useless. There are no statistics for the creation of the world. So people argue over that. And that quote was a small part of the statement I was making. You said science proves that God is irrelevant-I said science has little to do with personal beliefs.

Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:45pm
So a 4 year old boy that is killed on the street has a purpose? He's "needed" somewhere. His life was only to spend a few innocent years in the world to only be torn from it and from his family? He is paying for society's woes? Nope, it's because there is nothing in control except for ourselves.
Back to Top
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
The Doors Of Perception

Joined: 31 March 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6331
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:45pm
NO.

Back to Top
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Joined: 26 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11662
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

You all claim how the US inslaves countries through business and debt,.


That would be the smittys - not the rest of us.



My point is that the Sick and dying of the world. God isnt causing this. Children in Northern Korea arent starving to death because god hates them, its because Kim Il Jong doesnt care.
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:47pm
But god saw it fit to help the Red Sox win? Hardly.
Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by fractus.scud fractus.scud wrote:

God doesn't play dice.
-- Albert Einstein

Obviously, Mr. Einstien, one of the smartest humans ever, believes in God.

No doubt that Mr. E believed in god - he was jewish.

But that quote relates to quantum theory, BTW, not religion.

Back to Top
fractus.scud View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
well I have no title

Joined: 23 February 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 925
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:47pm

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

So a 4 year old boy that is killed on the street has a purpose? He's "needed" somewhere. His life was only to spend a few innocent years in the world to only be torn from it and from his family? He is paying for society's woes? Nope, it's because there is nothing in control except for ourselves.

What does this have to do with anything, God didn't put him on Earth to get killed. Either, he got himself killed, or someone was a bad driver. Unless you have read the Bible with an open mind I can't explain to you about how God intervenes with us on Earth.


Benny go home!
Back to Top
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Joined: 26 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11662
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

So a 4 year old boy that is killed on the street has a purpose? He's "needed" somewhere. His life was only to spend a few innocent years in the world to only be torn from it and from his family? He is paying for society's woes? Nope, it's because there is nothing in control except for ourselves.


Now the father takes it upon himself to make a difference, five years later he becomes a policemen and one night on a domestic disturbence call he calls social services because he notices cigerete burns. Because he lost his son, he loves kids and pays special attnetion to them. Everything happens for a reason, some of it hurts.
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:49pm

So how does god intervene then? Or is he just used as a scapegoat, given thanks, and then overlooked with the bad stuff starts to happen.

Back to Top
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Joined: 26 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11662
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

But god saw it fit to help the Red Sox win? Hardly.


Why are you equating god to a baseball game?
Back to Top
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Joined: 26 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11662
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

So how does god intervene then? Or is he just used as a scapegoat, given thanks, and then overlooked with the bad stuff starts to happen.



We generaly dont see when he does intervene.
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:51pm

Just because I watched Curt Schilling claim that god helped him pitch the game. Very amusing.

If you insist that there is a god that is responsible for the good things, he better damn well be responsible for the bad things. Or else it just proves to me that there is nothing.

Back to Top
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Joined: 16 December 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5554
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:52pm

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

But god saw it fit to help the Red Sox win? Hardly.

Why do you say he helped?




saepe fidelis
Back to Top
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2003
Location: Virgin Islands
Status: Offline
Points: 12983
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:53pm
God points to the homos tells them they cant marry.

Back to Top
fractus.scud View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
well I have no title

Joined: 23 February 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 925
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

So how does god intervene then? Or is he just used as a scapegoat, given thanks, and then overlooked with the bad stuff starts to happen.

God interevenes mostly in people personal lives, not in mass amounts of people at once, nor will he stop a landslide that will hit a village which was "smartly" built of shcks on a loose slope. People blame God for things that they, or some other person, deserves the blame. Lets face it, no one wants to be blamed for anything. So they blame God.


Benny go home!
Back to Top
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Joined: 26 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11662
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Just because I watched Curt Schilling claim that god helped him pitch the game. Very amusing.


If you insist that there is a god that is responsible for the good things, he better damn well be responsible for the bad things. Or else it just proves to me that there is nothing.



It makes me sick when athletes hoot and holler about god. If anything he would give support in the weightroom, he gives you your gifts and all that. He did didnt make Sammy A. Hitemgood strike out in the bottom of the 9th.
Back to Top
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2003
Location: Virgin Islands
Status: Offline
Points: 12983
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:57pm
I love it how you blame the stupidity of the people and not God.

Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:57pm
Yeah, I was only using it as an example to make fun of it.
Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:59pm

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:



We generaly dont see when he does intervene.

My point exactly.

So if we can't see, hear, feel, or otherwise know whether god has intervened, how can intervention be signficant?

Either god doesn't intervene, or his interventions are useless.

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.140 seconds.