FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

There goes Canada (**edited** Marriage)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
Author
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: There goes Canada (**edited** Marriage)
    Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:52pm
Canada just legalized **edited** marriage...(sorry, not JUST, more like on the 29th)

Besides Canada, only Netherlands and Belgium have allowed **edited** marriage.

And people say the US is the only country against it...

Edited by Linus

BradNowell View Drop Down
Not sensitive to others needs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradNowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:53pm
Sweet go canada!! People just need to keep an open mind.
"When I travel through mountainous areas or places of questionable hillbilly population, I usually keep a gun in the vehicle"

-Da Hui
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by BradNowell BradNowell wrote:

Sweet go canada!! People just need to keep an open mind.
Sorry, I'm with the other 197 countries.

I'm fine with homosexauls, just not the sexual act...

Edited by Linus

Atrosity View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Inappropriate Avatar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atrosity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:55pm
So did France I think? I still don't see why everybody cares, it's not them, so just stay out of it.
"Who me? No I'm quite blunt, like a sledghammer to the temple."-Me
Atrosity View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Inappropriate Avatar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atrosity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:58pm
So did France I think? I still don't see why everybody cares, it's not them, so just stay out of it.
"Who me? No I'm quite blunt, like a sledghammer to the temple."-Me
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 12:18am
Let them do what they want. **edited** the church and their stupid rules. If were as free as they tell us, homosexuals should be able to marry.
///AMG What?
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 12:22am
So did spain, go countries that arent populated by idiots!
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 12:22am
who cares? if homosexuals want to get married, go ahead. society is fine when homosexuals and their culture are not pressed on heterosexuals. and same for the other way round.

if everyone can be open minded, there won't be problems

and linus, since when did marriage mean having sex? that just means they legally unite...so you shouldn't have a problem with it...

Edited by High Voltage
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 12:25am
Pffft...they need to spend more time legalizing pot.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 12:25am
Why is it illegal? It makes no sense why it is illegal. It's not like homosexuals getting married is going to effect you.

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 12:29am
Specialy in spain.
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 12:30am
It was already legal here in Nova Scotia for about a year before the rest of Canada.

Why are conservatives against progress? Why do they feel the need to keep themselves the majority and try to limit the rights of everyone that is different than them?

Edited by Hitman
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

tippmann89c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann89c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 12:32am

Originally posted by PlentifulBalls PlentifulBalls wrote:

Pffft...they need to spend more time legalizing pot.

here, here!

*slams beer glass on the bar*

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 12:52am
Wow Linus, looks like your anti-homosexual marriage antics have backfired. There's a lot more openminded, humanistic people on this forum than you thought. Good job Canada, lets hope it spreads to the US.
goodsmitty View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Childish Insults 3/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:00am
You know, Jesus condemns homosexuality maybe twice in all four gospels. He condemns the rich probably about 30 times. I vote to outlaw wealth. Jesus would want it that way.
"Reading this thread, I'm sad to say that the only difference between the average American and the average Taliban is economic status."
-Zesty

Mag-a-Man View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 Derogatory Sexual Slur 9/22

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mag-a-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:01am
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Why is it illegal? It makes no sense why it is illegal. It's not like homosexuals getting married is going to effect you.

took the words right out of my mouth cedric
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:02am

Marriage is "the mutual relation of husband and wife", or "the institution whereby men and women are joined in a special kind of social and legal dependence for the purpose of founding and maintaining a family".  I see nothing in there about 2 guys, and I see nothing about two women either. 

The fact is that marriage has nothing to do with homosexuals.  What is the best solution?  In my opinion it is to make a new kind of bond.  Call it a civil union or something, I don't care, but it isn't marriage.  I think that the only reason that some homosexuals are against the option that I sugest is because they just want to prove a point or are just stubborn.

I am personaly against homosexuals, but I don't care what they do as long as it isn't against the law and as long as it doesn't affect me.

Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:02am

Haha, well I guess that's one way to go about it. I would vote outlaw religion; however, I see you use it for good and not evil GS. Lets just hope that the US wises up and starts to think outside the box.

No one is proving a point. It is a socially accepted term. I will still get married and I'm atheist, so any homosexual should be able to do the same.

Edited by Dune
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:02am
No, he doesnt condem the rich. He condems people that dont give to needy. Take Job for instance, God loved Job.
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:04am
I say let them get married.  It's their choice, and we shouldn't judge.  I have no problem with it, but I think it's kind of weird.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
  Share Topic