57 [51.35%]
54 [48.65%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf GhettoSmurf wrote:

YOu have still given me no proof jesus exists bud

You're right, he didn't, some people just convinced the Romans to start the year count at some random time.  Ano Dominus is just because they thought it would be fun to play a trick on the world, it doesn't really mean in the year of our Lord. 

saepe fidelis
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:30pm

churches profit bud, just not all of them

And do you think the churches just hoard this money?

saepe fidelis
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:31pm
I use BCE (Before Common Era) to be politically correct. Calendars made up from the Romans. It's unfortunate that the rest of the world has to go by BC and AD in reference to religion.

Edited by Dune
redneckdeerhunt View Drop Down

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckdeerhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:31pm
if your a christian u dont need proof just belive in him and trust him and belive he died for your sins u dont need proof that he exisist
i love to hunt and lite things on fire

98 custom
smartparts progressive
double trigger
lapco bishot
pen spring mod
20 oz
rocket cock
dye invision mask
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:31pm
Yea, that whole Before and After Common era thing is special, I wonder why they chose the year that they did?

saepe fidelis
Fat Stalin View Drop Down
Strike 1 Derogatory Sexual Slur 9/22

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fat Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:33pm

Some churches make their attendees donate at least 10% of their income. And if they don't tehy are condemned to hell or however that works. And then the churches don't have to pay taxes.

They don't make them do anything. I'm pretty sure in the bible you are suppose to tithe 10% of your income but you are not forced or condemnded to hell if you dont.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:33pm

Originally posted by redneckdeerhunt redneckdeerhunt wrote:

if your a christian u dont need proof just belive in him and trust him and belive he died for your sins u dont need proof that he exisist

Copout.

Yeah, It deals with Dionysius and his attempt to coordinate time based on a larger scale than just of the kings that were currently ruling. So he developed it after the time that they thought Jesus was born. The rest of the world really didn't get a say.

GhettoSmurf View Drop Down
Thou shall not pretend to break the law.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhettoSmurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:34pm
Yes it is a shame. Now I am requesting that we let this topic die. It is obvious that I will always think the truth is evolution, and the others will think the truth is in the bible. Random arguings of pure opinion will not change this. Thankyou

Edited by GhettoSmurf
Dan Long
Spyder Electra DX
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by redneckdeerhunt redneckdeerhunt wrote:

Copout.

Yeah, It deals with Dionysius and his attempt to coordinate time based on a larger scale than just of the kings that were currently ruling. So he developed it after the time that they thought Jesus was born. The rest of the world really didn't get a say.

That confused me.

saepe fidelis
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:39pm

I was saying that redneckdeerhunter's comment was a copout. People insist I show them proof of evolution and science, but they can lazily say that all they have to do is believe, it's a stupid copout.

Then I was explaining the development of the modern calendar with the help of the previous calendar set up by the Romans.

fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:39pm
and what redneckdeerhunt said is true. All we need is our faith and relationship with God, we don't need so-called scientific fact to know God exists. And moderate evolutions dosen't disprove God one bit.

Edited by fractus.scud

Benny go home!
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:40pm
That's just a load. You want proof from me, which exists all around us. Except you get to say "we just have to believe." The lack of actual proof just tells me that there is no god.

Edited by Dune
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:43pm
And what proof do you have that God dosen't exist huh? Evolution? Well sorry evolution dosn't disprove God. And what, theres no guy in the clouds? You ever relize how big our universe is, maybe God is right in the middle billions of light years away, maybe hell is a plenet next to another sun, and heaven is a planet similar to our where God lives. There is no scientific proof that God dosen't exist, just as there isn't really any that says he does.

Edited by fractus.scud

Benny go home!
GhettoSmurf View Drop Down
Thou shall not pretend to break the law.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhettoSmurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:44pm
I AGAIN request to stop this meaningless debate. Believe in what you believe in, your faith is your faith, it doesn'rt effect me or anyone else PLEASE stop this debate do not post here anymore and let this topic die
Dan Long
Spyder Electra DX
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:46pm

Originally posted by fractus.scud fractus.scud wrote:

And what proof do you have that God dosen't exist huh? Evolution? Well sorry evolution dosn't disprove God. ...There is no scientific proof that God dosen't exist, just as there isn't really any that says he does.

Whoever said that evolution disproved god?

What scientist ever claimed to have proven that god doesn't exist?

Believe it or not, the scientific community is not out to prove the non-existence of god.

well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:46pm
psh, you just can't beat me. j/k (directed towards G-Smurf)

Edited by fractus.scud

Benny go home!
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:46pm

In proving that science cooridnates the creation of living things, their destruction, and the evolving nature of organisms, science is found to be truthful. However, I am not allowed to ask for proof of god, yet many of you want hardcore facts that he doesn't. The hypocracy is very strong when we can prove science, (in which you guys say it's just god controlling science) and use "his almighty power" as a trump card. I don't see god anywhere, nor do I actually believe the stories of the bible to be true, but what I can see is an earth and space full of elements that have formed and created this world.

well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:49pm
I don't see how a big bang, that came from absolutely nothing created a perfect universe without any help. And who says science has corridinated all that happens on Earth, maybe science itself has been corrdinated.

Benny go home!
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:51pm
It's true that origins of our past are unfounded. No one can argue that. Where we differ is on thow that came to be. With new scientific discovery being made every day, I chose that route seeing that it was the best for potential growth and development.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:51pm

Originally posted by fractus.scud fractus.scud wrote:

I don't see how a big bang, that came from absolutely nothing created a perfect universe without any help.

Then I encourage you to read some more.  It really isn't that complicated, and the evidence really is quite compelling. 

Instead of just listening to people tell you how evolution/big bang couldn't have happen, actually read more about it and learn.

Quote says science has corridinated all that happens on Earth, maybe science itself has been corrdinated.

Huh?

Edited by Clark Kent
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic