Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

There goes Canada (**edited** Marriage)

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
Author
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Joined: 14 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1267
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:27am

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Of course I'm against religion, but if you took the time to read a little you'd see that I am not for making it illegal. I understand that it is for people not like me and that it is okay. For you to be against homosexual marriage is very selfish in the fact that because it doesn't pertain to you, you still want it to be outlawed. Even though I'm atheist, I have no problem with those that are. I was only joking about outlawing religions.

  But I said that I was against it because marriage doesn't apply to homosexuals.  If you read MY post you would see that I was for an alternative option of civil union.  What is so selfish about me wanting people to call what they do a name that fits the action?

Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:27am
He'll make up something Choopie, and if not he'll argue stupid semantics with you. It's not like it'll be useful against you.
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:28am
The name of marriage applies to everyone nowadays. It doesn't matter what religion or no religion at all (me), I will still be married by someone of faith. If that's fair for me, why not for them. The term has lost it's power.
Back to Top
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Joined: 26 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11662
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:28am
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

I will retract what I said. I am not AGAINST religion. As that seems to be too much of a forceful word. I am atheist, so I don't AGREE with religion.


Heh.. Ile rewrite the post i deleated when i read what you wrote.

Hashi, he isnt really against religion, you are the one that is against something here. And you are being far more abrasive than Dune. Its a trend ive notice with people that have "religion"

And for the record, i work in a church.
Back to Top
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Joined: 14 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1267
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:30am
  Marriage was never described as "two Christians ...." or two muslims, or two athiests, one Christian and one Muslim, ext.  It just says man and woman.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Back to Top
Nutteralex View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2005
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 267
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutteralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:30am
I have no problems with homosexuals. Actually one of the best guy's I've ever met is **edited**. They are people, not animals or robots. Just as long as one doesn't comes out of the closet and tries to feel me which wont happen I'm fine. Always get to know the person before you judge them.

Please for the love of god don't get a flatline.
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:32am
But marriage is just a term these days. It doesn't matter what it use to be; hell, bible rules aren't followed exactly these days. This can just be one of them. It does hurt anyone.
Back to Top
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Joined: 14 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1267
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:35am

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

I will retract what I said. I am not AGAINST religion. As that seems to be too much of a forceful word. I am atheist, so I don't AGREE with religion.


Heh.. Ile rewrite the post i deleated when i read what you wrote.

Hashi, he isnt really against religion, you are the one that is against something here. And you are being far more abrasive than Dune. Its a trend ive notice with people that have "religion"

And for the record, i work in a church.

  Well fine then.  I don't agree with homosexuals!  What do you consider against anyway?  Ever heard the saying "You're either with me or against me"?  If it is black and white, then anyone who doesn't agree is against and those that do are for.  Get technical for all I care.  I don't go around and tell homosexuals "You can't do that", and Dune doesn't say "You can't go to church!", so in my book that puts us exactly even, but on opposite sides of the argument.

Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Back to Top
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Tons of em’

Joined: 14 July 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 9800
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:37am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by agentwhale007. agentwhale007. wrote:

I have yet to hear a good reason to ban Homosexual Marriage other than



  • Ewww its Icky!

  • They cant have kids

  • Bible says so

None of them can or should be bases for a law.




Exactly. Very, very well said.


Linus, can you tell me please, how same sex marriage directly affects you in any way?


He knows he would like it, but his ignorant right wing views conflict with his true feelings.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:37am
I agree, you can be against it all you want. However, to be in opposition of a law creating rights for homosexuals to get married is wrong. You may disagree with it, but if given the chance to vote, humanity and legal rights top all and should be given to those, regardless of how you feel about homosexuality in the first place.
Back to Top
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Took down Mike Tyson

Joined: 13 July 2004
Location: Philly
Status: Offline
Points: 6454
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:39am
More power to Canada.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Back to Top
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Fire in the disco

Joined: 12 March 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Status: Offline
Points: 14179
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:40am
rofl to plenti is all i have to say....
Back to Top
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Joined: 14 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1267
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:41am

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

I agree, you can be against it all you want. However, to be in opposition of a law creating rights for homosexuals to get married is wrong. You may disagree with it, but if given the chance to vote, humanity and legal rights top all and should be given to those, regardless of how you feel about homosexuality in the first place.

 But my point is that marriage does not cover homosexuals.  All you have managed to say to counter is that deffinitions aren't permanent.  If people would just make something new, every reasonable person would be happy.  To say that I am denying homosexuals rights is ignorant.  I just offer the rights in a new form that you don't want to accept.

Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:44am

Regardless of whether or not marriage is a term you religious people go by, it is the same term that everyone (atheist and homosexual) go by. Get over it. If that is the conventially used term, then so be it. I refuse to call it a "civil union" just because people of faith are too insecure to allow those different from them from entering a bond of love in the same fashion. No new format, nothing that makes it different than the rest of the population. It should be the same regardless of who you are.

Back to Top
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Joined: 14 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1267
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:49am
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Regardless of whether or not marriage is a term you religious people go by, it is the same term that everyone (atheist and homosexual) go by. Get over it. If that is the conventially used term, then so be it. I refuse to call it a "civil union" just because people of faith are too insecure to allow those different from them from entering a bond of love in the same fashion. No new format, nothing that makes it different than the rest of the population. It should be the same regardless of who you are.

 Just like I said.  Making a point is all you are trying to do.  Marriage is a term DEFINED as One Man, One Woman.  That is what you won't get over.  You are trying to change the definition because some people want it to be different.  I am the one that wants to add.  I want progress.  You want to change what is in place to accomodate the needs of the few.  I am trying to add to accomodate the needs of the few. 

Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:51am
Add nothing. So if a homosexual couple gets a civil union and someone asks them if they are married they are supposed to say "no, we have a civil union?" Come on, arguing over semantics you sound like Linus. It doesn't matter what the definition is, especially if an atheist like me will still get married to spite those that may be mad. As time goes on, this should change as well and people should maybe lighten up a bit.
Back to Top
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Fire in the disco

Joined: 12 March 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Status: Offline
Points: 14179
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:55am
hashi, it's called same sex marriage...it's DEFINED as two men or two women.

not to mention, who are you to say that documents/customs can't be amended to keep up with the changing times...?
Back to Top
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Joined: 14 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1267
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:58am

  Why do you keep bringing up the fact that you are an athiest?  Your attempts to relate athiest marriages to homosexual marriages is idiotic.  It says NOWHERE that Christians are the only ones allowed to be married.  What it does say is that marriage is between a man and a woman. 

BTW:  They could say they are "lifepartners" or whatever.  All your argument has come down to is that atheist marry all the time and that homosexuals can't literaly say they are "married".  Those are trivial and shouldn't even matter.

Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 2:01am
Wrong, the fact is you are too "proud" to let two men marry. The bible may say that it is for a man and a woman; however, as time and tradition changes, why should those who do not follow the book give a crap on what it says. If I can get married, then two men can also because we do not accept god into our lives. Marriage is also for christians, as it is for a man and a woman. It is the same, as I could care less what any christian thinks, and a homosexual shouldn't pay attention to anyone debating the semantics of a book so out dated that it too needs a new edition.
Back to Top
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Joined: 14 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1267
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 2:11am

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Wrong, the fact is you are too "proud" to let two men marry. The bible may say that it is for a man and a woman; however, as time and tradition changes, why should those who do not follow the book give a crap on what it says. If I can get married, then two men can also because we do not accept god into our lives. Marriage is also for christians, as it is for a man and a woman. It is the same, as I could care less what any christian thinks, and a homosexual shouldn't pay attention to anyone debating the semantics of a book so out dated that it too needs a new edition.

  It isn't just the Bible.  It is every dictionary ever made.  It is the DEFFINITION of a word.  It is what the word means.  The stupid thing is trying to change the word because YOU are to pround to accept something new.  If I wanted "blue" to mean "red" tommorow, I couldn't do it (at least not on a national or world scale).  You are trying to CHANGE things to accomodate growing practices.  I am trying to add something to accomodate for growing practices.

 Ohh well. It is useless arguing with you.  Your mind was made up on the day you confronted this issue.  This  is why I can't stand it when liberals call others "closed minded", because liberals have just as many closed minded people.  I was just trying to help, but if you think that creating something that SHOULD make everyone happy (I am giving everyone what they want besides a name.  WOuld you complain if you wanted a brand named product, but you got the exact same item with ONLY a different brand name?).  I have to get some sleep.  Try not to take too many sucker punches at my views while I sleep and then wake up to do something productive with my life.

Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.172 seconds.