Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

saving private ryan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
redneckdeerhunt View Drop Down

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckdeerhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

The cinamatography in BHD was extremely similar to that of SPR...to say the least.

So true weird story here-I woke up this morning and said "I want to see Saving Private Ryan again." I've been saying for months they don't ever show that on TV, and that's wrong. So I go buy the movie today-and it comes on TNT. No big deal really, since I hate edited movies, but ironic nonetheless...

I think SPR is probably the finest WWII film ever made, with the possible exception of Patton, or maybe The Longest Day (I love that movie).

if u like wwII movies check out to hell and back its really good
i love to hunt and lite things on fire

98 custom
smartparts progressive
double trigger
lapco bishot
pen spring mod
20 oz
rocket cock
dye invision mask
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 2:06pm
Ill agree on To Hell And Back, good movie... and, Black hawk Down was based on a true story i thought...
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 2:45pm
Yeah ABC (I think) used to show Saving Private Ryan on Memorial Day unedited, but here in Central Texas they stopped this year.
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Ill agree on To Hell And Back, good movie... and, Black hawk Down was based on a true story i thought...

Yes black hawk down is based in a true story.. Loosely. They make out our troops to be saints and heros. But we deserved what we got.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 3:11pm

The cinamatography in BHD was extremely similar to that of SPR...to say the least.

I liked that SPR was a lot more gritty, more muted colors, you felt like you were running around constantly. It was better too.
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 3:21pm
Did anyone else know the funny truth about Black Hawk Down?

The US Government will approve war films and sometimes lend them vehicles to use for the films. This brings down the budget cost of the film and at the same time gives the US Military a 2-hour long advertisement.

Cooperation approved. But the Pentagon did insist on one important change: the name of McGregor's character, a real-life Army Ranger named John Stebbins, couldn't be used in the film. Stebbins was one of the heroes of the battle of Mogadishu and won a Silver Star, but by the time the script was submitted for approval, he had been court-martialed for molesting a 12-year-old boy. The military didn't want anything to do with him, so McGregor's character was renamed Danny Grimes.

Edited by Hitman
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 3:27pm
Interesting. They probly dont want everyone remembering his as a hero. The people that have organizations that do things like create databases for sex offenders would deffinatly have a problem with a film depicting him as a war hero instead of a predator of little children, wich really, when i think about it, isnt really bad. The army was also ashamed of his actions.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 3:33pm
The only 2 war DVD's I own are Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down....SPR is easily 10X better than BHD, I'm sorry, but it's true.
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 3:41pm
BHD was good the first time I saw it. But after the initial awesomeness wears thin it becomes pretty lame.

With SPR you become attached to almost every character.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 3:47pm
I loved band of brothers. The HBO series with easy company. Is was made by the same people that did SPR did Band of Brothers.
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 4:02pm
I really did enjoy the Band of Brothers series aswell. It slowed down towards the end but was a worthwhile experience.

WKS_weiner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WKS_weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 4:47pm
band of brothers was good but it could have been better.
Always Bite the Hand

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckdeerhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 5:34pm
yeah band of brothers is really good i was givin it to me for my b-day and i watch it all the time its really good

what are some other wwII movies yall have seen

98 custom
smartparts progressive
double trigger
lapco bishot
pen spring mod
20 oz
rocket cock
dye invision mask
GhettoSmurf View Drop Down
Thou shall not pretend to break the law.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhettoSmurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 5:52pm

Originally posted by MagicMikebb MagicMikebb wrote:

You're sig freaks me out.

and your sig freaks us out

yeh, band of brothers was superb. Same with saving private ryan. A lotta those submarine movies were great. the best of those was a foreign on, "Das Boot"

Edited by GhettoSmurf
Dan Long
Spyder Electra DX
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 5:56pm

Originally posted by redneckdeerhunt redneckdeerhunt wrote:

yeah band of brothers is really good i was givin it to me for my b-day and i watch it all the time its really good

what are some other wwII movies yall have seen

The Thin Red Line was decent...I never saw it to the ending though. It came out almost the same time as Saving Private Ryan, which was a disaster. There are quite a few old ones, but I highly recommend The Longest Day.

WKS_weiner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WKS_weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:24pm
^^^ i sort of hate old war movies. john wayne, kill every german you
see, bullets dont hurt that much if your american, lets get them all
pilgrim kind of movies sort of bug me. but there ok to watch once in
while.
Always Bite the Hand

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckdeerhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:27pm

Originally posted by redneckdeerhunt redneckdeerhunt wrote:

yeah band of brothers is really good i was givin it to me for my b-day and i watch it all the time its really good what are some other wwII movies yall have seen

The Thin Red Line was decent...I never saw it to the ending though. It came out almost the same time as Saving Private Ryan, which was a disaster. There are quite a few old ones, but I highly recommend The Longest Day.

i dont know why but i hated the thin red line i mean it was okay but i havent seen it in awhile

98 custom
smartparts progressive
double trigger
lapco bishot
pen spring mod
20 oz
rocket cock
dye invision mask
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:29pm

Originally posted by WKS_weiner WKS_weiner wrote:

^^^ i sort of hate old war movies. john wayne, kill every german you
see, bullets dont hurt that much if your american, lets get them all
pilgrim kind of movies sort of bug me. but there ok to watch once in
while.

I think you're referring to shows like Green Berets-which was a terrible movie. I agree-John Wayne was the original Chuck Norris/Steven Seagal Superman-style movie.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckdeerhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:53pm
yeah john wayne was in that wwII movie in harms way which was about the airborn invasion of france the green berets was a vietnam movie

98 custom
smartparts progressive
double trigger
lapco bishot
pen spring mod
20 oz
rocket cock
dye invision mask
lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 7:26pm
band of brothers owns them all
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic